CDIH
Exactly a year ago today - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Exactly a year ago today (/showthread.php?tid=4819)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Maynard - 01-12-2003

This board went live, for the 3rd time!

I'm just sitting doing a little reflection here and I'm gonna say thanks.

Thanks Sean, Gonzo, Kid Afrika, Seph, for starting this place. Thanks Sean and Gonzo for paying the majority of the bills since day 1. Thanks to all the others who helped a little bit in the development and planning of this place.

There have been alot of up times, and down times for me on this board. But all added into the total CDIH experience.

Thanks guys.

- fbd - 01-12-2003

only 2 days until the huge membership explosion where most of the board was invited, or as i call it, "the day oa.com died"

thanks guys. site much appreciated

- Keyser Soze - 01-12-2003

i was trying to pinpoint this date, nice job maynard. i knew it was right around this time. thanks sean, gonzo, kid and seph for this disfunctional community. i thoroughly enjoy it.

- Maynard - 01-12-2003

I was trying to remember the REAL date. But there's no way of figuring that out. Sean might remember.

This was the date the board was setup the final time. It was open I think for about a week or so before this. Then we had a meltdown.

- Luna - 01-12-2003

Thank you sean, gonzo, kid and seph! :toast:

- GonzoStyle - 01-12-2003

Yeah this version of the board went up on January 12th.

The original board went up around december 10th I believe.

- Maynard - 01-12-2003

Wow....I didn't realize there was a month in between.

Yeah the first got took down 2 weeks after going live and the second was also almost 2 weeks. The third was gonna be the last shot, if this one went down we weren't doin it again.

- Maynard - 01-12-2003

I can remember Sean's frustration.

Thankfully, everything worked out with the 3rd server.

I was physically present for some of his frustration... scary.. SCARY!!

- Jack - 01-12-2003

Actually this version of the board came about in July. We were running 3.0.2 until that point. Then Sean and I spent a couple of frustrating weeks upgrading to the current 3.1.1. That was when I just started using Ikonboard and didn't know all that much about it (Although, I think Sean thought I knew quite a bit).

By version I meant incarnation.

- Danked - 01-12-2003

It wasn't until 3.4.2.33.66985 that we really hit our stride.

- Arpikarhu - 01-12-2003

this board did not really get started until jan 14th. thats when i joined and brought the final ingredient of laughter and intelligence. mod me!

- Hey Ladi - 01-13-2003

:banana: I'm thouroughly ...... th ..... really enjoying this place. Thanks you to everyone who makes it possible.

- GonzoStyle - 01-13-2003

No and No.

- Arpikarhu - 01-13-2003

what a tribute it would be to the excitement of the one year anniversary if i was to become a mod!!

- virgingrrl - 01-13-2003

has it been that long already?

what a long strange trip it has been...and loving (almost) every minute of it.

thanks guys and gals.

- crx girl - 01-13-2003

time flies don't it. i hope this doesn't mean we're gonna go down for a few days at the end of the month. i'd like to see my name under the celebrating birthday section of the board this year, thanks.

- Arpikarhu - 01-13-2003

mod me