CDIH
Human cloning - Have we finally gone too far? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Human cloning - Have we finally gone too far? (/showthread.php?tid=4593)

- Teenweek - 01-01-2003

With all this talk from these alien freaks who say they have a cloned a human baby, this leaves a lot to discuss. We are entering a new year and advancements in science and technology become more real everyday. Is this an advancement in science or an act of playing god. Can this help to cure diseases and learn more about things about the human anatomy than we could ever realize or are we making living breathing soulless individuals

An example for the science aspect is with invetero fertilization, isn't that already a way of playing god in a way. A man and woman who are infertile and unable to have a baby are able to pick and choose who they want as a sperm donor or who they want to have their egg fertilized.

We have already cloned animals with the main one being Dolly the sheep. However there have been reports of kidney malfunctions and other ailments that have caused problems with these cloned animals. Now with humans, what will happen.

A baby being born is always known as the miracle of life. It is the coming together of a man and a woman who most of the time love each other and want to bring a new life into this world. Can a cloned human love, care, have feelings of remorse or regret or joy or love. What diseases can come from a human clone.

Is this wrong. Have we taken science too far to try to duplicate the miracle of life. Are scientists going somewhere they should not go.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing and if and your partner could not have a baby of your own, would you want a clone of your own DNA or would you go the adoption route.

What are your feelings on this.

Edited By Teenweek on 1041391676

- AdolescentMasturbator - 01-01-2003

For the whole recreating the miracle of life/playing god thing I couldn't give a crap about.

The thing that concerns me is health issues. First of all the procedure is hardly perfected on sheep yet alone humans. Do people give you cancer drugs if they can't prove it's safe for animals? Same principle should apply to cloning. Second, you don't have an exact replica of you. You have someone that is extremely similar. DNA throughout your lifetime slightly changes, kind of like a VHS tape that's been played over a lot(i know bad analogy but it works), so you might have children flawed because of the old copy of a copy of a copy scenario.

Another thing that intriques me is if we have widespread cloning we might have a very quick dwindling of the variance in the gene pool. Each generation that passes should have more variations, not less.

Then there's the whole genetic engineering thing, but that's another topic altogether.

- Arpikarhu - 01-01-2003

science am fun! :bouncer:

Yeah I'm hoping I win my 6th grade science fair. That volcano should be creative enough.

- Bartman - 01-01-2003

fucking smartass

- Arpikarhu - 01-01-2003

Quote:Yeah I'm hoping I win my 6th grade science fair. That volcano should be creative enough.
its gonna beat my potato flashlight :-(

Hey I have to win this time. I'm still bitter about my 4th grade science fair. I fucking had an elaborate presentation on solar power with mini-windmills and some twat with a volcano beat me. Fucking bitch sucked off all the judges.

- SYNTuesday - 01-01-2003

haha, i know the feeling. :lol: I never took the science fair seriously, though.