CDIH
Do you hate your parents? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Do you hate your parents? (/showthread.php?tid=511)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 02-19-2002

I mean deep down inside. Do you really hate your parents? Many people say they do, but how can you? Is there anything that they could have done to you to make you despise the two people that gave you life?

I will go through times when they get on my every nerve, but I can never say that I hate them. They do everything they can to help and support me in my endeavors and I love them for it.

My real problem with them is that I think about things differently then they do and I can't seem to make them understand that. Take for instance, I HATE HOLIDAYS! But I still continue to partake in them (to a limited extent) for them. But I hate the emphasis they put on them. They just can't seem to understand my point of view on it. I figured after I was out of my teens, my parents would be a little more forgiving of my decisions, but no. I'm 27 and it still has not changed. Will it ever?

- fbd - 02-19-2002

personally, i have a great relationship with my parents.unlike most teenagers and their parents, we get along great, probably because my dad and i are cut from the same cloth.my mom i'm not as good with, but i still dont hate her

- Arpikarhu - 02-19-2002

the phrase i always liked was that you are not truly an adult until you forgive your parents. i am halfway there.

- BeckyDC - 02-19-2002

I don't hate them. They annoy me, yes, but I could never dislike them. When I lived at home, however, I hated them because they were THERE all the fuckin time..lol

- Galt - 02-19-2002

I've got nothing but great things to say about my parents. They worked their asses off at underpaying jobs, and still somehow found a way to pay for hocky, golf, laccrosse, soccer, baseball, figure skating (for my sister...like I'm teeing that one up), and pretty much any other sport we wanted to play. They sent three kids to top private colleges, and took us on vacations every year.

I have the epitome of nuclear family. My parents are still together (had their 33rd anniversary a few days ago) and whenever we all get together for the Holidays it's a blast. My entire family of parents, brothers, sister, spouses and significant others have always gotten along, and are very close.

We're all successful, and it's in great part due to my parents.

- Spitfire - 02-19-2002

Well...my mom and I kinda get along, but she always pisses me off with her guilt trips and her busy-body attitude...but she's a tough old lady from the South Bronx who never keeps her mouth shut, but she has been through a shitload in her life...she's a good person, the strongest person I know...I relate her to a cartoon character Smile

My father on the other hand, I guess hate is a strong word, but I probably should hate him...all the hell I went through as a kid dealing with his alcoholism and other shit...but now his brain is all fried from the damage he did to his body and he makes almost no sense when you talk to him...kinda sad, I guess I just feel bad for him...

But thank whoever that they're not my real parents...and I don't have to deal with their fucked up genes! I wish they would have gotten a divorce though, would have saved me soooooo many problems, they hate each other yet their still together...

<font color=white>

Edited By Spitfire on Feb. 19 2002 at 1:58

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-19-2002

Maynard Wrote:Is there anything that they could have done to you to make you despise the two people that gave you life?
I hate my parents. Not for petty bullshit that people hate their parents for....real reasons....but only people who I really trust know them.

- Keyser Soze - 02-19-2002

Galt Wrote:I've got nothing but great things to say about my parents. They worked their asses off at underpaying jobs, and still somehow found a way to pay for hocky, golf, laccrosse, soccer, baseball, figure skating (for my sister...like I'm teeing that one up), and pretty much any other sport we wanted to play. They sent three kids to top private colleges, and took us on vacations every year.

I have the epitome of nuclear family. My parents are still together (had their 33rd anniversary a few days ago) and whenever we all get together for the Holidays it's a blast. My entire family of parents, brothers, sister, spouses and significant others have always gotten along, and are very close.

We're all successful, and it's in great part due to my parents.

Sounds like my family, except for a real wicked twist thrown in at the end. Your parents are people like anyone else. When you understand they make mistakes just like anyone else you see them more like regular people and not just parents. The trick is to get them to see you like a regular person too and relate to them on that level and not just on the level of a son or daughter.

Quote:I hate my parents. Not for petty bullshit that people hate their parents for....real reasons....but only people who I really trust know them.

Even still, that didn't seem to quell enthusiasm for a marriage of your own.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 19 2002 at 2:16

- AdolescentMasturbator - 02-19-2002

My parents are great and I really don't have problems with them. My only complaint is that sometimes i WISH they would get a divorce. Jesus christ they're great people but they're at each other's throats constantly. Just get it done with already.

- Galt - 02-19-2002

I realize that Kesyer. I'm 26. I don't view them as Gods, but I'll also never view them as "buddies". I can't see myself talking about sex with them or even really feeling comfortable swearing in front of them. I'm just giving them their rightly deserved props.

- Keyser Soze - 02-19-2002

Galt Wrote:I realize that Kesyer. I'm 26. I don't view them as Gods, but I'll also never view them as "buddies". I can't see myself talking about sex with them or even really feeling comfortable swearing in front of them. I'm just giving them their rightly deserved props.
Well, I can pretty much talk to mine about anything, sex on an adult level of conversation, not in the sense "hey i got laid last night'.

As far as swearing, we don't have a problem with that.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-19-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Even still, that didn't seem to quell enthusiasm for a marriage of your own.
My parents suck....they deserve nothing less than to be left at the dog track to bake in the sun, but that doesn't mean that I've lost hope for myself. I know what I want and don't want in a relationship, and what I want to be as a parent. I will never allow my life to turn into my mother's, and I would NEVER marry a man like my father....therefore, I still live in the illusion that there is a happily ever after out there for me.

- Galt - 02-19-2002

Yeah, well Keyser that's becuase my parents are better than yours.

Edited By Galt on Feb. 19 2002 at 2:24

- Metalfan - 02-19-2002

I have no great love for my mother...she has done many things over the years that I often wonder why I still speak to her at all.

I did/still do love my father and miss him terribly. He was never "up to something" when we talked and I just enjoyed our conversations, whether it was the kids or fixing something in the house or on the car. One thing I will never forgive my mother for was beating him down and making him numb over so many years.....he could have done so much more, if she only shut the fuck up and let him test out some of his ideas.

- IkeaBoy - 02-19-2002

do I seem like the type of person who has issues with mother?

- LZMF1 - 02-19-2002

Maynard Wrote:My real problem with them is that I think about things differently then they do and I can't seem to make them understand that. Take for instance, I HATE HOLIDAYS! But I still continue to partake in them (to a limited extent) for them. But I hate the emphasis they put on them. They just can't seem to understand my point of view on it. I figured after I was out of my teens, my parents would be a little more forgiving of my decisions, but no. I'm 27 and it still has not changed. Will it ever?
holy fuck!!!!! maynard and i have something in common!!!!

my mother drives me in-fucking-sane and i've told her straight her face but it doesn't seem to sink in!!!!

i'm 30 years old, have a wife and a 4 month old daughter and i've threatened my mother by telling her that she'll never see my daughter or me again if she keeps up all the bullshit and she just doesn't seem to get it.

here's an example. this past holiday season i think to myself do i want to subject myself to the torture of going to my parents house on christmas eve or shall i have them come up here? now you gotta realize that i'm fucked no matter which way i choose. so like an asshole i say fuck it, i'll have the whole family come up here and treat them to an enjoyable and well planned evening.

they're notorious for being late so i give them a large window to arrive, anytime between 5:30 and 7:30. guess what time they showed up? 9 fucking 15!!!!! plus they didn't leave till roughly @ 3:30 am

rather than going on ranting my family makes me mental and there's absolutely nothing i can do to make the situation better.

my mother doesn't believe in compromise, it's her way or the highway. so i choose the highway. sometime this year or next year we plan on moving, i doubt that i'll tell my family where or when. it'll be like what verbal says about keyser soze in the usual suspects. "and poof, like that.....he's gone!"

Edited By LZMF1 on Feb. 19 2002 at 2:38

- Spitfire - 02-19-2002

Quote:sometimes i WISH they would get a divorce.
Isn't it odd to feel that way? When everyone else complains that their parents divorce cause so much trauma to them? Well, try living with two people whose only goal in life is to make each other as miserable as possible. My life would have been so much more calm and peaceful...and less traumatic

- Doc - 02-19-2002

You know what's wierd, I used to have issues with my parents, but I've noticed that as I get older, my relationship with them has changed. There are times when I go home and just talk to my mom the way I talk to any other person. We joke about things, make fun of my sister, and have a pretty good time. I know it sounds kind of pathetic, but my mom has actually become a good friend of mine recently.

One other thing though, I think many of us are destined to become our parents. I know one day I will walk past a mirror and say, "Hey Dad, what are you doing in my coat?"

- AdolescentMasturbator - 02-19-2002

Spitfire Wrote:Isn't it odd to feel that way? When everyone else complains that their parents divorce cause so much trauma to them? Well, try living with two people whose only goal in life is to make each other as miserable as possible. My life would have been so much more calm and peaceful...and less traumatic
The reason I want my parents to get a divorce because their lives will be MUCH happier. I'd rather not be a selfish bastard saying together for the kid.

- LZMF1 - 02-19-2002

AdolescentMasturbator Wrote:
Spitfire Wrote:Isn't it odd to feel that way? When everyone else complains that their parents divorce cause so much trauma to them? Well, try living with two people whose only goal in life is to make each other as miserable as possible. My life would have been so much more calm and peaceful...and less traumatic
The reason I want my parents to get a divorce because their lives will be MUCH happier. I'd rather not be a selfish bastard staying together for the kid.
i feel the same way about my parents but it'll never happen. my father who i actually get along with seems to be complacent and has just given in.

my parents have no reason to stay together, yet they still do. i'm the youngest of 4 brothers so they can't sat that they're staying together for the kids.

when my mother's friends all started getting divorced i was like "woooohooo!!!!! my mom has to do everything her stupid friends do so get ready because she's definitely gonna follow in their footsteps"

unfortunately, it didn't happen.