CDIH
PS2 games discussion - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: PS2 games discussion (/showthread.php?tid=4376)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 12-08-2002

So as to not overrun the Vice City thread with talk of other games.

Since I just got the system and need to catch up, I figure you guys who had the system already would be a good feedback.

I got NBA 2k2 but gomez said live was better. I'll rent live this week.

I don't like Max Payne, I rented it this week. The controls suck and the game is extremely repetitive. The bullet time thing is cool but the fun wears thin after the first few times. It's basically just slow motion but "bullet time" sounds better. The biggest drawback is the controls for the game it's horrible.

We aren't allowed to rent games that are less than 30 days old. We can but we have to pay for them but I can't wait to get my hands on shinobi, that game looks sweet.

Is the new WWE game any good, everyone says it rocks.

I'm not much into the role playing games though to be honest, like a good fighting game I like but mainly I like sports games. The only role play game I think I'll ever trully enjoy is the GTA game. I never played GTA 3 so I should get that.

Should I get and play GTA 3 before I really get into Vice City?

- Mad - 12-09-2002

Pick up a Network Adapter as soon as you can. You'll have fun beating the shit out of somebody online.

- Hybrid - 12-09-2002

madden 03. get it. now.

- LyricalGomez - 12-09-2002

So many great games, so little time

First off the bat has to be Metal Gear Solid 2....Not only is the gameplay sick, not only are the graphics amazing, but it has one Hell of a story that will keep you guessing for most of the game.

Virtua Fighter 4 and Tekken 4...Both are great fighting games, personally I like Tekken just a bit better, but it depends on personal taste really, but you can't go wrong with either game.

The new Smackdown game is pretty cool, the storyline mode is alot of fun, I'm closing in on a one year title run with Brock.

You don't have to play GTA 3 to get into Vice City, the storylines are completely seperate, but you might get spoiled by Vice City if you start GTA3 after finishing VC.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of games here but those are just the ones off the top of my head.

- GonzoStyle - 12-09-2002

Yeah I was looking at tekken 4 yesterday when I was cleaning up the game aisles. I wanna get on the smackdown game, i'll probably buy it if it is good anyway. I bought almost every wrestling game anyway, even the shitty ECW one for PS1.

I liked the original metal gear solid but once again I didn't have the patience to finish it but I did like it none the less. Much more than syphon filter which I loathed, I also never liked the resident evil games.

Anyone get down with the new shinobi yet? Everyone who rents it says the game is insane, it is constantly out. Also everyone is going nuts over splinter cell, I mean literally everyone is crazy about this game.

Yeah, but Splinter Cell is for X-box

Shinobi is good, it could have been a Hell of alot better but it was good..

MGS2 is alot easier than MGS, and the story really moves forward, I never really got frustrated with the game, which happened alot of times with the original, it's worth taking home and trying out if you get it for free anyway.

- x-file - 12-09-2002

Madden 2003 is a great addicting game. Definatley the better of the football games out there now.

NBA live 03 is a really good game. I just picked it and compared to 02 it blows it away. NBA 2k3 in my mind is not even comparable to live.

Tekken 4 is great fighting game. All the tekken games are great buys. There a game that sucks hours away from you.

WWE shut your mouth is the best wrestling game so far. All the wrestlers, graphics, and game play is sweet. Kurt angle with hair and then without is priceless.

Another great game to get is Hitman 2. I have the first one for the PC and this new one blows it away. Once you start playing it, you'll be easily addicted. Great game play, new weapons, sweet ways to whack guys.

GTA3 and VC = must have.

- LZMF1 - 12-09-2002

wait for auto modellista to come out. the game looks sick!!! it's a cell shaded racing game that looks phenomenal and from what i've heard....it plays a good as it looks.

- Goatweed - 12-09-2002

goddamn PS2 owners :angry:

- LZMF1 - 12-09-2002

segasports nhl 2k3
easports nhl 2003
ssx tricky and the original ssx are still thoroughly enjoyable

there are too many good games to list.

definitely rent them before buying :thumbs-up:

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2002

gonzo, get a network adapter yesterday.

- Skitchr4u - 12-09-2002

is a network adapter that great? would you reccomend if i only had dialup? or should i get that and the cable modem from cablevision...and is madden that much better than 2k3? or is it just a preference thing...

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2002

you gotta have broadband, otherwise its useless. its not just for madden, its for SOCOM, its for Tribes, its for ATV Rally and soon it will be for Everquest.

Its worth it for SOCOM alone.

- Hybrid - 12-09-2002

the original ssx is one of my favorite games ever

- Mad - 12-09-2002

SOCOM rocks. Killing people online with a PS2 is sweet.

Nothing more enjoyable then coming up somebody's 6 and blasting them with a burst of .223. Blood spurts out and they go down. NEXT!

- QuickStop - 12-09-2002

-hot shots golf 3. you can pick up that game at any random time and play a round. and its only $20.
-SOCOM only if you have the NA
-THPS4. best game of the series

virtua fighter 4 is better than tekken 4 IMO. but the graphics are better in T4.

- Skitchr4u - 12-09-2002

I had tekken4 for all of like 2 weeks and brought it back...thought it was a waste...doa2 was better...thanks for the advice, now i gotta shell out 40 more to cablevision each month...great...

Quote:you gotta have broadband, otherwise its useless.

No you don't, I've played many PS2 games on dial-up and they've worked just fine. The good thing is that you don't run into the same problems as with computers, everyone has the same hardware, so they can streamline connections to achieve fast connections on both broadband and dial-up.

- Lord Magus - 12-10-2002

Tony 4!!!! TOny 4!!!

<span style='font-size:31pt;line-height:100%'>TONY 4!!!!</span>

Edited By Lord Magus on 1039480230

- LZMF1 - 12-10-2002

Quote:the original ssx is one of my favorite games ever
me too.

and yes magus, THPS4 is fucking awesome.