CDIH
Ching Chang-"Theres Someching Wong w/ Smoking Law" - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Ching Chang-"Theres Someching Wong w/ Smoking Law" (/showthread.php?tid=6075)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Keyser Soze - 04-14-2003

<font size="4">NYC Bouncer Killed in Smoking Ban Brawl
By ERIN McCLAM, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - A bouncer at a Manhattan nightclub died Sunday after he was stabbed in a brawl that police said began when he tried to enforce the city's new ban on smoking in bars and restaurants.

Dana Blake, 32, died about 11 hours after the late-night fight in an East Village nightclub.

Police arrested two brothers, Johnathan and Ching Chan, shortly after the fight and charged them with assault. Prosecutors had not decided Sunday whether to upgrade the charges because of Blake's death.

Blake approached the men about 2:30 a.m. to tell them they could not smoke in the bar, police spokesman Michael O'Looney said. It was unclear whether one or both men were smoking, he said.

Harsh words were exchanged and the brawl began when Blake tried to eject Johnathan Chan for disorderly behavior, witnesses told police. Blake was stabbed in the fight, but it was unclear who stabbed him or with what, O'Looney said.

The smoking ban took effect late last month.

It could not immediately be determined if the brothers had lawyers.

Blake's older brother, Tony Blake, said Sunday he blamed the death on the smoking ban. "I'm very bitter," he said. "It's a senseless murder because of this stupid cigarette law. That's the reason this guy was killed."

Ed Skyler, spokesman for Mayor Michael Bloomberg, said the mayor was pleased suspects were quickly arrested and that "his thoughts are with the family of the victim."

- Arpikarhu - 04-14-2003

that is a shame. i find it disgusting that this guy is blaming the smoking law. thats like saying the guys who mine lead are responsible for people being shot. the only thing responsible for that guy being killed is the guy who killed him.

the worst part is his brother is the one blaming the smoking law. by the way, have you seen how overcrowded the sidewalks are getting with patrons forced to loiter outside bars and clubs to get their nicotine fix?

- GonzoStyle - 04-14-2003

Teenweek would have made the text smaller and more compact, hence making it an easier read.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-14-2003

yeah, good job teenweek lite

Undecided

another foul attempt on using someone elses gimmick, for shame.

i'm the salvation army of old and used gimmicks

ofcourse you are, cause thats where you get your t-shirts from.

- Arpikarhu - 04-14-2003

calling anyone "someone-lite" is mine. thief!

you're like the guy who tried to trademark internet commerce, the entire concept and charge royalties on every purchase ever made anywhere in the world.

- IrishAlkey - 04-14-2003

At least nobody inside will die from second hand smoke.

Quote:Someching Wong

omg ur sooooooo edgy ©slipper 2003

- The Sleeper - 04-14-2003

I'm pretty sure I've said that in 2002

I saw this cute little desk calendar with sleeping puppies on it.

Want me to buy it for you?

sure, who doesn't love puppies?

Gomez

he has no soul :angry:

Pure fucking evil...

Ever see him make a sig with puppies in it?

I thought not. :angry:

i had a puppy sig, arpi created an entire persona behind it. and I'M the gimmick theif, sheesh!