CDIH
This Weekend at the Movies - David Gale, Dark Blue, Gods and Generals - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: This Weekend at the Movies - David Gale, Dark Blue, Gods and Generals (/showthread.php?tid=5345)

Pages: 1 2

- Teenweek - 02-20-2003

This looks like a pretty good weekend to go to the movies.

You have Life of David Gale with Kevin Spacey who is on death row for a crime he did not commit and Kate Winslet who is trying to save him.

You have Dark Blue with Kurt Russell as a corrupt cop and Ving Rhames in a thriller about police corruption and intimidation tactics set days before the acquittal of 4 cops in the Rodney King trial.

And Gods and Generals a 3 and half hour movie about the civil war with Robert Duvall.

- LyricalGomez - 02-20-2003

I was looking forward to Gods and Generals, but it's getting awful reviews everywhere I've looked

- Teenweek - 02-20-2003

the other 2 look good though. gods and generals is actually my 3rd choice. too long. probably wait until the dvd.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-20-2003

:lol:

- Keyser Soze - 02-20-2003

David Gale looks great. I'm a big Spacey fan, and Winslet is looking hot with her new figure.

- LyricalGomez - 02-20-2003

Quote: :lol:

It looked good on the poster Undecided

- The Sleeper - 02-20-2003

fuckin Gomez beat me by 20 minutes!!

- Teenweek - 02-22-2003

David Gale sucks. Don't waste your money on this trash.

- Galt - 02-22-2003

If you don't see the new Will Farrell movie, you support terrorism

- Keyser Soze - 02-22-2003

I so want to see Old School

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-22-2003

watched it last week, fucking hilarious movie

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-22-2003

Quote:David Gale sucks. Don't waste your money on this trash.
I saw it last night and thought it was amazing... Why didn't you like it?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-22-2003

because he is retarded

- The Jays - 02-22-2003

.... If you don't see Old School, you'll make baby Jesus cry...

- LyricalGomez - 02-23-2003

You should thank the kindly people at the ticket counter for letting you see the masterpiece that is Old School

- Teenweek - 02-23-2003

Pollyanna I did not like it because <!-- spoilerKillit --><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#000000" size="1">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):</font>
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#ffffff" size="1"><!-- spoilerKillitEnd --><!--txtStart-->I thought the whole she committed suicide thing was awful. I knew that college girl was going to accuse him of rape of also. The very beginning of the movie you see her running with a tape so you know it has something to do to exonerate him. I did not like it was so anti death penalty even for the woman who was a copkiller.[/spoiler] It was very dissapointing. Could they be making fun of Bush anymore with the Texas governor who loves the death penalty. The movie felt too preachy and really delivered not that much.[spoiler]<!--txtEnd--><!-- spoilerKillit --></td></tr></table><!-- spoilerKillitEnd -->

Edited By Teenweek on 1045962335

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-23-2003

or you could not give away important parts of the movie....

and doucherag, texas has been executing people, even before bush was governor :thumbs-up:

- LyricalGomez - 02-23-2003

Some of us still wanted to see the movie

Thanks alot

- Teenweek - 02-23-2003

sorry whack, just learned how to use spoiler. i read reviews on it and the governor was suppossed to be a caricature of Bush as Governor.

- Teenweek - 02-23-2003

Sorry guys. I really am.