CDIH
America's Army - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: America's Army (/showthread.php?tid=5162)

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 01-31-2003

Has anyone tried this game? I played it for the first time last night. I saw a review for it in PC Gamer and they said it's comparable to most $50 shooters. I enjoyed it and was wondering what everyone else thought of it.

- Goatweed - 01-31-2003

I still have the original (v 1.00), but I haven't played it in a while. I like it, but at the time there weren't many servers and I had difficulty connecting with a decent ping, so I kinda left it for a while (from what I've heard, connectivity and ping issues have been resolved since). It is a great game though, definitely on par with any of the other war-type FPS's that are out, if not better than them.

FTL plays it regularly, he's probably be able to give a better review. One of these day's I'll get back into it.

- Hybrid - 01-31-2003

yea prepare for a full review, strategy guide, and step by step breakdown of the game when ftl finds this thread.

- LyricalGomez - 01-31-2003

It's good, but it still can't compare to the realism (the goofy heartbeat sensor aside) of the Rainbow 6 games.

- QuickStop - 01-31-2003

i have it. its super realistic, which can be frustrating at times with the whole one shot, your dead thing. but its a good game definately

- SYNTuesday - 01-31-2003

Whoa, i just got a hankering to download it... while I'm waiting for the install, I figure I'll go see what's happening on CDIH. ... and I just watched Final Destination (good movie, btw), so now I'm scared.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-03-2003

I'm really enjoying it...I got into sniper school and I got my clearence to use those guns...next on my list is to start ranger school...the missions are so much fun sometimes...perhaps a CDIH group can play this too??? If anyone is interested IM me...

- FollowThisLogic - 02-03-2003

Quote:yea prepare for a full review, strategy guide, and step by step breakdown of the game when ftl finds this thread.
:rofl:

Yeah, I do play it a lot, and strangely enough I usually stick to just one map - Bridge. I do like the realism a lot, and I really like that communication with your teammates is crucial.... it gives the game more depth.

IM (or PM) me, maybe we can play sometime...

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-03-2003

Bridge is such a great map. I really like that one and the POW rescue. I've got a bunch I haven't played but those are my favorites as of now...

- Goatweed - 02-03-2003

Ok, since this game came back as topical I decided to start playing it again - it turns out my name is no longer valid? Anyway, rather than upgrade to the newest version I decided to uninstall the original one (whoch wasn't working anyway), I downloaded the newest one (!.5) and proceeded to begin anew with a new name - but it still isn't working! I start the game, I go to register my handle (which opens up a separate browser window) and when I punch in the name, it just sits there - if I refresh it, it says "that name is already in use". Now, I did this a few times with a few different names and I got the same result - hanging, then telling me the name is taken. Has this happened to anyone else?

As for the names, I've used names that I seriously doubt anyone else has, basically iterations of goatweed - i.e., I used CDIHGoatWeed, GoatWeedCDIH, etc.

Any suggestions?

I take it you also never got the authorization email?

- Goatweed - 02-03-2003

that is correct, sir - I have the old one with my old name, but as I said it no longer works for whatever reason.

OK - hopefully Goatweed got his stuff solved (we'll find out when he gets home tonight). Yo Tomato Boy :-D , what's your name in the game? Should we start renaming our accounts to include [CDIH] on the front?

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-04-2003

I'll put CDIH in front...if I'm ont the only one that is...[MxO]Matrix for now...I had a hella good time last night playin with you FTL...all you socomer s should come over to this game

- FollowThisLogic - 02-04-2003

Yeah, I'll switch to [CDIH]FollowThisLogic (or FTL if it won't fit). I know Goatweed is in. We need more!
Edit: Bastards. 20 character limit, I needed 21. [CDIH]FTL it is.

Edited By FollowThisLogic on 1044351456

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-04-2003

I switched to [CDIH]Matrix...SOCOM PLAYERS SHOULD DEFECT TO AA!

- Mad - 02-04-2003

Quote:SOCOM PLAYERS SHOULD DEFECT TO AA!

I'll cut your tongue out. SOCOM rules, Infidel.