CDIH
Tony Blair or G.W. Bush? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Tony Blair or G.W. Bush? (/showthread.php?tid=5706)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 03-20-2003

After 9/11 and sometime before that, tony blair has been a very visable presence and at the side of the US. Blair is also one of the best orators I have seen in a long time. Blair's speeches are more blunt than that of Bush's, they are more informed and just make you feel more secure. On 9/11 I honestly felt more secure when I heard Powell and Blair speak, Bush doesn't really give you that feeling of "he knows what's up".

I believe that is why there is so much opposition to this war, if Clinton was heading this deal everyone would be allover his jock to help.

For all the protestors here who think they have the best interests of the iraqi's in their heads let them chew this over. Yesterday many people didn't see this cause it was on PBS. There was a NY times reporter who was very outspoken against this conflict and war. He was overseas and has spoken to other reporters over in iraq, even he has noticed that most iraqi's are now not whispering in fear but speaking out in hope. They are speaking out against saddam finally because they view the coalition as not soldiers but freedom fighters, they can't wait to see american troops on the streets of baghdad. But ofcourse american's can't understand what life is like in a place where speaking out against you leaders means certain death, living in fear daily. You can't know cause you ain't there.

But Blair has been more convincing in my eyes than bush, that is why all the burden is falling on Bush's shoulders I believe.

- Buttmunch - 03-20-2003

Linda Blair was freaky in The Exorcist.

- GonzoStyle - 03-20-2003

you're gonna make me edit the topic title now, bastard.

- Buttmunch - 03-20-2003

Oh, I didn't actually read all those symbols you had there.

I like Tony Blair, he looks like a nice guy, I only wish I understood and spoke English.

- Keyser Soze - 03-20-2003

Blair is a better orator than Bush, but like Bush he is facing strong opposition to this war. I believe Clinton would have done a better job than either of them at rallying our country into getting behind this conflict. Clinton was just a straight up pimp when it came to laying it down and letting you know we were doing the right thing.

- Hey Ladi - 03-21-2003

Quote:But ofcourse american's can't understand what life is like in a place where speaking out against you leaders means certain death, living in fear daily. You can't know cause you ain't there.
last night, trying to fall asleep, I tried to imagine what it must be like to live in a place of war. They weren't sure what they had hit & sometimes they miss. We get flashes of it, like Oklahoma or 9/11 .... Everyone will die eventually, but I couldn't quite imagine being afraid that tonight is the night my house falls in on me.

- LyricalGomez - 03-21-2003

Quote:I believe Clinton would have done a better job than either of them at rallying our country into getting behind this conflict.

Except he was too busy spending 8 years ignoring Iraq

Seriously, in retrospect each president suddenlly seems like a saint compared to the current one.

- Gooch - 03-21-2003

Quote:For all the protestors here who think they have the best interests of the iraqi's in their heads let them chew this over. Yesterday many people didn't see this cause it was on PBS. There was a NY times reporter who was very outspoken against this conflict and war. He was overseas and has spoken to other reporters over in iraq, even he has noticed that most iraqi's are now not whispering in fear but speaking out in hope. They are speaking out against saddam finally because they view the coalition as not soldiers but freedom fighters, they can't wait to see american troops on the streets of baghdad. But ofcourse american's can't understand what life is like in a place where speaking out against you leaders means certain death, living in fear daily. You can't know cause you ain't there.

I also noticed the reaction of the people in quite a few news items today, and they had the same feeling. I wish I caught that special.

Just to clarify my position, I think he should be removed, but did not feel that now was the time, with other fish to fry and with everyone unified for removing terrorism.

- drusilla - 03-21-2003

i really don't like gw too much. he looks so confused all the time. you're right. he really doens't exude (?) the confidence that you need in a leader. but last night when he said We will meet that threat now with our Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Marines, so that we do not have to meet it later with armies of firefighters and police and doctors on the streets of our cities. i was like "wow". that statement right there told me why this is necessary & that he knows what he is doing.

- LyricalGomez - 03-21-2003

Here's the thing about Bush, he's not a public speaker, plain and simple.

Clinton is and was probablly the best president at responding to questions on the spot, even better than his idol, he knew how to pull off a speech, he was born with the gift to speak in public, and I think too many Americans got spoiled by it.

Bush gets visibly nervous speaking at times, but you know what, not everyone can speak well in public. I'm sure he's, no scratch that, I know he's an intelligent man, he just comes off as stupid and simple because of his public speaking. Sure he can pull off a great speech, the post 9/11 speeches are among the most poignant I've heard from a President, but he will never exude that confidence that Clinton had. Also you get the feeling Bush hates to speak in public, while Clinton loved to do it, he loved that camera, and he knew he could have the people watching eating out of the palm of his hand, Bush can and never will be able to do it.

- drusilla - 03-21-2003

i hate speaking in public

- Rape Fantasizer - 03-21-2003

As much as it shows that Bush isn't into the public speaking, his speeches are just off. I'm sure he isn't the one writing them, that he has speech writers, but some of the words he uses don't fit. I suppose it could be Bush reading the teleprompter wrong, but I honestly don't think he's that stupid, as much as I'd like to say it.

- The Jays - 03-21-2003

... Clinton would have been a really great public speaker if he learned to actually tell the truth....

- drusilla - 03-21-2003

ok, that's a burn :burnfucker:

- The Jays - 03-21-2003

... you lose credibility when you say one thing under oath, and then later say you lied.... and then you bomb a country to cover your ass...

- Hey Ladi - 03-21-2003

Bush looks comfortable with the Question & Answer section after the speeches

- drusilla - 03-21-2003

um, that would be because he gets the questions ahead of time

- The Jays - 03-21-2003

... that speach he made at the WTC on the bullhorn after 9/11 is one of the greatest speeches ever....

- GonzoStyle - 03-21-2003

I loved it today when they showed all the white protestors crowing the streets and screaming blood murder. Then they panned the camera to about 80 saudi exiles watching TV with smiles on their faces, waiting to finally be able to return home after Saddam is removed.

One said "while war is horrible and we fear for the lives of our family members in iraq. It is better to fight a war than live in fear of a murderous madman like Saddam. Until you have spent a day under saddam's rule you will never treasure your daily freedoms that americans possess."

- Galt - 03-21-2003

I just hope after it's all over, we support the Iraqi people more than we did during Three Kings.