CDIH
Saving Private Lynch - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Saving Private Lynch (/showthread.php?tid=6066)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- GonzoStyle - 04-14-2003

Bear with me, I am drunk and i've been having a conversation with my taxi driver poster for half an hour.

Now I have made my hatred for todays society of retarded misfits well known. My hate for the war protesters, not because they are "un-american" but because they are uneducated nimrods who have no facts to back up their opinion. They pretend to understand the struggle of a people which they can never ever understand, in our simplistic union of whining lazy fucks that is our future generation. They have basically no struggle, their biggest beef can be that the war coverage pre-empted Dawson's Creek.

They act as if death during war is some eye opening fact that has never existed, cause everything is dragged out on TV over and over and over ad nasuem. These "news" stations which seem to be suffering from some major attention defecit disorder, have made WAR prime time programing as if it was some Reality Show. People dont see and dont care, all of sudden you show them one dead body and everyone is up in arms. Yet you can say that 50 million people died during WW2 or at the peak of Vietnam 500 kids were dying a week, they dont blink. Show them one dead cat on the side of the road and everyone is up in arms. Death is a tragic result of war but its been happening ever since man first picked up a bone and figured out he could use it as a weapon.

What gets to me is how they feel the need to label things. Like with this Jessica Lynch deal, POW's are nothing new. God bless her soul but enough already, what really pissed me off was the fact that they are already talking about movie rights to her story. Yet the several dead soldiers found with her barely get a footnote, they gave up the ultimate sacrifice, where is their coverage?

I am just sick and tired of how stupid people are, yeah thats what I am trying to get across.

How everyone seems to think this is all breaking news, POW's, People dying. Where are these hundreds of thousands of dead innocent civilians everyone was crying about? We made it to Baghdad in 17 days, yet everyone was whining that it took too long. Two fuckin weeks is too long? Wars last for months and years, and people are....

Nevermind.

- Sweet Angel - 04-14-2003

Jessica Lynch got all the coverage. Very little was given to the female Native American who died, and as you mentioned, the dead found with Jessica got hardly a mention. What do you suppose the coverage will be like for those rescued today?

- The Sleeper - 04-14-2003

I have a taxi driver poster too. My roomate last year was obsessed with it. I think he had conversations with it while I was gone. He was really creepy.

Edited By The Sleeper on 1050285183

- Arpikarhu - 04-14-2003

hey gonzo, go brush your teeth, wash your face, and get into bed. we will talk about this in the morning.
now night night snookums.

- Gooch - 04-14-2003

i hear you. it's a good point...and i feel much of the same. i didn't agree with the war, but only b/c of it showed inconsistent policy...but now that we are in it, i am annoyed by the same stuff going on, as you. sometimes i get so disgusted at the way things happen, and how people are treated. We canonize Lynch, and forget the rest. Everyone is looking for symbols, matryrs, and messages, and humanity falls to the wayside.

These genetic mutants always have to have things oversimplified for them. They don't bother reading, learning and educating themselves to the world around them. They want everything handed to them on a silver platter and then laid out by some schumuck in a kevlar vest and microphone on TV.

It's a sad day when they have to do a split screen with cliffs notes on the side summarizing what the reporter is currently talking about, so the simple minded mouth breathers can get somewhat of a clue.

They need things labeled and rehashed over and over again but most improtantly they need pretty pictures and figureheads to understand, they need metaphors and lots of them as if they were 3 year olds.

That's what I was trying to say I think.

- Arpikarhu - 04-14-2003

cmon, sweetie, let uncle arpikarhu tuck you in. its been a long day

I wish I was about my wits so I coulda been more... uh witty.

- Arpikarhu - 04-14-2003

heres your bwanky and a glass of wawa. let me put on your nite lite.

I just have no clue how these mentally defunct attrocities get through daily life, man how do they do it? Don't they even feel the smallest need to read a book, know their history?

Do they think that everyone in the world can go outside and dwindle around looking for the nearest white castle and then worry about which mega mall they can go to? Do they not realize that people waking up in the morning without the smell of death and smoke around them from bombs and such is a good day for most of the people in the world.

It's like bubble boy syndrome, people just aren't as tough anymore, everyone is over pampered and pussified today.

Everyones on medication, everyone is depressed, everyone is angry, everyone is impatient. What happened to our grandparents generation? They were too budy actually struggling to make a penny and they didnt have time to complain or be depressed, they just dealt with shit and didnt have prozac or dr. melfi at their beck and call, they knew the harsh realities of the world. maybe because most of them were immigrants, I guess.

HEY YOU, GET YOUR FUCKIN HANDS OFF ME!!!!!

Quote:Do they think that everyone in the world can go outside and dwindle around looking for the nearest white castle and then worry about which mega mall they can go to?
don't you dare bring white castle into this :angry:

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-14-2003

i think shes really hot

- LyricalGomez - 04-14-2003

I now feel dirty after reading this thread

I mean how hard can our lives really be if a message board is such a major part of our life and is the cause of so much of our conflict, friendship and interest. It's not just a message board but for other people it may be video games and other stuff, are our problems even that big? I mean my biggest problem right now if finding a decent job, yeah it's hard and upsetting but compared to 99.9% of the world it ain't shit. People don't get their own way or don't get enough attention, some guy had his underwear put on backwards when he was 3 years old and he's in therapy for 30 years.

fuckin jessica lynch.

fine, i'll go.

go back to your witty reparte's.

sorry to have intruded.

- LyricalGomez - 04-14-2003

Not because of you

Arpi's posts were very creepy, even you have to admit that

Quote:fine, i'll go.

go back to your witty reparte's.

sorry to have intruded.
:29:

While I wandered off, like 8 tentacles of an octopus with different scenarios, it was all connected to the same body.

This is the Diary of Gonzo, you think you know but you have no idea.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.livejournal.com">http://www.livejournal.com</a><!-- m -->