CDIH
Arrogant Americans - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Arrogant Americans (/showthread.php?tid=5040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Keyser Soze - 01-23-2003

I read a comment today by Donald Rumsfeld after being told that France and Germany wish to wait a bit longer to see if Iraq can be disarmed diplomatically before going to war.

Rumsfeld commented
"Germany has been a problem and France has been a problem ... but you look at vast numbers of other countries in Europe, they're not with France and Germany on this. They're with the United States," and then he continued to say "You're thinking of Europe as Germany and France. I don't," he said. "I think that's old Europe. If you look at the entire NATO Europe today, the center of gravity is shifting to the east and there are a lot of new members."

How much more arrogant can you be? You are expecting countries to put the lives of their citizens on the line while you publically mock and disrespect them?

I'm constantly embarrassed to be an American because of the attitude and ineptitude of our leaders.

Do you think America is viewed as arrogrant by the rest of the world? Do you think this is cause for why there is such anti-American sentiment?

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2003

how is he being arrogant by saying the center of europe has shifted to the east? he isnt denigrating france or germany, just saying that thier influence in europe has lessened.

- OAS - 01-23-2003

When earthquakes rumble, and typhoons rage and the world is starving, nobody seems to care about our arrogance. That being said, this administration is alienating us from the rest of the world. If Dubya doesn't shut his mouth, Sharon and Arafat will start to sound reasonable. :crackhead:

He referred to them as a 'problem', why must the world always heel to our agenda on our terms on our timetable? Does the world revolve around America?

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2003

yes, it does. we have the most economic influence and the most destructive military force.

- Mad - 01-23-2003

President Washington said it best; "Friendship with all nations, tangled alliances with none."

and what happens when we are no longer the biggest threat? will we just be another iraq in the eyes of the rest of the world?

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2003

that is not in the forseeable futre so who cares

we seem to have tangled alliances with every nation

- Mad - 01-23-2003

And that is the problem. Fuck foreign aid and all the other crap. You see what happens when you get involved in other peoples shit?

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2003

pat buchanan has hacked MAD's account

- Mad - 01-23-2003

I'm not a NAZI, jew boy.

our alliance with israel is what got us in this whole mess.

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2003

david dukes just hacked keysers account

i support neither the palestinians nor the israeli's. they are both equally insane. stop killing each other and leave the rest of the world out of your petty dispute over a strip of sand.

- Mad - 01-23-2003

:thumbs-up:

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2003

Quote:i support neither the palestinians nor the israeli's. they are both equally insane. stop killing each other and leave the rest of the world out of your petty dispute over a strip of sand.
and that is the only reason that the US is involved with Israel? thats too simplistic by far.
notice how quickly the conversation went from Rumsfields comment on Europe to Jew bashing.

oh yeah, im a jew basher cause innocent people are being murdered over a petty dispute thats go on for far too long.

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2003

Quote:our alliance with israel is what got us in this whole mess.
code for "i hate the fucking jews"

rats, you figured me out.