CDIH
Quake III beta. anyone? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Quake III beta. anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=4681)

- Arpikarhu - 01-06-2003

never mind

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1041895011

- Sloatsburgh - 01-06-2003

Sounds interesting.....

- LyricalGomez - 01-07-2003

What was it?

- The Sleeper - 01-07-2003

hippie propoganda

- ClusterF@#$ - 01-07-2003

Quake needs a serious return to its roots. The original kicked ass.... dark, evil.... I loved that game.

They done messed it up.

Edited By ClusterF@#$ on 1041955230

- SYNTuesday - 01-07-2003

Basically True

- ClusterF@#$ - 01-08-2003

I seriously wouldn't mind if they made Quake chock full of lesbians.

- Keyser Soze - 01-08-2003

They mention a new Game Boy advance on the way with a backlight. Thats sweet. The original gameboy advance has been collecting dust on my desk due to lack of aforementioned backlight, its too ghetto trying to get it to work with some half assed flashlight attachment. The games were pretty bomb tho.

- Goatweed - 01-08-2003

from USA Today :
Quote:The most popular game system in history is getting a facelift.

A new version of Nintendo's handheld Game Boy, which has sold 150 million units since 1989 to Pokémon-crazed kids and bored travelers, is being updated to reflect consumers' increased expectations as well as to stay ahead of new competition from games played on cell phones.

The Game Boy Advance SP with a flip-up, lighted color screen will cost $99 when it hits U.S. stores March 23, according to Nintendo. It joins Game Boy Advance, now $70, and replaces the discontinued Game Boy Color system.

Screen visibility has been a particular sticking point in the past with users. "The one big complaint about Game Boy Advance has always been it has a dark display," says Simon Price, analyst with International Development Group. Billy Berghammer, director of an influential Nintendo Internet site called Planet GameCube, adds: "I used to get a headache from squinting at that screen."

The Advance SP includes lighting along the screen's edge. For the first time, it also comes with a rechargeable battery pack instead of depending on disposable AA cells. The battery pack lasts about 10 hours including the light and up to 18 hours with the light off.

According to Nintendo, Advance SP is compatible with all previous Game Boy cartridges. More than 300 games have been released for the Advance system with hundreds more available for Game Boy.

The other major change is its clamshell design. Shaped like a cosmetics compact, the SP has its 2.4-by-1.6 inch screen built into its lid and unfolds vertically. It folds into a 3-inch square about an inch thick — nearly half the size of earlier units. "I like the fact that it folds down and becomes very portable," says Brian Farrell, president of game publisher THQ. "I think it's very appealing, perhaps even for an older gamer."

Questions remain as to why Nintendo is introducing SP at a time when the company is enjoying unprecedented success with the current Advance. In November alone, Nintendo sold 1.3 million units, "one Hell of a lot of business," says Price. Since its introduction in mid-2001, Game Boy Advance has sold 11.5 million units in the USA.

I don't like the new look - it looks like a cross between a PDA and a text messenger. The screen looks a little bigger, though. I use a Pelican clam-shell light on mine, and it works perfectly - for $10, you can't go wrong. There is also the Afterburner light option, but that requires actual installation on your part, and I hear it can be tricky. I'm sure this new one will sell like crazy, though.

[Image: ninten04.jpg]
[Image: 20030107-00000980-reu-bus_all-view-000.jpg]

- Weird NJ - 01-08-2003

I did that Afterburner thing. The only real problem I had was installing the dimmer switch which was definitely the wrong design.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 01-08-2003

magus is jerkin off , still to that picture

(not because of the ugly chink)

- QuickStop - 01-09-2003

Quote:The screen looks a little bigger, though.
the screen is the same size i believe. i want this version, but it sucks that they did this a year after they released the original version. now what the Hell am i gonna do with the GBA i have now?
Quote:The games were pretty bomb tho.
yeah. i have two killer games. "castlevania: circle of the moon" and "advance wars."

- SYNTuesday - 01-11-2003

Speaking of SP,
Minus the Pope and a Rabbi