CDIH
Daredevil - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Daredevil (/showthread.php?tid=5202)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Teenweek - 02-03-2003

Anyone looking forward to this movie? Michael Clarke Duncan is Kingpin and Colin Farell is Bullseye and Jennifer Garner who looks hot as Hell in the trailer as Elektra. I think it will be good and will probably do real well.

- Arpikarhu - 02-03-2003

ben affleck is gay and wears a hairpiece.

- LyricalGomez - 02-03-2003

It's gonna suck

- Teenweek - 02-03-2003

Doesnt she make it at least worth watching.

[Image: january03e.jpg]

- Arpikarhu - 02-03-2003

it is going to blow chunks

- Ronin - 02-03-2003

Duncan is a good actor. Afflack is guy-plower.

A red x does nothing for me

- Goatweed - 02-03-2003

I have a bad feeling about this movie as well. I was never big on the comic book to begin with, and I hear there were many liberties taken with the script in regards to the Daredevil character, as well as Elektra. I'll probably wait to see it on PPV.

Spider-man worked because they invested time, this is a piece of shit they slapped together quickly to cash in on a "supposed" comic book turned movie craze

- Arpikarhu - 02-03-2003

the hulk is gonna be even worse

- Teenweek - 02-03-2003

Quote:A red x does nothing for me

[Image: Letter%20X.jpg]

This doesn't make you want to jack it.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-03-2003

you have the worst sense of humor, ever, EVER

- Arpikarhu - 02-03-2003

you are not fit to judge that.

- Goatweed - 02-03-2003

Here are a few quicktime clips I found - they're all kinda large (7 - 12 megs) so anyone with dialup better have some patience.

Glass Fight

Beautiful

Justice

edit - the html was fucked - I think I got it now.

Edited By goatweed on 1044300533

- The Sleeper - 02-03-2003

i don't get comic book based movies. you know the hero is gonna win, and he's gonna get the girl and blah blah blah where's the suspense?

Unlike other action movies where the heroes always lose?

- The Sleeper - 02-03-2003

yea not a big fan of those either. unless they are really well made.

The movie is going to suck, it's going to be a few flashy effects with some boring lovestory nobody cares about thrown in for good measure.

- Goatweed - 02-03-2003

With comic-book movies, I think the lure is seeing these characters brought to life more than it is seeing them win in the end. Take LOTR as an example (I know it's not a comic book, but it's literature and comics are essentially literary works) - Tolkien fans know how the trilogy starts and ends, yet they flock to the theaters too see the story come to life. In most cases, movies made from books suck but sometimes you get lucky and you watch a film that either embodies the literature or presents it in a way that you might not have expected it to, giving you another way to appreciate the story.

I'm by no means trying to compare Daredevil to LOTR - I personally think this movie is gonna suck, and not just because Affleck is in it. I used to be big into comics, but Daredevil never really appealed to me, or to many others from what I remember - so I don't see the draw this character has today.

- Teenweek - 02-03-2003

i like all the characters are good but affleck. Colin farell is awesome, michael clarke duncan looks really good and jennifer garner looks hot as Hell. Affleck was really good in changing lanes so he can't fuck it up that mcuh.