CDIH
Buying or Renting - Home Sweet Home - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Buying or Renting - Home Sweet Home (/showthread.php?tid=5665)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Hey Ladi - 03-18-2003

Some of you own, some of you rent, some of you live at home ... Which do you think is the better option?

Buy ... you own it & may get a return on your money ...

Rent ... you don't have to maintain it, no large down payment ...

- Arpikarhu - 03-18-2003

if you dont know the answer to this question you should just be silent. tis better to be silent and have people think you are a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

- Ken'sPen - 03-18-2003

Alex Reager.

- LyricalGomez - 03-18-2003

Quote:tis better to be silent and have people think you are a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Getting good mileage out of that one these last few weeks

- Hey Ladi - 03-18-2003

Rolleyes we can't have a normal discussion anymore?

We were having a nice discussion about why you should serve me

And others had to ruin it :angry:

- Luna - 03-18-2003

I rent and own. If you own you must maintain, but, you also have something that is yours. Renting stinks. You are always at your landlord's mercy to fix stuff. Of course you can always just walk away, too. :burnfucker:

- Teenweek - 03-18-2003

It is much better to own than to rent.

- Hey Ladi - 03-18-2003

Quote:It is much better to own than to rent.
thank you for that insightfull comment .... could you expand on that .... :lol:

Men should own everything and let women rent it from them

- Buttmunch - 03-18-2003

"It’s just like when you’ve got some coffee that’s too black, which means it’s too strong. What do you do? You integrate it with cream, you make it weak. But if you pour too much cream in it, you won’t even know you ever had coffee. It used to be hot, it becomes cool. It used to be strong, it becomes weak. It used to wake you up, now it puts you to sleep."
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"Message to the Grass Roots," speech, Nov. 1963, Detroit (published in Malcolm X Speaks, ch. 1, 1965).</span>

- Teenweek - 03-18-2003

Quote:thank you for that insightfull comment .... could you expand on that

I think Luna summed it up. Owning something makes it yours. When you pay a mortgage you pare paying towards your house. You do whatever you want to it. When you pay rent, you are at the landlord's mercy as to what gets done or what improvements you can make.

- Hey Ladi - 03-18-2003

Every so often I consider attempting a house purchase, the the sheer volume of the task is daunting.

save a DP, get a mortgage, find a house, eventually even move in ... taxes every year ... & all sorts of fees I don't even know about.

- Ken'sPen - 03-18-2003

buy whatever you can afford,
otherwise you are throwing money away.

- Luna - 03-18-2003

Quote:Men should own everything and let women rent it from them
[Image: punch.gif] NOT in this lifetime, bub!

- Teenweek - 03-18-2003

mortgage rates are at their lowest in years. great time to buy. We bought 2 years ago at 6 5/8% interest. I now get 5 1/8% with no points.

- Ken'sPen - 03-18-2003

"bub" makes me giggle.

- Buttmunch - 03-18-2003

Buy a van,
live down by the river.

- Luna - 03-18-2003

Loose Bedsprings, is that you?

- Hey Ladi - 03-18-2003

Quote:I now get 5 1/8% with no points.
what do points do?