CDIH
I'm back and I'm proud - of what?  don't ask. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I'm back and I'm proud - of what?  don't ask. (/showthread.php?tid=6093)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Ronin - 04-16-2003

Hey people. I am back from vacation.
So Sedona was cool. Went hiking and saw a couple of cool red rocks out there..
[Image: Sedona01.jpg]

And then we headed to the Grand Canyon, which was actually pretty cold. It was 40 degrees at the top of the Canyon.
[Image: GrandCanyon03.jpg]
[Image: GrandCanyon05.jpg]

Then from there, we went to the Las Vegas, passing over Hoover Dam.
[Image: HooverDam11.jpg]

So we go to LAS VEGAS! It was pretty nice there. The Fountains at the Bellagio were the best! But here is the Volcano at The Mirage.
I have a good mpg of the fountains but can't find anywhere to host it. :-(
[Image: VegasMirageVolcano.jpg]

The only bad part was that I had to see stupid Celine Dion because my wife had tickets.. I don't like her but the last song she sang, "What a Wonderful World", is one of my favorites. So that was the only highlight of that concert.
We also saw "O" which is Cirque du Soleil. That was alright, but the Cirque du Soleil in FL was better.
I wanted to see the amazing Johnathon. But the f'er went on vacation that week! The bastard.

All in all, it was a good trip. I am sure you guys missed me!

Well, back to work.

- Keyser Soze - 04-16-2003

Great pics, faggit! :thumbs-up:

Did you look up that darkie, Kid A, while you were there? I hear he's the life of the party and runs shit out there.

- Ronin - 04-16-2003

He must have been one of those guys trying to hand me stripper material on the street. I saw lots of those guys.

- Hybrid - 04-16-2003

the bus trip to the grand canyon is so long and boring. i wanted to die.

- The Sleeper - 04-16-2003

I have a wacky pic of me looking like I'm about to fall into the Grand Canyon

- Ronin - 04-16-2003

Phoenix to Sedona took about 3 hours.
Sedona to Grand Canyon took about 5 hours.
Grand Canyon to Hoover Dam was about 5 hours.
Hoover Dam to Vegas was 30 minutes.

I drove the Grand Canyon to Hoover Dam part. THERE WAS NOTHING!! totally empty. if I broke down, there was no one around.. but there was some nice scenery.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-16-2003

did you take a pink jeep tour?!?

- Ronin - 04-16-2003

no, we didn't. we didn't see those until we were leaving! in fact, we didn't see the Sedona shops until we were leaving!! that kinda sucked. but we went on the Red Rock Loop and some trails near the Bell Rock by ourselves. so that was alright.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-16-2003

ha you didnt go on the pink jeep tour!

thats the best part about sedona

- Ronin - 04-16-2003

Damn, i knew that tour would be good.. oh well.. next time.. :-)

- JimmyBlueEyes - 04-16-2003

Nice pix dude...gotta get out that way sometime...

- Ronin - 04-16-2003

The Phoenix to Grand Canyon to Vegas is not a bad trip.. that is about a week trip. some people do an LA to Vegas to Grand Canyon trip. But then you have to drive back to Vegas or go to Phoenix to fly home..

But there is an airport at the Grand Canyon but not big enough for huge commercial planes. so you could always fly there and get a taxi or something to pick you up to go to the hotel. then take a tour to the Grand Canyon.. There are options. :-)

- Arpikarhu - 04-16-2003

i saw the amazing johnathan when i was there a couple of weeks ago. you missed a fucking great show!

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-16-2003

When I was in Az it snowed up at the Canyon and we couldn't get up there...so we went to Sadona...it was really cool...we went with some friends who lived outside Pheonix and they took us away from all the touristy stuff by Sedona...it was real purrty...

- IrishAlkey - 04-16-2003

Has everybody on this fucking board been there?

- Keyser Soze - 04-16-2003

i did the drive through the desert from L.A. to Vegas a few years back, its hotter out there then anything i've ever experienced. its Africa hot.

You've been to Africa? Rolleyes

- Arpikarhu - 04-16-2003

i have

Then you have permission to describe something as "Africa hot".

- Ronin - 04-16-2003

I was so pissed when the woman told me that the amazing johnathon was on vacation.. i didn't feel like seeing anything else.. we then tried for Seigfred and Roy. but the woman said they don't do shows on monday. so we saw a variety show at the Venetian. it wasn't work $120 but it was kinda funny. After we bought the tickets for the variety show, we found out that S+R do have shows on monday.. i was then pissed about that.. stupid people..