CDIH
Message boards you posted on before oa.com/cdih - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Message boards you posted on before oa.com/cdih (/showthread.php?tid=5446)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- The Sleeper - 03-04-2003

This is an amazing topic so please reply to it.

My first message board was back when i was like 11 or 12 and I had compuserve, I would post on the NBA forums. I remember posting about how Jerry Stackhouse is gonna be huge. Then when I got AOL, I would lurk on the movie and Seinfeld forums. They were really exciting! And when I was applying for college I lurked and occasionally posted anonymously on the Princeton Review forums, which gave me my first introduction to internet attention whores.

- Buttmunch - 03-04-2003

It's all about the <table style=filter:glow(color=Green)>OTL!!!111!</table> baby!

OTL came before OA.com?

- Buttmunch - 03-04-2003

Piss off!

I'm not going to blindly follow the rules you impose on me, just so I can be given the fortune to post in your thread.

Jeez.

Power hungry freak!

- Weird NJ - 03-04-2003

Andy Gadiel's Phish Page Message Board. It no longer exists. Undecided

Quote:Piss off!
I thought only old people said that...oh wait

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 03-04-2003

the hellhole... Confuseduicide:

- Sir O - 03-04-2003

Prodigy message boards, mostly the sports and music boards, back in the early 90's. Those boards sucked, you had to wait a day for your post to go up cause they screened everything for offensive language and such.

Then around 92 I got usenet access, and posted a lot in the newsgroups, mostly rec.sport.pro-wrestling, rec.sport.baseball, and alt.music.rush. And alt.binaries.pictures.* was cool, back when a 35k jpg file took 5 minutes to download...

- Buttmunch - 03-04-2003

I used to like the AOL chatroom, St.Louis GBSM4BWHMDom.

- Jack - 03-04-2003

IGN Game forums. :-(

- Keyser Soze - 03-04-2003

ynotmasters.com
webmasters.netpond.com
New York Mets ESPN Board

never was really into message boards besides those before OA.com, I was more of a chat person, message boards moved too slow for me. i need instant feedback and interaction. I was more active on IRC and AOL chat before those boards I previously mentioned and then later on OA.com

- Suzie - 03-04-2003

NewsRadio, Young & Restless, Bold & Beautiful

- JimmyBlueEyes - 03-04-2003

I didn't post anywhere...Like Keyser I lived in IRC chatrooms.

- Goatweed - 03-04-2003

dvdtalk.com
hometheaterforum.com
hometheaterspot.com

I never really got into message boards until I saw oa.com. Most times I would lurk the above forums to research home theater/dvd stuff (coupons, hardware reviews, etc.) I got tons of movies for practically free (back when e-tailers gave out coupons like hookers give out crabs). Good times :thumbs-up:

- Danked - 03-04-2003

When I first discovered teh intraweb it was back in 1997 or so, I was on a Kerouac newsgroup which was way boring. Interesting at times, but for the most part boring old bookworms who chatted about their boring old lives. Posted for about 2 years on various Phish message boards. One was at Gadiel's and the other was the Honey Comb Hideout which was where all us elitists that hated the newbies on the other board hung out. We floated from server to server for a while like a covert operation cause we were such elitist potheads. Parties there were fun.

- Weird NJ - 03-04-2003

Yes. When the parties were always drug parties.

This is not as exciting a topic as I originally imagined it to be

- drusilla - 03-04-2003

i was on the alt.music beastie boys group. i so forget about that board. i don't think i've checked it in months. cause it sucks.

- Hey Ladi - 03-04-2003

none, oa.com was the first .... then STm, then here

I bet Gonzo posted on alt.binaries.eggplant-lovers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Undecided