CDIH
Tyson fight on, off, on, off, on, off.. wait.. - Watch tyson self destruct... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyson fight on, off, on, off, on, off.. wait.. - Watch tyson self destruct... (/showthread.php?tid=5328)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 02-19-2003

The answer to whether the Tyson Vs. Ettiene fight is still on for this saturday is surrounded by more doubt that the impending war.

It's been called off, then put back on, then tyson pulled out again, then he said he was ready, now ettiene says he is pulling out of the fight.

Showtime has no clue what to do at this point.There is obviously something wrong with tyson, the question as to if he is faking illness is up in the air. A lot of his friends and his trainer say that he was very ill with the flu and a bad back, which caused him to miss training camp for the last week and a half.

I am leaning towards the fact that he was probably sick because he said along with a lot of others that he was training hard for this fight. He looked to be in tremendous shape 2 weeks ago when he did an interview. He looked to be 10 times better than he did for the lewis fight, he was a good 10-15 pounds lighter and much more ripped and focused.

Then again the whole tatoo thing kinda throws a wrench into the works. A week after the interview he gets the tatoo and that says that he is back to not caring about boxing again. Will the tat start to bleed when he gets punched in the face? Especially since it is on the left side of his face and ettience is a conventional fighter.

I have a bad feeling, either tyson comes in focused but under trained and not at 100% since he was sick. Or he comes in unfocused and uncaring looking for a one punch KO against a man with a suspect chin who fought to a Draw with Francios Botha in his last fight.

Either way Tyson is not at 100% he can't be.

His opponent is also up in the air. While ettiene is not the best opponent and has a very suspect chin, he does have a good punch and solid ring work. But ettiene says he isn't going to fight at tysons whim, when he wants or doesn't want, he said there is no way he is fighting this saturday. Then again Showtime can apply the pressure on him and make him fight. Or they can scrounge up some last minute opponent and then the fight is a waste of time.

It's definetly growing to be a morbidly curious event, which seems to be everything tyson does for the last decade.

- Teenweek - 02-19-2003

I'm pissed I don't have Showtime for this fight. Watching this fight will be a total train wreck and might be the end of Tyson's career. If he loses to Etienne or whoever steps in, his career is over. Thats a far cry from going 8 rounds with Lennox Lewis.

It's amazing before the Buster Douglas fight Tyson was right up there and being compared by boxing analysts with Joe Louis, Muhammed Ali, and Rocky Marciano as the greatest fighter of all time, or at least almost as unstoppable. Now all he has become is a freak. The only reason to watch is to see him self destruct. It is so sad to see one of the best punchers at least in my lifetime be a total shell of himself. I would not be shocked in the least to find out by the end of the year that Tyson killed himself or got killed.

It started with Cus Damato dying, his trainers leaving him, that cunt Robin Givens and her mother drugging him and parading him on national tv all emasculated, Don King fleecing him of most of his money, his thug trainers, his rape conviction, his biting of Holyfields ear. His story is a real sad story.

His trainers didn't leave, he fired them all after Cus died.

When Cus died it all went downhill, his final shining moment was the spinks fight. After which he fired his trainer Kevin Rooney, who still is the only man who could ever handle tyson as a trainer. Rooney knew tyson since he was a kid when Cus adopted him.

Tyson had greatness in his hands, he coulda been in the top 5 or even 3 of all times. Now he is basically in the realm of Sonny Liston, he is Liston almost to a T. Liston was tysons size, Liston also served time. Liston made his career off beating a smaller man who wasn't a true heavyweight in Floyd Patterson, as did Tyson against Michael Spinks. While Spinks and Patterson are legends, they were smallish heavyweights.

Liston also seemed indestructable, with a punch not seem since the days of Dempsy. Listin used to rip the stitching off the punching bag when he hit it and tear it apart.

Liston then lost to a champion comparable to Holyfield (atleast inside the ring) when Liston was TKO'ed by Cassius Clay (Muhammed Ali). Then in the rematch Liston was beaten even worse by Ali, just like Tyson was in the Holyfield rematch.

Liston never had the charisma of a tyson but he had his aura. Liston died mysteriously some belive he commited suicide, others say he was killed by the mob. Listons body lay dead in his bedroom for a whole week before it was found.

Tysons story isn't one with a happy ending.

Ok ettiene says he is back in, for now.

Both Tyson and Ettiene will appear at a press conference tommorow as well as a weigh in later that day... atleast for now.

- Teenweek - 02-19-2003

I bet what was posted here before gonzo edited it woulda been a laugh riot on wackbag, then again any activity is a landmark event there.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-19-2003

Rolleyes

- Teenweek - 02-19-2003

is :lookatme:

That's worse than ladi's joke in the other tyson thread.

- Teenweek - 02-19-2003

gonzo can you change what i said to make it more funny and anti whackbag

- Teenweek - 02-19-2003

Quote:I bet what was posted here before gonzo edited it woulda been a laugh riot on wackbag, then again any activity is a landmark event there.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

you sicken me, FREAK!!!!

- GonzoStyle - 02-20-2003

Tyson and Etteiene press conference will be on ESPN at noon today I believe.

- GonzoStyle - 02-20-2003

The tatoo didn't look all that bad in person.

But Tyson said that it wasn't even half way completed, "too many people were complaining so I stopped the work on it".

Ettiene tried to come off confident but the fear was very visible. Tyson was pretty lucid and calm, the only time he looked like he was gonna lose it was when a reporter called his son a little girl instead of a boy. I think Finkel was behind the strategy of Tyson bringing his newborn son to the conference, it kept Tyson calm as a kitten.

EDIT -

The weigh in just took place at 6TongueM.

Tyson looked awesome, he weighed in at 225 which is his prime fighting weight. It's 10 pounds lighter than the lewis fight and 15 pounds lighter than the neilsen fight. Ettiene weighed in at 222 pounds but looked a tad flabby in the belly even though he is 4 inches taller than tyson and weighed less.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-23-2003

:bow:

- QuickStop - 02-23-2003

well....that was quick. i thought it was odd how ettienne managed to remove his mouthpiece after he had fallen to the ground.

you do weird things when your brain suffers a sudden bashing from a large strong black man, or so it appears

- QuickStop - 02-23-2003

i think his jaw almost fell off

Quote:spinal

- QuickStop - 02-23-2003

that fucking cracked me up. he couldn't do a sit up, but he can fight now, and he has no idea why this is so. classic

- Arpikarhu - 02-23-2003

it was the joke i expected it to be