CDIH
gotta luv it - NHL playoff surprises - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: gotta luv it - NHL playoff surprises (/showthread.php?tid=6049)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- LZMF1 - 04-11-2003

in the opening games of the playoffs:
the islanders beat ottowa
the mighty ducks beat the red wings!
minnesota beat the fucking avalanche!

i know it's early in the playoffs but the underdogs are doing rather well...

the stanly cup finals should be very interesting.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1050101511

- x-file - 04-11-2003

The Red wing game against anaheim was a good game. I feel asleep during the first OT and got up in time to see the replays of that shot by Robataille.(Former Ranger Oy). This whole game was a good game, long but good. So far they've been entertaining, NHL playoffs are much better then Basketball. Anybody can win.

Imagine if the stanley cup finals were Minnesota Vs. Washington? Ugh...

- LZMF1 - 04-11-2003

i stayed up and watched the entire mighty schmucks and dead wings game.

i fucking hate the red wings and since there are a couple of former devils on the ducks i was rooting for them.

it made it all worth it when kariya scored in triple overtime.

- King Imp - 04-12-2003

Quote:Imagine if the stanley cup finals were Minnesota Vs. Washington? Ugh...
Actually I'm hoping for a Minnesota-New Jersey finals. I'd love to see the Devils face their old coach, the man who truly made them who they are.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-12-2003

First game of every series = upset except NJ's game...this could be a good omen...

- LZMF1 - 04-12-2003

Quote:
Quote:Imagine if the stanley cup finals were Minnesota Vs. Washington? Ugh...

Actually I'm hoping for a Minnesota-New Jersey finals. I'd love to see the Devils face their old coach, the man who truly made them who they are.

my thoughts exactly mistar imp.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1050179679

- QuickStop - 04-12-2003

GO ISLANDERS!!!!

- x-file - 04-13-2003

Dallas coming back, not suprising. Colorado coming back not suprising. Ottowa in the process of winning, not suprising. Anaheim leaving detroit up 2-0...very suprising. If any team could come back from 2 games it would be Detroit. (this phrase can be used again if the go down 3 games.)

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-13-2003

The Devils are have won all 6 series they've gone up 2 - 0 in...If the Ducks come out of no where and win the whole thing like the Angels did I will have even more reason to believe that sports are in fact rigged.

- King Imp - 04-14-2003

Have any of you realized that out of the Western Conference the same 3 teams (Colorado, Dallas, & Detroit) have been in the Stanley Cup Finals every year since 1995? The last team not of these 3 was Vancouver when they lost to the Rangers in 1994.

I think it's about time for someone else to step up in the West and make it to the finals because this is really getting boring seeing the same three rotating every year.

- LZMF1 - 04-14-2003

i'd like to see if jacques lemaire can lead the wild to the finals.

- King Imp - 04-14-2003

I'm with ya there LZMF1. Like I said in an earlier post I'd love to see the Devils face their old coach. Guaranteed though if this does happen a bunch of people will bitch and moan that it will be purely a defensive struggle and the scoring will be low, therefore making it a very boring finals.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-14-2003

3 - 0 Dev's of the 4 times they've had a 3 game advantage they've gone to 6 games 1 time....

- LZMF1 - 04-14-2003

2 tired...the devils own boston......plain and simple.

- LZMF1 - 04-14-2003

predict a sweep.[Image: broom.gif]

Don't jynx it...

- LZMF1 - 04-14-2003

i know...i'm feeling confident about that though.

We'll see...Brodeur was so sick last game...I hope he steps up to the next level...cause when playing whoever comes out of the west he's gonna get more shots taken on him than he sees now...

- LZMF1 - 04-14-2003

i think after last year with NJ getting knocked out by the lowly canadiens the entire team is gonna kick it up a notch.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-16-2003

You jynxed it LZ...BOS 5 NJ 1 in the 3rd...