CDIH
Your fan glory moment. - No, not the hole in the fence at fenway. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Your fan glory moment. - No, not the hole in the fence at fenway. (/showthread.php?tid=454)

- Keyser Soze - 02-14-2002

What is your happiness, most thrilling, invigorating moment in sports. When your team won the big game coming from behind or was it an individual you were pulling for to come through against all odds. What moment have you lived through and enjoy the fruits of victory vicariously?

For me its an obvious, game 6 of the 1986 world series, you know the rest.

I was lucky enough to be at the 16 inning playoff game back against the Braves where Ventura hit a grand slam single. Thats the one moment I was on the verge of tears because we were on the brink of losing that game nearly each excrutiating 16 innings.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 14 2002 at 3:06

- Galt - 02-14-2002

watching? Without question it was during a blizzard-like Saturday night sitting in Atlas Sports Bar in Boston with about 1,500 maniacs who had been drinking since 3 in the afternoon. I watched the Pats somehow put up almost 250 passing yards in the second half alone, Sloth Brady scramble for a touchdown, have an obvious fumble overruled becuase of some loophole in the rulebook, and see a line-drive duck 45yard fieldgoal somehow stay in the air long enough to put the game into overtime. That was the most insane game I've ever seen.

Playing it was in a hockey game that was tied with 4 seconds left. It was a roundrobin tourney, so we had to win the game to make the playoffs, and couldn't settle for the tie. The faceoff was outside their blue line. With our goalie pulled our center won the faceoff took a quick shot on net; I made a beeline for the net, and I dove in and roofed the game winning goal. Pure elation. Then it turns out that the scorekeeper had never started the clock after the faceoff, and one ref called off the goal. A big pow-wow ensued and after like 10 minutes of agony they came back and allowed it. We won, blah blah blah. Looking back on the tape, the play took like six seconds and we shouldn't have won. But it was so fucking sweet. I was a Golden God.

Edited By Galt on Feb. 14 2002 at 3:23

- Keyser Soze - 02-14-2002

Galt, i'm not even a Pats or Raiders fan and i'll admit that was one of the best football games i've watched, even if it was tainted by a ridiculous tuck rule.

- Galt - 02-14-2002

As good as it was for you, drink for eight hours, be surrounded by thousands of home-team fans of teams who lose EVERY big game ever, who never get breaks EVER, and you can imagine how much of a 2-hour rush that game was after halftime. The snow added so much to the drama. I watched the SuperBowl from the same place. And as much as everyone talks about how great the SuperBowl was, it didn't hold a candle to the Raiders game.

I really wish there were ways to buy those games on video. How much of a market would there be for people in Boston wanting to buy the last three games of the Pats season this year?

- Francine Banger - 02-15-2002

MATTEAU MATTEAU MATTEAU!

Greatest moment ever.

Greatest Met Moment- Game 6 of the World Series vs. Boston
Great Jet Moment- Winning the Division Title in 1998. (How sad a franchise is this)
Great Knick Moment- Allan Houston's shot to beat Miami in the 1999 Playoffs.
Great Syracuse Moment- Making the Final Four in 1996.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-15-2002

Greatest Individual/Team Moment:

David Cone's Perfect Game: I was there
1998 ALCS: I was there

I don't really follow other sports, but this was the first year ever that I actually cared about the Superbowl although I had little understanding of the game. ???

- DGW - 02-15-2002

Last year...A Knights tournamnet in Linden. Bottom of the 7th, we were down a run with 2 outs and a man on second and I went yackity yack over the right centerfield fence. Running from third to home and seeing my boys at home waiting fo me was sweet then after I touched home and got tackled as if I was in a rugby game. Yeah it was sweet.

- criticslovesnatch - 02-15-2002

I'm expecting sunday to be amazing.

Duke vs. Maryland at cole, and i have me a ticket. :bouncer:

to this point, the 96 series the game where the yankees came back from 6-0 down in atlanta, helped by the leyritz home run, was one of the most memorable.

- GonzoStyle - 02-15-2002

Ohh so many to pick..

As a boxing fan I have seen many great fights. I can't pick fights I didn't see live cause usually i knew the outcome when watching fights like: Dempsy Vs. Tunney, Louis Vs. Schmeling, and Ali Vs. Frazier.

Of the fights I saw live the most shocking was Tyson Vs. Douglas in 1990. But I couldn't call it the most thrilling, it was one of the biggest surprises and left me babbling for weeks. The Most exciting fight I saw live also was Riddick Bowe vs. Evander Holyfield, the 10th round was amazing.

- Cluster F - 02-15-2002

1. Has to be Super Bowl XXV when i watched the G-Men win it in what is in my opinion the greatest Super Bowl game ever played. They were underdogs by 6 1/2 points in that game.

2. Same year, but in the NFC championship game, when the Giants defeated the 49ers on 5 Matt Bahr field goals. The play where Leonard Marshall nails Montana from behind, pretty much ending the successful part of his career by breaking his thumb, is very memorable in my mind, especially since there wasnt much time left in the game and they were losing at the time.

3. Bills beating the Oilers in OT after being down 35-3 (i believe that was the score). I remember it was snowing that day and i was at my uncle's house all nestled up by the fire watching the game on a TV with bad reception. Those were the days.

Quote:MATTEAU MATTEAU MATTEAU!

Best Ranger moment in my life too FB.

Edited By Cluster F on Feb. 15 2002 at 2:55

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-16-2002

In Person:
-Mets- At the game where they won the National League Championship 2 years ago
-Syracuse-Watching Donovan McNabb pull a Marvin Graves and throw up before throwing a touchdown to defeat Virginia Tech in 1998
-NBA- Watching Shaq break the basket at Continental Airlines Arena

On TV:
-Syracuse- Jason Cipollas fadeaway and John Wallace's 3 Pointer against Georgia
-Eagles- Seeing the Eagles beat the Giants twice this past year
-Boxing- Watching Mike Tyson get knocked the fuck out by Buster Douglas

- The Sleeper - 02-16-2002

I was at David Cone's perfect game against the Expos so that was definetly the best thing I've ever seen Live.

As far as watching a game on TV, The Allan Houston shot against Miami in game 5 was as good as it gets.

Oh, and Kordell Stewart's hail mary to Michael Westbrook against Michigan in 94 was the most amazing individual moment I've ever witnessed.

Edited By The Sleeper on Feb. 16 2002 at 03:19