CDIH
Fantasy baseball hot stove talk - Want to play with us? post here. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fantasy baseball hot stove talk - Want to play with us? post here. (/showthread.php?tid=530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Keyser Soze - 02-20-2002

Well pitchers and catchers have met, and i'm still wondering if Gaynerd was pitching or was it Ikeaboy. I mean they're both bitches so I always had them pegged as catchers. But I digress.

We here at CDIH will be starting our 2002 Fantasy Baseball League and we need your input.

We would like to find out your feelings on the following issues...

1) Which service do you prefer? ( i dig Yahoo )
2) Rotisserie or Head to Head? ( i dig H2H , more active, more fun)
3) Keeper league? ( keep players every year, get new ones thru trade or FA )
4) What stats do we count?

Share your thoughts on those issues and feel free to add your own to the list.

I look forward to beating all your asses into a bloody pulp as my scrappy band of Souptown Cageblasters march to victory in 2002.

and now the obligitory....

PLAY BALL!

- NaughtyAngel - 02-20-2002

yahoo
head to head
yup yup

my teams suck every year so you will be kicking my ass i know that

- Maynard - 02-20-2002

Yahoo has a good service.
Head to head is fun.

- GonzoStyle - 02-20-2002

I use yahoo for my basketball fantasy league and it's actually better than i expected.

Head to Head is better cause it's more competetive as you said.

As far as stats, do you mean team, individual, pitching, offense?

- Arpikarhu - 02-20-2002

fuck online rotisserie. a group of us get together and do an auction and use a stat service. much more fun when you know everyone and can call for trades

- Maynard - 02-20-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:fuck online rotisserie. a group of us get together and do an auction and use a stat service. much more fun when you know everyone and can call for trades
IM's work the same as the phone. GW ran the oa.com football league on yahoo, and the im's worked out fine.

- Arpikarhu - 02-20-2002

Maynard Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:fuck online rotisserie. a group of us get together and do an auction and use a stat service. much more fun when you know everyone and can call for trades
IM's work the same as the phone. GW ran the oa.com football league on yahoo, and the im's worked out fine.
even with an auction?

- Maynard - 02-20-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:even with an auction?
Actually, it did the auto draft. Then we just made trades from there. The football let you rank before the draft. I don't know if the baseball works the same.

- Spitfire - 02-20-2002

Count me in :thumbs-up: Yahoo, head to head, although I'll play rotisserie too...the other stuff doesn't matter, although I did like the way the football league was run with the draft...

- Faceman - 02-20-2002

Is it a conflict of interest to start an oa.com baseball league and be a part of the cdih league? :roflmao:

Any league thats worth its weight has a live draft. auto sucks and doesn't give any leeway to get those sleeper picks in the 17th round that help your team win the league.

- Arpikarhu - 02-20-2002

i am interested but not with an auto-draft.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-20-2002

I'm interested...I've played fantasy baseball only with Smallworld (it was free) so I don't really know the way trades work, etc. but I want to play.

- The Sleeper - 02-20-2002

Yahoo is great for fantasy baseball. Head-to-Head better than Rottiserrie. I'll play if there is a live draft.

- Galt - 02-20-2002

Ok, I am definately in.

Draft must be live if at all. Auction leagues kick complete ass, but you'd really have to have it in person. Which wouldn't be a problem for you guys, but I'd have to bail on that.

Scoring. Typical 5x5 scoring is the best (runs, RBI, HR, Steals, AVG/W, S, ERA, WHIP, K).

Keeper leagues are the best, but they really only work in increasing interest if it's an auction league. The cool thing about keeper leagues is that near the end of the year, people who have no chance of winning will trade away their great expensive players for good cheaper players (Like someone trading Vlad Guerrerro and AROD for Pujols and Berkman) in order to stack their lineup with cheap salary for next year. With a draft, there would be no reason to make some of those trades becuase how much they make wouldn't come into effect.

I've got nothing bad to say about Yahoo. They usually have a good site.

I've neve done H2H except in football. Baseball has always been roto. Wouldn't matter to me.

- Arpikarhu - 02-20-2002

it would be better if there arent alot of us to do either nl or al.
otherwise everyone gets a team of stars and baseball knowledge becomes moot

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-20-2002

Could someone either post a link to a site with rules and explanations or just explain the differences here? Thanks.

- Snoteater - 02-20-2002

I'm in. Auto draft sucks. Live is much better. I like the inperson draft. It's more gooder.

- Keyser Soze - 02-20-2002

Polly, throw out any specific questions you might have.

Looks like we are leaning towards a live draft. I'm down with that as long as everyone can be available for that day. It can be either phone, chatroom, or in person. I think it would likely be cheapest and most convienient to do it via chatroom. Let me know your feelings on that.

Great to see all this interest. Keep the ideas and opinions coming.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-21-2002

Live draft would be all of us involved drafting players (obviously) but how is it decided who gets first pick, etc.?

Whats the difference between head to head and the other thing?

How much does this cost?

Besides the draft, how often do we all need to be online at the same time?

Thanks.

- Keyser Soze - 02-21-2002

Quote:Live draft would be all of us involved drafting players (obviously) but how is it decided who gets first pick, etc.?

Randomly. With Yahoo, you hit a button and the people are randomly put in order. The draft then proceeds like this...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

So the person who gets the 10th pick goes twice in a row. Its not neccessarily a bad thing to not get first pick because 1st pick has to wait quite awhile until they can pick again!

Quote:Whats the difference between head to head and the other thing?

Head to Head pits two teams against each other each week. They get 1 point for each stat category they win. The team that is winning the most categories at the end of the week wins that week. Rotisserie style you get points for how high you rank among the other teams in your league so if you have the most home runs in a 10 team league you get 10 points. There is no head to head competition each week, its more about trying to be on top at the end.

Quote:How much does this cost?

In most cases free. The only way it would cost us anything would be if we decided to play for cash. Everyone would pay for a team and the winners split the pot, usually you would have first place get most of the cash and 2nd and 3rd get smaller shares.

Quote:Besides the draft, how often do we all need to be online at the same time?

Never again after that. If you want to propose trades you can do so via email or IM or if you want you can exchange phone numbers.