CDIH
Only in Boston... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Only in Boston... (/showthread.php?tid=4364)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 12-06-2002

Quote:BOSTON (Reuters) - A Massachusetts man filed a malpractice lawsuit on Wednesday against the doctor who left him on the operating table midway through spinal surgery to cash a check at a nearby bank.

Charles Algeri said he suffers severe pain in his right leg after orthopedic surgeon David Arndt left him for 35 minutes with an open incision in his back during a spinal fusion procedure at a Boston-area hospital. Algeri's lawyer filed the lawsuit in Suffolk County Superior Court in Boston.

Arndt, whose license to practice medicine was suspended by the state medical board, has acknowledged that he temporarily abandoned Algeri in the operating room during the July 10 operation at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

The doctor admitted to a medical board investigator that he had "exercised remarkably horrible judgment" during the surgery, according to a board report released in August.

Arndt explained to the investigator he had been waiting for his paycheck because he had to pay some overdue bills, and had been hoping to finish the surgery before his bank closed for the day.

The procedure took longer than he expected, however, and Arndt decided to make a break for the bank midway through surgery.

This has to be one of the most fucked up things I ever heard. It's not like he was a mechanic working on a car. How do you leave a human being on an operating table like that? Who would even think to do something like that, what kind of fuckin people were in the operating room that let him go? What the fuck!!!!!

- DGW - 12-06-2002

billz suck

- Skitchr4u - 12-06-2002

its boston gonzo, what can you really expect? hope the guy wins lots of $$, he deserves it after something like that

- HedCold - 12-06-2002

how did the guy who had the surgery on him find out?

- Metalfan - 12-06-2002

Gonzo....I've heard of this type of stuff happening quite a bit. But, fortunately for the asswipe doctors involved, things usually go off without a hitch. I think I'd rather be a fucking cripple then trust one of those money grubbing bastards!

- FAST FREDDY - 12-06-2002

A Mt Auburn surgeon is living week-to-week, that makes my day!

Confusedmokey:

- Hybrid - 12-06-2002

skillz 2 pay da billz

- GonzoStyle - 12-06-2002

Quote:how did the guy who had the surgery on him find out?

I had back surgery and they gave me a spinal anesthetic which you are awake for during the surgery. Or one of the people in the OR told him who knows, there were several people in the OR when I had my surgery.

- Mad - 12-06-2002

I was a wake for my surgery too. Gave me a shot in the spine and I was numb from the waist down.

I could hear them as they drilled into my leg over and over again. The doctor and staff was listening to some shitty rock n roll station. And I keep asking the anesthesiologist for more drugs. She keep shooting me up.

:thumbs-up:

- Teenweek - 12-06-2002

gonzo are you replacing me. :toast:

- Keyser Soze - 12-06-2002

hey, the fucking bank was closing you inconsiderate bastards.

- Teenweek - 12-06-2002

use fucking direct deposit.

- Goatweed - 12-06-2002

Come on, the dude had overdue bills - have you ever dealt with creditors before? They're fuckin' relentless!

- Arpikarhu - 12-06-2002

this thread is an obvious attempt to get Galt all worked up and I will have no part of it!

- Arthur Dent - 12-06-2002

I saw a show that was all about secrets of different careers, like flight attendants and home contractors and stuff. The one of medical professionals was sick.

One nurse was talking about how guys get hard-ons under general anasthetic and they have to wack it with a pair of forceps until it goes down, cause they can't cut into you until it does. And another was talking about how, during an amputation, the doc will throw the severed limb at a med student watching the operation.

- The Jays - 12-07-2002

direct deposit takes longer to clear than depositing it during bank hours...

- HedCold - 12-07-2002

Quote:Or one of the people in the OR told him who knows, there were several people in the OR when I had my surgery.
stool pigeons

- Arpikarhu - 12-07-2002

shut up hedcold! :disappointed:

- HedCold - 12-07-2002

you know you miss me

- Arpikarhu - 12-07-2002

Rolleyes