CDIH
What are your favorite obscure movies? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What are your favorite obscure movies? (/showthread.php?tid=493)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Galt - 02-18-2002

Now, I don't mean those film noir movies that Ikea and 7 other people on the planet have seen. I mean movies that are actual Hollywood movies, but just weren't generally released or that many people haven't seen.

The reason I thought of this was that I saw a really cool movie last night on one the pay channels my descrabler gives to me for free. It was called The Last Supper and had some pretty well known people for an indie movie. Cameron Diaz, Jason Alexander, Bill Paxton, and a few others.

The premise was that these little commie pinko grad students have a stranger over to dinner every Sunday. The dinners turn into arguments, and so the "open minded" liberals decide that the world would be better of without some of the opinions of their dinner guests, so the five roommates decide to kill their guests.

It had some really funny parts, and some great one-liners. The deaths were just poinsonings so not any gore, but it was still pretty good.

A couple other movies that come to mind for me are Freshand Freeway (which isn't incredibly obscure, but I still love that fucking movie, and a TON of people haven't seen it)

**edit stole Maynard idea to link them to IMDB

Edited By Galt on Feb. 18 2002 at 12:31

- Arpikarhu - 02-18-2002

the list of adrian messinger. it is a murder mystery with george c. scott and charles boyer. they question all of these people in regards to a murder and at the end of the movie you find out all of the people they talked to were stars in latex makeup. tony curtis, frank sinatra, burt lancaster, etc...

flipped me out the first time i saw it

- Maynard - 02-18-2002

I will have to go with one of my all time favorites, The Doom Generation.

This is Rose McGowan's second flick. If you rent this though, be sure to get the uncut version. There is some pretty good stuff in this that is edited out of some versions.

- Arpikarhu - 02-18-2002

do you have to post after me all the time? fucking stalker!

- criticslovesnatch - 02-18-2002

Boondock Saints.

one of my favorite action movies of all time, but most people haven't heard of it.

also the inspiration for my sig :burnfucker:

- Arpikarhu - 02-18-2002

criticslovesnatch Wrote:Boondock Saints.

one of my favorite action movies of all time, but most people haven't heard of it.

you dont have to tell me. you are preaching to the choir

- criticslovesnatch - 02-18-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:
criticslovesnatch Wrote:Boondock Saints.

you dont have to tell me. you are preaching to the choir
"We could kill....EVERYBODY!"
"what do you think?"
"I'm strangely comfortable with it"

:burnfucker: :burnfucker: :burnfucker:

- Sephiroth - 02-18-2002

<center><font size=5>MANOS - THE HANDS OF FATE</font>

- Luna - 02-18-2002

Caligula
-the violence
-the torture
-the sex
-the insanity

- IkeaBoy - 02-18-2002

Meet the Feebles

and Seph, the master's not here right now.

- GonzoStyle - 02-18-2002

Jan Svankmajer's - Faust

- Wormface - 02-18-2002

Quote:Meet the Feebles

and Seph, the master's not here right now.

Ok Targo...

Mee the feebleswas cool.. wit puppets doin coke you cant go wrong..

for me, my fav obscure movie is ''Duck: The Carbine High Massacre"

- Hybrid - 02-18-2002

harry potter.............i mean.........ugh......... :p

- Sephiroth - 02-18-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:and Seph, the master's not here right now.
But why Master? You have 8.... I just want one...

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-18-2002

Kiss Me Guido
My Life In Pink (its a french film)

A bunch more, but I can't remember them all now

- Doc - 02-19-2002

Brain Donors

One of the best obscure comedies I've ever seen, it's in the same vein as Abbot and Costello or Three Stooges, but with a modern twist. It stars John Turturro and Bob Nelson.

Edited By Doc on Feb. 19 2002 at 09:33

- Spitfire - 02-19-2002

Welcome to the Dollhouse
Trees Lounge, The Search for One-Eyed Jimmy - if you're a Steve Buscemi fan, you have to see both of these movies!
American Pop - animated, from the makers of Fritz the Cat, traces music history in America through 4 generations of men

- IkeaBoy - 02-19-2002

Doc Wrote:Brain Donors
I loved this movie growing up. It was like a modern day remake of A Night at the Opera.

- BeckyDC - 02-19-2002

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me..by David Lynch. You know it's gotta be fucked up because Lynch is the man. Falls Under: Cult Classics. Smile

- GonzoStyle - 02-19-2002

Doc Wrote:Brain Donors

One of the best obscure comedies I've ever seen, it's in the same vein as Abbot and Costello or Three Stooges, but with a modern twist. It stars John Turturro and Bob Nelson.
That is a great fuckin comedy, John turturo was priceless playing the Groucho Marx type role. Ikea is right on the money it's like a modern day Marx Bros. film, not as great but really good.