CDIH
Happy new year - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Happy new year (/showthread.php?tid=4591)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- GonzoStyle - 01-01-2003

I care thats the problem, I am an emotional bastard and I take shit to seriously. I can't honestly explain what goes into running a message board, many of you may understand many may think it takes nothing. But emotionally it takes a huge toll on you at times. I am not looking for thanks or pats on the back, I don't do this for any other reason than caring and liking many of you and not wanting to lose touch with you.

I lost it in a thread last night, it was aimed at the wrong person. I called alkey and apologized to him, it wasnt meant for him. It was meant for other people who pal around with me in person and then trash me and the way I run things behind my back, it upset me a lot to learn that recently. After 2 years I shoulda been used to it by now but you never grow used to learning those you thought were friends are really not.

The sites policies get confused by people at times, everyone wants to be territorial "I been here the longest, i was here before you were here". Everyone thinks they know the ideals of the site when they have no clue.

The site was simply built to give a home to people who wanted a bit of freedom, freedom from people who wanted to make money of a site. Freedom to post without mods breathing down their necks. Yes there are basically no rules on this site BUT one rule that was always on this site from day one was that there is to be no nudity in the pit, dont act like it is new. People post from work there is a special forum where you can post whatever the Hell you want.

The quote button hopefully was put back by now, that was one thing that I enforced that goes back to before sean left. Whatever it's done with and I apologize for my outburst.

I'm just gonna step away, I don't wanna bring down the site emotionally with me. I want everyone here to know that the mods, jack, myself we all want the best for you. Sometimes we get upset cause we get no feedback or sense of support. Like with the front page, the suggestion button, even the small little thing like the award thing. We do these things to get people to participate we don't do it for any other reason and when there is no participation it makes us worry cause maybe you don't care anymore.

I'm being long winded and maybe not making sense, i'm pretty sick and emotionally wound up. I just wanted to apologize, tell you I love you guys and i'll just take some time off to get back in check.

Happy new year and remember it's not just a message board, a lot of us are close. Cherish the time we have together cause one day when its gone you will all miss it. Then you'll realize it was never just a message board.

Have fun tonight, hope you're all out somewhere having fun.

- Sweet Angel - 01-01-2003

Gonzo, for what it's worth, I like this board much better than "the other one". I think this one is a lot more fun. Of course, I wasn't here when this one started, nor was I around when the other one started, so I can only speak from what I see. There seems to be less bullshit here, probably because there are less members and hence, less cliques.

I don't have the first clue what went on last night and I don't want to know.

I, for one, appreciate everything that you and the mods do. To spend so much time volunteering for a cause, takes a certain type of person.

I wish you and everyone else here a very happy and safe new year.

- Luna - 01-01-2003

Happy New Years Gonzo. I hope you feel better about things soon.

I haven't really been around much because I was feeling sorta unwelcomed here, but, I've always liked this board alot. I've had alot of fun here. Hopefully there is more fun to be had.

cheers

The problems online have always been people assuming shit and never getting the story from the horses mouth. I don't hate you luna, never really have, I appreciate you as a poster a lot. I appreciate many of you. A few I dislike, I won't lie, I won't say whom either cause then it will just get denied that they ever said something.

New year, new start, lets try and make it work better. We had a good year, a good run, lets hope next year will be better.

I hope the honeymooners marathon is on tonight, I always love watching those. Thought I was gonna work tonight but schedule conflicts fucked up, so i'll be ringing in the new year at home. bleh.

- Hybrid - 01-01-2003

<3 happy new year pal

:loveya: happy new year mistar mod.

- Jack - 01-01-2003

I wish I had time to tell you guys how I feel as I love this site and 99% of it's members. Unfortunately, for me to do that would probably fill up about 4 pages.

Just know that what I do a lot of the times isn't just because I may or may not like something or someone, I do it for the betterment of the site.

I'm gonna cut that off right here before I really get long winded. Happy New Year everybody.

- PatCooper - 01-01-2003

Quote:A few I dislike, I won't lie, I won't say whom either cause then it will just get denied that they ever said something.

Ok dammit i know it's me!!!! :moonie:
Happy New Year Gonz. Take a deep breath.

- The Jays - 01-01-2003

... Well, I started posting regularly at oa.com a year ago, had alot of fun over there, and now I'm here, and I'm still having as much fun.... and it's all due to the great people who put up with me at first and who now are soooooooooooo in love with me Smile ...... it's been a strange year.... thank you to Gonzo for keeping this site going....

... This past year has also given me a really bad habit with the period button...

- Hybrid - 01-01-2003

WHY DONT YOU STOP SABOTAGING THE BOARD JAYS

- LyricalGomez - 01-01-2003

I thought you were heading over to WBK's house

Did you get lost already and give up?

- The Jays - 01-01-2003

SCREW YOU AND YOUR HANDLEBAR MOUSTACHE!!!!!!
..........................................................................................

- Jinny - 01-01-2003

Happy New Year!! Feel better, Gonzie!!

- Hybrid - 01-01-2003

waiting till my friend gets out of work in 10 minutes then im leaving.

and jays, i swear to god if i ever see you in person im gonna hurt you bad.

- LyricalGomez - 01-01-2003

You couldn't hurt a can of soup

- The Jays - 01-01-2003

Quote:and jays, i swear to god if i ever see you in person im gonna hurt you bad.

...oh? you'd take time out of you busy schedule with ANTHONY to hurt me?

- Goatweed - 01-01-2003

Quote:Happy new year and remember it's not just a message board, a lot of us are close. Cherish the time we have together cause one day when its gone you will all miss it. Then you'll realize it was never just a message board.

This should be on the front page, because it doiesn't get more truer than this.

I appreciate this board and it's members more than people know. Anyone else can tell you that I'm logged onto it practically all day at work, and most nights at home, including the chat room. I've said on many occassions that the people behind the curtain never get the respect they should - mostly because what they do goes unnoticed. Some of us do notice, however ;-) The bottom line, I'm glad this place is here - too glad, at times.

I'm heading out to a party, but it'll be a low-key night. I'm not feeling all that party-ish, and I'm not even feeling all that great. I just wanna wish everyone a happy and safe NYE tonight.

And if I knew you were gonna be off Gonzy, we could've hung and watched a bunch of Bond flicks :-D

- fbd - 01-01-2003

this board sucks now, becuase of shit like this. its become oa.com again, with gonzo turning into froy, just like i said to all of you people behind his back. and i hate every one of you. i hope you all die tonight. and i dont appreciate a single thing done by the mods of this site*

*the previous statement should not be taken serriously by anybody with an iq over 70

Edited By fbdlingfrg on 1041387181

- Teenweek - 01-01-2003

Happy New Year everybody. :toast: I like this board a lot and Gonzo and Jack have done an incredible job. I love this place and hope it keeps getting better and better. The people make the board. :banana: :banana:

- Luna - 01-01-2003

Quote:You couldn't hurt a can of soup
:-o
lmmfao!!! :lol: