CDIH
New Batman movie, new director, new hope? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: New Batman movie, new director, new hope? (/showthread.php?tid=5110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- GonzoStyle - 01-29-2003

After the original Batman, which was a monster of a movie and a very good movie at that. There have been 3 pretty lame sequels.

Granted Michael Keaton was the best of the so far 3 modern Batmans. Yet what made the original Batman so great was the freshness first and foremost and Nicholson as the Joker. You always need a great villian, always.

There's a 5th Batman movie in the works, the director they've chosen is Chris Nolan the guy who directed Memento.

This isn't the batman vs. superman movie, this is a sequel to the other Batman movies.

Here's what Nolan had to say: "All I can say is that I grew up with Batman, I've been fascinated by him and I'm excited to contribute to the lore surrounding the character. He is the most credible and realistic of the superheroes, and has the most complex human psychology. His superhero qualities come from within. He's not a magical character. I had a fantastic experience with the studio on 'Insomnia,' and I'm keen to repeat that experience."

- fbd - 01-29-2003

who is batman?

- GonzoStyle - 01-29-2003

He's the superhero with no real super powers.

- Goatweed - 01-29-2003

if they make it a dark, serious movie it'll kick ass - if they go with the cartoonish in-your-face comic book movie, it'll suck worse than the other sequels did. Any idea who might wear the Bat Suit?

- fbd - 01-29-2003

allow me to clarify.

who plays batman?

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

... Bruce Wayne, like DUH!!

- Arthur Dent - 01-29-2003

One villain and ONE villain only please. Learn the lesson of Spiderman and the first Batman movie. ONLY DO ONE VILLAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'd recommend the Scarecrow. Genious psychiatrist who uses mindaltering terror drugs to paralyze his victims with fear. :thumbs-up:

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

I don't think they should do any more villians.... Once you get past the main archenemy, everyone else just looks weak... Look at He-man... once you beat Skelator, who's gonna fuck with you? Beast Man? Hordak? C'mon...

- fbd - 01-29-2003

Quote:Look at He-man... once you beat Skelator, who's gonna fuck with you? Beast Man? Hordak? C'mon...
gi joe worked fine with out cobra commander, though. serpentor and golobulus were bad asses

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

... GI Joe was no superhero...plus he was paid to stop evil...

- fbd - 01-29-2003

the joes were just as super as batman. crazy gadgets, hordes of villans, no super powers. i see no difference

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

...the difference is that they were employees of the US military... their job was to destroy evil... Batman did it for a much greater purpose...

- fbd - 01-29-2003

what greater purpose? he was an idiot. he went around, stoping crime, and got nothing out of it. he was a psycho in a leather suit

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

.... you could say the same about Superman.... he could have spent all his skills on getting pussy, but what does he do? He stops crime and goes and gets married...

... Batman was a superhero not because he had superpowers, but because he was about doing super-good....

- fbd - 01-29-2003

once again...the joes did super good. if not for them, we'd all be part snake and be ruled by a guy who wears a mirrored mask and hisses when he talks

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

.... BUT THEY WERE PAID TO DO SUPERGOOD!!! IT WAS THEIR JOB!!! You can't be paid to be a hero....

- Arpikarhu - 01-29-2003

Quote:You can't be paid to be a hero....
tell that to a fireman. GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND THAT I LOVE.....................

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

... a paid firefighter does not fit my definition of hero...

- fbd - 01-29-2003

remind me to light jay's house on fire

- The Jays - 01-29-2003

... and I'll be waiting for the firemen that I pay for to show up and put it out...