CDIH
Sequels and prequels - And all that shit - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sequels and prequels - And all that shit (/showthread.php?tid=552)

Pages: 1 2

- IkeaBoy - 02-22-2002

what are some of the sequels or prequels you've heard about, not necessarily looking forward to?

* Exorcist 4:1- Liam Neeson plays a young Max Von Sydow in his first adventure fighting a devil. Ryan Philipe is his sidekick. Greatest scene is when the devil threatens to eat his soul if he doesn't play the greatest song in the world.
* Indiana Jones 4- it's definitely a go, unfortunately. is there any way this can be good. why can't they let this die?
* Terminator 3- according to AICN and this 24 year old hot blonde model is the female Terminator. movie will still suck though but I thikn they casted eD norton as an older ed furlong.
* Red Dragon- prequel to Silence, remake of Manhunter. Norton as the guy from CSI role (bad choice he's a great actor but he doesn't seem write for the role). Hopkins is once again playing Lecter and is being computer de-aged. Once again, probably going to suck.

- Danked - 02-22-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:Greatest scene is when the devil threatens to eat his soul if he doesn't play the greatest song in the world.
That's not the greatest scene in the movie, that's only a tribute. Confusedpits:

And the devil better fucking kill Ryan Phillipe in the first fucking five minutes of the movie or it's not worth seeing....

Edited By Danked on Feb. 22 2002 at 01:01

- Faceman - 02-22-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:Greatest scene is when the devil threatens to eat his soul if he doesn't play the greatest song in the world.
So the guy plays "If I had a million dollars" right???

Edited By Faceman on Feb. 22 2002 at 12:37

- Galt - 02-22-2002

American Psycho 2. Nuff said.

I might protest outside the theatre, then kill people.

- IkeaBoy - 02-22-2002

Galt Wrote:American Psycho 2. Nuff said.
last I heard that's straight to video but yeah, it's worth killing the people who made it. especially with no Bateman but still having him part of the movie

- LZMF1 - 02-22-2002

Galt Wrote:American Psycho 2. Nuff said.

I might protest outside the theatre, then kill people.
american psycho---> that's about the only movie that was better than the book itself.

the book was so verbose and went into such detail during eplanations of what someone was wearing that it made me want to rip my hair out with a pair of vise-grips. it was torturous to read.

i'd definitely look forward to seeing a sequel.

Edited By LZMF1 on Feb. 22 2002 at 09:15

- IkeaBoy - 02-22-2002

LZMF1 Wrote:i'd definitely look forward to seeing a sequel.
the story focuses on a girl who's the only Bateman survivor who grows up, goes to college and kills people so she can become a TA.

do you really want to see it?

- LZMF1 - 02-22-2002

if you're for real, hell yeah.

- Galt - 02-22-2002

While I think you are 100% correct that the movie was much better than the book, I feel you are 100% wrong in your assessment in potential of this movie.

I don't know if I hate you.

Christian Bale made that movie. It was phemonenal becuase of him. It was a crime that he didn't get nominated for an Oscar during that pisspoor year of movies.

American Psycho - Bateman = sucky.

Edited By Galt on Feb. 22 2002 at 1:19

- GonzoStyle - 02-22-2002

Sequel I am most looking forward to is

M.I.B 2, nuff fuckin said.

- IkeaBoy - 02-22-2002

LZMF1 Wrote:if you're for real, hell yeah.
Regarding AP2:
I really enjoyed the novel and while I thought it was better than the movie since you got more into Bateman, I actually liked the chronology of the movie better. I thought that the timeline of the movie worked more gooder including placement of monologues and the phone call to lawyer--> Harry's bar. But a lot of the movie itself came from Ellis' phenomenol book.
I won't say that it was only Bale who made the movie since of the source material but Bale himself was phenomenol and he should have been nominated for best actor. Bateman better, darker, and more interesting than either Castaway Guy or Maximus. American Psycho as a whole was an intelligent, comical satire that's also very enjoyable to watch. As for AP2, while I won't take Mila Kunis' hotness away (she's playing the psycho), there is no way this movie can work. You don't have the brilliant backing, you have a dead Bateman, you don't have the satire or wit that made the first work so well and what you'll have is a campy slasher whoring out the name of American Psycho.

MIB2: I saw the trailer and odds are I will see it. Tommy Lee Jones is the man.

- Arthur Dent - 02-25-2002

And no mention of:

Analyze That (sequel to Analyze This)
Stuart Little 2
LOTR: The Two Towers
SW Ep.2 : Attack of the Clones
Blade 2
X-Men 2 (now in pre-production)
Batman: Year 1
Catwoman
Batman Beyond (Live action)
Batman (next in the increasingly bad series.)
Jason X
Jason vs. Freddy
Aliens vs. Predator (new rumors this might actually get made)
Aliens 5 (why?)
Jungle Book 2

And lots more. Welcome to the Year of the Sequel (scheduled to be continued in Year of the Sequel 2 coming next year.)

- IkeaBoy - 02-27-2002

The Batman Beyond movie is defunct- it's just unfeasible to do.

And though these aren't sequel/prequels, these are remakes which I guess could count:

A Michael Bay remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE.

And an all-CGI blood remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD.

- AFDude - 02-27-2002

Quote:Jason vs. Freddy

Along with "Analyze That" I highly doubt they'd even make...

- IkeaBoy - 02-27-2002

AFDude Wrote:
Quote:Jason vs. Freddy

Along with "Analyze That" I highly doubt they'd even make...
Jason V Freddy has a small chance of being made.
Analyze That is being casted, has a full script, and they are starting shooting in a few months

- AFDude - 02-27-2002

Quote:Analyze That is being casted, has a full script, and they are starting shooting in a few months
Are Crystal and DeNiro going to be in the sequel?

- IkeaBoy - 02-27-2002

AFDude Wrote:Are Crystal and DeNiro going to be in the sequel?
of course

- Rape Fantasizer - 02-28-2002

I normally don't mind sequels, but what bothers me is seeing a really good movie, and they ruin the ending by making it absolutely necessary to have a sequel. I don't mean the movies that are parts in an already written story. I mean original movies that could be good if they stayed as one movie.

- IkeaBoy - 03-01-2002

Miramax is, oh dear God why, remaking Akira Kurosawa's classic film THE SEVEN SAMURAI, which was remade as the great The Magnificent Seven.
Quote:'Samurai' Unleashed Again
By Jonathan Bing

NEW YORK (Variety) - Miramax Films and MGM will co-produce a contemporary retelling of Akira Kurosawa's classic saga of dueling Japanese warlords, "The Seven Samurai." One of the Japanese auteur's most influential films, "Seven Samurai" first got the Hollywood treatment in 1960 when John Sturges remade the picture as a Western, "The Magnificent Seven," with an all-star cast, including Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach, Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson.

In the Kurosawa picture, which was nominated for two Oscars (news - web sites), a poor village besieged by marauding bandits hires seven samurai warriors to defend them, offering only handfuls of rice as payment.

Miramax Films co-chairman Harvey Weinstein described "Seven Samurai" as "the mother of all 'guys on a mission' movies."

MGM and Miramax haven't yet determined whether the remake will be set in Asia, the West, or some other contemporary context. MGM will distribute domestically, while Miramax will handle its international release.

- Arpikarhu - 03-01-2002

Quote:the book was so verbose and went into such detail during eplanations of what someone was wearing that it made me want to rip my hair out with a pair of vise-grips. it was torturous to read.
that was the whole point! people like you should stick to comic books and the post.you dont deserve to read.