CDIH
So how long before Glavine... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: So how long before Glavine... (/showthread.php?tid=4362)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 12-06-2002

Is hit by the curse of the mets and either gets injured or has his worst season to date and goes like 2 - 20.

- Teenweek - 12-06-2002

i say he has an under .500 record this year.

- GonzoStyle - 12-06-2002

Yeah like: 0-1

- Teenweek - 12-06-2002

No like 10-11, 11-13, a record like that. He may pitch ok, but the Mets still suck and can't score runs and remember if he has a lead going into the 9th inning Benitez will blow it.

- Keyser Soze - 12-06-2002

shit we still have Benitez, i almost forgot about that.

Glavine will be 23-2 going into the 9th. No decisions if removed from that point on.

- Arpikarhu - 12-06-2002

glavine will either injure himself in the spring or post a 3-15 record. it's the Met way!

- Keyser Soze - 12-06-2002

Glavine now heads one of the best 1-2-3 combos in baseball.

- PeterDragon - 12-07-2002

Glavine will be 11-4 going into allstar break and then get the first major injury of his career...

- JimmyBlueEyes - 12-07-2002

Am I the only one here who thinks Glavine getting picked up was not such a good move?? Curse or nothing.

- Teenweek - 12-07-2002

Quote:Glavine will be 11-4 going into allstar break

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Maybe if he was pitching on the Braves but not the Mets.

- diceisgod - 12-07-2002

Fuck Glavine. I hope he enjoys rotting away on the Mets.

- PeterDragon - 12-08-2002

Quote:Maybe if he was pitching on the Braves but not the Mets.
Ah, you non-believers......

If he was 7-7 and got injured it wouldn't be as heartbreaking; that is why he will start well....

And DIG, you got little to complain about - go watch Thome cry at his press conferences... :burnfucker:

- Is Don on the phone? - 12-08-2002

Id like to see the same thing in both the Met and the Yankee bullpens-a young starter who can win at least 15 games, and has that 20 game winner potential.

I know, I ask a lot. But at least Steinbrenner can do that! Wilpon....we'll see.

- PeterDragon - 12-08-2002

Quote:I know, I ask a lot. But at least Steinbrenner can do that! Wilpon....we'll see.
If you mean via trade or FA - your right.
I think Mets will now moving in right direction on this, but they don't yet have the minor league depth Yankees have. Remember, so far the only "young" starter the Yankees have is Weaver, and he needs to show he can do it in NY after last year.

And it really isn't Steinbrenner > Wilpon, it is Cashman+ Michael >>>>> Phillips

- Teenweek - 12-08-2002

the yankees want vasquez from the expos according to today's daily news and the mets are thinking of bringing in stanton (dumb fucking move yankees)

- Is Don on the phone? - 12-09-2002

good point, pete... I just like typing Steinbrenner....
:thumbs-up:

- GonzoStyle - 12-09-2002

letting stanton go is a bad move in my opinion. He is a solid mid reliever, having him and mendoza is like gold most times.

- HedCold - 12-09-2002

the mets just resigned trachsel for 2 yrs at 8 million. why? :disappointed:

- Arpikarhu - 12-09-2002

stanton blew his load last year. mendoza is a blown elbow waiting to happen. whereever these guys sign, by july you will never hear from them again.

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2002

trachsel is cy young after the all star game. he's a dead solid second half pitcher.