CDIH
CDIH Year End Awards - Funniest thread of the year - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: CDIH Year End Awards - Funniest thread of the year (/showthread.php?tid=4536)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- GonzoStyle - 12-24-2002

The mods and admins decided that since the end of the year is approaching as well as the boards one year anniversary, we should have an award ceremony. For the next couple weeks we will be posting several categories for you to vote on.

Originally the mods/admins were gonna choose 5 choices for each category and let people vote on them but we felt it went against our motto of democracy. So the choice shall be yours.

The plan is simple and is as follows.

- One category will be posted every two days

- People will get one choice as their vote

- All votes are to be PMed Here to this PM account. Unless you PM your vote it will NOT be counted.

- You can discuss your choices if you wish but we kept it private so people aren't pressured or tooled on for their choices.

- You have until 10:00 PM of the second day to vote.

- You may NOT vote for yourself in individual poster categories, meaning poster of the year or any individual award.

Any questions ask me.

The Category for the first vote is "Funniest Thread Of The Year".

You can sort the posts in a forum by utilizing the toolbar at the bottom of the forum page. You can sort by poster, amount of posts or dates in both decending and ascending orders if you wish.

VOTE HERE

Edited By Jack on 1040744877

- OAS - 12-24-2002

A clarification is requested here. Are we looking for the funniest post (all inclusive of any reply) or the funniest thread?

- LyricalGomez - 12-24-2002

Remember in that one thread where Arpi said it sucked? That was the best post EVER

- Jack - 12-24-2002

Quote:A clarification is requested here. Are we looking for the funniest post (all inclusive of any reply) or the funniest thread?

I believe that we are just looking for the funniest post. I think there will be a sepearate category for funniest thread.

- Arpikarhu - 12-24-2002

Quote:Remember in that one thread where Arpi said it sucked? That was the best post EVER
YOU LIKE ME!!! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!!!!! :bouncer:

Quote:A clarification is requested here. Are we looking for the funniest post (all inclusive of any reply) or the funniest thread?
like you would have any clue on either count. :lol:

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1040743921

- Arpikarhu - 12-24-2002

in all seriousness, it would be easier with choices. who remembers a single funny post past a couple of days ago?

- Jack - 12-24-2002

But who is to say that what we find funny is what you will find funny. It isn't fair for us to limit your choices to what our opinion is.

- Arpikarhu - 12-24-2002

thats why a few well rounded choices would be best. some options. like i said, iremember laughing at posts all year but as to remembering any from farther than a week ago, not so much. threads yes, individual posts, no.

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1040744433

- Jack - 12-24-2002

Your point, while definately valid, makes it seem like we no longer care about what the members want, which is definately not the case. This is a board for the members, by the members. It definately would be easier, on both ends, if we just put up a couple of choices for you to vote on, but it would make us look like other boards that didn't care about the members if we just threw up a couple options

- Jack - 12-24-2002

To make it simpler, I'll change it to Funniest Thread. Not Funniest Post. It will simplify things a little bit.

I'll also clear the PM box so any votes thus far will have to be made again.

Edited By Jack on 1040744921

- SYNTuesday - 12-24-2002

Right, thats all well and good, but this way, its going to end up a 50-way tie. Either that the winner is gonna be the post that two people picked. :-(

- Arpikarhu - 12-24-2002

this was my vote:

best thread ever! caused the most controversy, spawned a hundred other threads, and created the most mayhem:
best thread ever!!

- Jack - 12-24-2002

One of the funniest threads that I remember, was from way back when I first joined.

Seph posted a "Last Post Win's" thread. For 2 hours straight it moved through the pages so quickly that you couldn't read what was in it and still keep up. You would be behind 5-10 posts if you stopped to read 2 or 3. It was moved to the Tucked Away Shit Hole after it was locked..Click Here to read it

Couple weeks later, I changed my name and had to re-register so my old account was deleted. All the posts marked unregistered were me.

After re-reading it, some of it was hilarious. That thread gets my vote

Arpi, that was a great thread too. I totally forgot about that one. How ironic was it that Sean and I were the masterminds and I was spearheading the resistance? What good times those were.

Edited By Jack on 1040746560

- Arthur Dent - 12-24-2002

The "Pope" thread was the best. When we went for pages replacing words in sentences with "pope" and then started using any religious word.

Pope on a rope

- Hybrid - 12-24-2002

funniest post this year was Sleeper to maynard "i dont think they allow glowsticks in the moshpit"
END OF THREAD

- fbd - 12-24-2002

this is a really half assed contest...serriously, make some nominations of 10 threads or so, and give us an option to write in and publicly say our write-in. this needs too much thinking

The Funny Train...oh, wrong messageboard

- NaughtyAngel - 12-24-2002

Quote:It was moved to the Tucked Away Shit Hole after it was locked..Click Here to read it
OMG I WON!!!

Quote:The "Pope" thread was the best. When we went for pages replacing words in sentences with "pope" and then started using any religious word.
i second that!!!

- Jack - 12-24-2002

Quote:this is a really half assed contest...serriously, make some nominations of 10 threads or so, and give us an option to write in and publicly say our write-in. this needs too much thinking

Explain to me how it will be half assed when we are the ones that have to sort through and tally all the votes by hand? Half assed would be:
Quote:Here are the nominations:
Vote for your favorite one
Have a nice day.

That sounds like a half-ass excuse to me