CDIH
LOTR-The Two Towers Extended DVD details - I can't wait to get these... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: LOTR-The Two Towers Extended DVD details - I can't wait to get these... (/showthread.php?tid=6082)

- Goatweed - 04-15-2003

from Lightsoutentertainment.com...
Quote:Peter Jackson has already finished editing the extended DVD for The Two Towers. In an exclusive interview with the Lord of the Rings Fan Club Movie Magazine, the director stated that the additional footage will total 43 minutes, bringing the running time of the extended cut to a whopping total of 222 minutes. As with the extended Fellowship set, much of the extra material will be character moments. Jackson promises more Gollum and and Treebeard, "We have a great scene - which I would have loved to put in the theatrical version - where he recites really bad poetry to the Hobbits, who are desperately trying not to fall asleep... There are a lot more surprises in that extra Fangorn material."

Jackson's effects company, WETA, is now hard at work completing 150 new effects shots for those extra scenes. The DVD is expected out this coming November.

222 minutes of hobbit/Gollum goodness. It'll probably be priced right, just like Fellowship was. Why can't more directors and movie studios do this?!?!

- Galt - 04-15-2003

:youareanerd:

- GonzoStyle - 04-15-2003

Cause not everyone cares about their films as much.

- Galt - 04-15-2003

Caring about sports films, hot chicks, and stuff blowing up is cool.

Nerd stuff is nerdy.

It's a sad fact of life: look it up. I don't make the rules, I just enforce the ones that look favorably upon my way of life.

- Goatweed - 04-15-2003

Quote:Caring about sports films, hot chicks, and stuff blowing up is cool.

I care about these too, I have varied interests. There just aren't any movies that fall into these categories that I'm looking forward to as much.

- GonzoStyle - 04-15-2003

I can turn on the news to see stuff blow up, why should I pay for it?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-15-2003

yes and signing up as different people on message boards doesnt make you nerdy at all Rolleyes

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-15-2003

He did it because of the success of that whole GIP thing...

- Galt - 04-15-2003

ahem, I was well before that stupid GIP schtick, nor did I pound it into the ground.

Per usual, I was well ahead of the curve.

it was still very dorky :10:

- Gooch - 04-15-2003

Which curve would that be???

The Living Yield Curve????

Dynamic Yield Curve????

or, just the Bell curve?

oh i get it, its a humor thing

- flamingfish - 04-15-2003

ahem...if you havent read the book imnot sure if you should be allowed to post in a thread such as this, and theres nothig wrong with being nerdy :21:

- Skitchr4u - 04-15-2003

fish, stop being a geek and go do math homework...

oh, and i like mr weed am terribly excited for the two towers to come out on dvd super special edition

- LyricalGomez - 04-16-2003

Guys, be quiet before Magus comes and yells at us

- GonzoStyle - 04-16-2003

KONAMI CODE ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

- LyricalGomez - 04-16-2003

I'VE GOT 15 YEARS OF TOLKIEN EXPERIENCE ON YOU BOY