CDIH
Don't call me nigger, whitey! - Don't call me whitey, nigger! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Don't call me nigger, whitey! - Don't call me whitey, nigger! (/showthread.php?tid=595)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Maynard - 02-26-2002

OK, so I was watching Boston Public last night, and they had an interesting topic of discussion. The word "nigger". Personally I can't stand the word. It's derogatory in every aspect, and can NEVER be meant as a good thing.

Here's the question. Why is it alright for blacks to say it to each other, but if a white says it, it's evil? I don't think that ANYONE should be saying it. It just makes you look dumber, and look like a hypocrite.
Their excuse was that the word was created as a derrogatory term for blacks, and gave the white man power over them. When blacks use the word now, it takes the power away from the whites and gives it back to blacks. I think that's total bullshit. All it does is confuse people even more. If the word is so evil, and no one would EVER want to be called it in its truest form, then why would you continue to use it? It just keeps bringing it to the forefront.

Personally I don't see us EVER moving forward in tearing down race walls when blacks still have this hatred for hundreds of years of slavery. But just remember something.....

Many countries in Africa used slaves for thousands of years. How do you think the pyramids were built? Those people weren't willing workers.

I didn't make you a slave. My parents didn't make you slaves. In fact, MY grandparents didn't make you slaves either. So to hate an entire race for something that a few did is ridiculous.

- Galt - 02-26-2002

Dammit!!!

I missed yet ANOTHER "can't-miss" episode of Boston Public.

And to top it of, I heard it was the "most controversial episode yet".

They should try and ratched up the drama and importance of the commercials.

- Arpikarhu - 02-26-2002

Quote:Here's the question. Why is it alright for blacks to say it to each other, but if a white says it, it's evil? I don't think that ANYONE should be saying it. It just makes you look dumber, and look like a hypocrite.
Their excuse was that the word was created as a derrogatory term for blacks, and gave the white man power over them. When blacks use the word now, it takes the power away from the whites and gives it back to blacks. I think that's total bullshit. All it does is confuse people even more. If the word is so evil, and no one would EVER want to be called it in its truest form, then why would you continue to use it? It just keeps bringing it to the forefront.
it also makes a mockery of the struggle people went through to stop people from using that word or any other dreogatory racist term. it shows a complete disrespect for the people who fought for their rights.i think the use of that word by anyone regardless of color is despicable.

- Gooch - 02-26-2002

slaves for egyptian pyramids were jews as well. guess that's why we nailed christ to the cross...pissed us off a bit. the word has meaning, just like any other, and should remain part of the language we use. whether we use it in a hurtful or offensive way is our own problem, not the word itself.

"Did making the word 'nigger' a horrible thing to say atone for the atrocities carried out against the African tribes ripped away from thier families?"
- Noam Chomsky

- Maynard - 02-26-2002

Quote:it also makes a mockery of the struggle people went through to stop people from using that word or any other dreogatory racist term.
Excellent point. There were MANY people that gave everything, including their lives to try and get rid of that word.

- GonzoStyle - 02-26-2002

Cause it boils down to the fact that you are mocking their history. It happened to their people not yours, just like the holocaust happened to mine. You are taking a terrible piece of history and making light of it. While I am all for it, there is a certain line you don't cross. I don't mind the jew jokes and the holocaust jokes but there is that line between making a joke and plain old hate talk. Cause you start off small and then it grows, first you can call black people niggers then before you know it everyone is dragging one behind their cars. Then it causes major traffic jams and auto accidents and then my insurance goes through the roof just cause you wanna call someone a nigger.

Fuck you Maynard you are such a selfish piece of shit, pay my bills bitch.

- Arpikarhu - 02-26-2002

did i mention i am going to spring training in florida next week?
lots of african-americans play baseball

- Keyser Soze - 02-26-2002

OK May May, you go tell the brothas to stop calling each other nigga. You and I as whitey should shut the fuck up about telling other races how they should speak. I for one take no offense at anyone calling me cracker, white boy, or white devil. Its all good my niggas. What? I'm not allowed to use it? Fuck, being 'the man' sucks.

- Maynard - 02-26-2002

GonzoStyle Wrote:Cause it boils down to the fact that you are mocking their history. It happened to their people not yours, just like the holocaust happened to mine. You are taking a terrible piece of history and making light of it. While I am all for it, there is a certain line you don't cross. I don't mind the jew jokes and the holocaust jokes but there is that line between making a joke and plain old hate talk. Cause you start off small and then it grows, first you can call black people niggers then before you know it everyone is dragging one behind their cars. Then it causes major traffic jams and auto accidents and then my insurance goes through the roof just cause you wanna call someone a nigger.

Fuck you Maynard you are such a selfish piece of shit, pay my bills bitch.
What the fuck am I making light of?

- Arpikarhu - 02-26-2002

you just know this is not going to turn out well

- Sean Cold - 02-26-2002

Maynard Wrote:Excellent point. There were MANY people that gave everything, including their lives to try and get rid of that word.
Quote:Everybody's someone else's nigger
I know you are so am I
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers
I don't need to choose a side

You tell 'em, Maymay! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

Maynard Wrote:What the fuck am I making light of?
Ohhh just cause you are making something not seem as serious and so to speak "Innocent" you automatically are making "light" of it, light which is something bright like a white. Now you are falling into the white mans trap you fuckin heathen. Why does it have to be light? why do I have to lighten up? Why can't we darken up? CAUSE THE FUCKIN WHITE MAN SAYS SO!!!! It's always gotta boil down to some racist shit with you doesn't it maynard? How froyish of you, I'd never wanna be in your shoes slave-master.

- Gooch - 02-26-2002

Quote:How froyish of you, I'd never wanna be in your shoes slave-master.

i'm guessin these shoes ain't Air Jordans

- Maynard - 02-26-2002

Gooch Wrote:
Quote:How froyish of you, I'd never wanna be in your shoes slave-master.

i'm guessin these shoes ain't Air Jordans
No, because Air Jordans are made by Nike. And Nike runs slave labor factories in southeast Asia.

Bad Nike. Bad.

- Maynard - 02-26-2002

I think you forgot something Gonzo....

[Image: chewbacca.jpg]

- Black Lazerus - 02-26-2002

Maynard Wrote:OK, so I was watching Boston Public last night, and they had an interesting topic of discussion. The word "nigger". Personally I can't stand the word. It's derogatory in every aspect, and can NEVER be meant as a good thing.

Here's the question. Why is it alright for blacks to say it to each other, but if a white says it, it's evil? I don't think that ANYONE should be saying it. It just makes you look dumber, and look like a hypocrite.

Personally I don't see us EVER moving forward in tearing down race walls when blacks still have this hatred for hundreds of years of slavery. But just remember something.....

Many countries in Africa used slaves for thousands of years. How do you think the pyramids were built? Those people weren't willing workers.

I didn't make you a slave. My parents didn't make you slaves. In fact, MY grandparents didn't make you slaves either. So to hate an entire race for something that a few did is ridiculous.
Gooch is right before you go making a asumption about
maybe you should know what you are talking about

WHITE PEOPLE CAN"T USE NIGGER
White people in this Great Land have had it easy
the whole time i haven't heard in the history of whites
anyone saying they were oppressed for their color.
(well maybe if they don't tan)
if you don't understand then you don't understand
Don't make me go out on a tangent and fucking flip out
GAYMAY just put your foot back in you mouth and hop away :fuckoff: :burnfucker: :burnfucker:

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wooky from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense.

Why would a Wooky, an eight-foot-tall Wooky, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense.

Now I also ask you to consider this. Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, this is a TV listing. This lists the programs which will be seen tonight on broadcast and on cable TV. Now, here is a listing for Odyssey. That's a cable network. Tonight at 8 PM--that's 7 PM Central Time, Odyssey is showing their new version of "The Hound of the Baskervilles"

This is the thing. The part of Sherlock Holmes is being played by Matt Frewer. Yes, the very same Matt Frewer who played Max Headroom.

Now, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury: Matt Frewer is playing Sherlock Holmes. That does not make sense. Does that make sense? No. That does not make sense.

But more important, you have to ask yourself what does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case.

It does not make sense. And so you have to remember when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No. Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury it does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit. If Matt Frewer plays Sherlock Holmes you must acquit. The defense rests.

- Maynard - 02-26-2002

Hey Laz, go back and read my post. I didn't say I should be allowed to use the word. I don't want to use the word.

My point was that I think that blacks calling each other nigger is fucking ridiculous. If it's a word they hate so much, then why use it?

- virgingrrl - 02-26-2002

Quote:Chewbacca

:disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

I'm sorry momma.

Edited By GonzoStyle on Feb. 26 2002 at 4:17