CDIH
Wisdom teef and other horror stories - Pain - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wisdom teef and other horror stories - Pain (/showthread.php?tid=4474)

Pages: 1 2

- Ree - 12-17-2002

Who's here that have had them removed? I just had all four of them removed yesterday and the fucking pain is almost as comperable as when I broke both of my arms. My two top teef were so impacted that they were almost in my sinus cavity. They gave me the happy gas, sliced open my entire fucking gums and hammered the shit out of my mouth. The worst part of this shit is that I want a fucking hoagie!!! Something to eat other than god Damn pudding or jello. At least these percocets are fun to eat... anyone else have some fun stories about fucked up painful surgery? If not, chalk up this post to the percocet.... because really...

:wgaf:

- Sweet Angel - 12-17-2002

I had all four impacted wisdom teeth removed the summer before senior year of high school. I had it done in the hospital with general anesthesia. I remember looking like a chipmunk, but not too much pain. Glad I had all 4 done at once though, cuz I don't think I would've gone back.

- Sloatsburgh - 12-17-2002

I had all four removed at once. I was given a valium drip so it was kind of entertaining...... I felt like I was incredibly drunk.

Highlights:
Practically going into cardiac arrest from the valium. Dosage cut back after that, but I almost died.... I think/hope.
Feeling like I was in the chair for 10 seconds. One tooth being cracked open took longer than the other three.
Looking at three steps and saying "This might be a problem"
Wobbling in CVS waiting for my precription to get filled, almost knocking over a display
Dream where I felt that I was trapped outside my door way under a naked rusty boxspring and waking up to feel an ever increasing pain that continued to mount with no end in sight and was virtual unbearable, until it did end.
General soreness and trobing in the region... nothing to great.
playing with the whole in my mouth, constantly thinking there was a piece of rice in it.
Telling this story.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 12-17-2002

I had my wisdom teeth removed about a year ago, got them done two at a time. The first time wasn't that bad...painful, but I got good pain killers and all was well. The second time, something went terribly wrong, and I ended up with lock jaw for over a week, it was terrible, and the codene made me sick too. All in all oral surgery is the worst. I had real surgery a few years ago and got percosets, and was on them for like 4 months...but when they tried to ween me off of them, I think I almost died.

- kindred - 12-17-2002

I only had my top two wisdom teeth and had them both removed a few years ago. It wasn't that bad, I didn't need anything stronger than Tylenol.

My brother, however, had all four removed at the same time. He had a "growth" on one of his upper teeth that went up into his sinus cavity. He had the worse shiner I've ever seen after they finally got it out. The oral surgeon saved the tooth and it was huge!

Good luck...try some mashed potatos!

- DGW - 12-17-2002

take it like a man yah wuss Wink

- Sloatsburgh - 12-17-2002

up the ass?

- DGW - 12-17-2002

if that's yer type of man

- FAST FREDDY - 12-17-2002

The drugs make it all worth it.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 12-17-2002

I've had two taken out. One when I was in the service in 95, the second one two years later. They really weren't that bad. A little painful and spitting up blood for a few days. Luckily they weren't impacted too bad so they pretty much popped right out once the gum was cut away. Thank God for coedeine.

- PatCooper - 12-17-2002

If you didnt go to the dentist you wouldnt have to worry about these things.

- DGW - 12-18-2002

remember to floss daily!

- PollyannaFlower46 - 12-18-2002

My doctor put me to sleep for the surgery, but I woke up during the second round of teeth and I started screaming bloody murder...next thing I knew, I saw a needle coming towards my IV (I assume it was more drugs to make me sleep) and then I woke up later swollen and in pain....its no wonder I got lock jaw after that.

- Suzie - 12-18-2002

Funny this thread should come up, when I've in terrible pain for the past few days. I think of my bottom wisdom teeth is coming in, and it's awful. Feels like my mouth is giving birth. I can't afford a dentist, anyone know of a home remedy for extreme gum pain?

- GonzoStyle - 12-18-2002

Quote:anyone know of a home remedy for extreme gum pain?

Cocaine.

- Hey Ladi - 12-18-2002

Ambesol?

i had mine out like 2 yrs ago
they weren't impacted, just pushing on the rest of the teeth & only half way in

so I had local anestetic & the gas, I sort of felt the novicane needle going into the roof of my mouth, i think .... and that was such a disturbing thought

but anyway .... i had a good time durring the surgery, I kept trying to itch my nose & they kept pushing me away. then he finally told he I had to stop or I might bump their hands

the percoset was good too, but having for open holes in my mouth ... when I did a fucking white bong hit ... I was gone for most of the night :crackhead: :fuggin: Confuseduicide:

- GonzoStyle - 12-18-2002

Quote:I kept trying to itch my nose & they kept pushing me away. then he finally told he I had to stop or I might bump their hands

Like those hairs that get on your nose during a haircut and the start to itch but youdon't want her to pierce you with her shears, so you sit there and hope she has to get the phone.

- Hey Ladi - 12-18-2002

tuck your lower lip over the top one & blow up

- Arthur Dent - 12-18-2002

I had one wisdom tooth out recently. Had the nice IV that knocked me out. No pain at all. Didn't need so much as a tylenol. :bouncer:

- Metalfan - 12-18-2002

What's the big deal? I had all 4 removed at once...went home and slept for a couple of hours and went out drinking that night :toast: No pain killers necessary :disappointed: