CDIH
Year end awards series - Best TV show of 2002 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Year end awards series - Best TV show of 2002 (/showthread.php?tid=4478)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 12-18-2002

Once again you get the drift, you can vote for the shows on the list or write one in.

Sopranos dissapointed me a lot this season, while it was watchable it was nowhere near the level of greatness achieved in past seasons.

Oz was the same way, it was even worse cause several major storylines ended ubruptly and then were never mentioned but it's still a good show none the less.

Simpsons is the one constant in TV land, the show is always fresh and funny and it would get my vote if it wasn't for...

The Wire was the best new show and best show of the year in my opinion. It was another homerun by HBO and had a great cast, great story, suspense, comedy, drama. The characters were amazing though, McNulty and Omar especially. I honestly hope there is a follow up season.

- Hybrid - 12-18-2002

osbournes still makes me laugh

I watched it tonight, it was eh.

But the one scene with Ozzy standing cooking and watching the chefs on TV was hilarious for one reason. When he abruptly stops and stares then lets out the most psychoticly blank laugh I ever heard for no reason.

- The Sleeper - 12-18-2002

Pardon the Interruption

- fbd - 12-18-2002

pti rocks...but i voted 24. simpsons was a close second

- The Jays - 12-18-2002

.... you didn't put American Idol on the list, so I voted for Oz.... :-(

- Arpikarhu - 12-18-2002

Quote:but i voted 24. simpsons was a close second
ditto

I didn't put shows like PTI, Conan or like that on cause while they are technically TV shows they are not, you know?

But I agree that PTI is one of the most amazing discussion shows on TV, if not the best period. I like Best Damn sports show also, especially when the coke head is on he makes me laugh.

- fbd - 12-18-2002

we can all agree around the horn sucks, right?

- Galt - 12-18-2002

These polls have clued me in on the fact that I am so out of touch with pop culture because of school.

I have no time to listen to music, watch TV or go to the movies.

- Arpikarhu - 12-18-2002

:wgaf:

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1040190487

I like the premise of around the horn and I like the sports writers on the show but kellerman needs to go. While kellerman is a great boxing analyst and writer beyond boxing he is weak in his knowlege of other sports and really adds nothing to the show. His energy is infective when he discusses something he is adamant about like boxing but he's not the right host of the show.

- Arpikarhu - 12-18-2002

i remember when kellerman did a public access show on boxing in the early 80's. it was great . used to call in all the time.

- Hybrid - 12-18-2002

boston public should have made the list

I love Kellerman he is just infective when he gets on a rant and his energy and youth has bought a lot of new fans into the sport of boxing. For all his detractors in boxing I say he has done more for the sport as a journalist than anyone in recent memory except for maybe Michael Katz and Nigel Collins. Kellerman is awesome and i'd love to meet him one day and just pick his brain about boxing, I spoke to michael katz once and even spoke to him a few more times in e-mail and he was super nice and really great.

I wish we had more Kellermans in the boxing game.

- Goatweed - 12-18-2002

I went with the Simpsons also, but I would've included CSI and/or Law & Order on that list. I enjoy those whodunnitandhow-type shows, especially CSI because they use a lot of forensic science to solve cases, and I always had an interest in forensics but I never persued it.

Oh, and they're both really good shows.

- LyricalGomez - 12-18-2002

I love Simpsons, but my vote has to go to The Shield. Simpsons a close second, 24 third.

- Lord Slug - 12-18-2002

you HAVE to stick with the Simpsons. It's like grandma's apple pie.

- Buttmunch - 12-18-2002

I voted for the Simpsons, although I think this poll is racially biased.

No Bernie Mack? No Cedric the Entertainer? No Damon Wayans?

And how come Trading Spaces wasn't included.

Bigots. All of you. You are no better than Trent Lott.

- LyricalGomez - 12-18-2002

The Shield has more minorities than an entire season of Bernie Mac :-p