CDIH
Tv shows on dvd - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tv shows on dvd (/showthread.php?tid=610)

- GonzoStyle - 02-27-2002

They're starting to release a lot of TV show sets on DVD. The Sopranos which just released the 2nd season on DVD. Sex & The City, Queer As folk have all come out on DVD.

Now Oz's 1st season is coming in march along with the complete 1st seasons of Friends & All In The family. Some other shows like The Simpsons have also been released.

What are some TV shows you'd love to see come out on DVD? I personally will be 1st in line when the complete Honeymooners collection comes out on DVD. Also The Odd Couple is another great old show that I would love to own. I'd get the simpsons but not the 1st season. Definetly The Benny Hill show, that was always fuckin funny. I could watch Benny Hill for hours, the only funny thing England ever produced except for their teeth.

- The Sleeper - 02-27-2002

If I were to ever get a DVD player, the first DVD I would get would be the Season 1 Family Guy that is out in England right now, I believe.

Also, A Twilight Zone Collection with commentary would rock.

- virgingrrl - 02-27-2002

i would love to have all 10 seasons of beverly hills 90210, even know i know them all by heart.

my next choice would have to be My So-called Life, i already have the vhs box sets, but dvd's would be so nice.

- IkeaBoy - 02-27-2002

I know that Oz is coming out. Simpsons is out with more seasons coming. Buffy and Angel are out. Futurama is coming. Complete Python is on DVD too.

I'm most excited that on April 2nd MR. SHOW WITH BOB AND DAVE first and second seasons coming to DVD!!

I'd like NewsRadio on DVD, The Critic on DVD, Duckman on DVD and Tenacious D on DVD

Edited By IkeaBoy on Feb. 27 2002 at 5:10

IkeaBoy Wrote:Tenacious D on DVD
Very good choice, that's why you are my son.

- IkeaBoy - 02-27-2002

Oh also

* The State on DVD
* Kids in the Hall on DVD

SNL on DVD would rock, especially the early years.

- Maynard - 02-27-2002

Quote:I'm most excited that on April 2nd MR. SHOW WITH BOB AND DAVE first and second seasons coming to DVD!!
That will fuckin rock!

I was actually just talking with someone about this very subject today. He was telling me he bought "Space 1999" on DVD. I mentioned that I also saw "The Adventures of Sid And Marty Croft" on DVD last I was there (which I still have to get), and I also would like to see "The Great Space Coaster" to be released.

- IkeaBoy - 02-27-2002

GonzoStyle Wrote:SNL on DVD would rock, especially the early years.
the problem with SNL is that they will only release hour long "best ofs" instead of full episodes.

IkeaBoy Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:SNL on DVD would rock, especially the early years.
the problem with SNL is that they will only release hour long "best ofs" instead of full episodes.
Well over 25 years of one hour weekly shows would be tough to package man.

I like the best of's actually.

- SLASH - 02-27-2002

Married With Children

- Spitfire - 02-28-2002

Quote:* The State on DVD
Well, at least I have the video...

I hope The Job comes out
more Simpsons DVDs soon
Dark Angel
Werewolf

That Sid & Marty Kroft box set didn't seem that good...it didn't have Sigmund and the Seamonsters on it Sad

- criticslovesnatch - 02-28-2002

Family guy DVD would fucking rule

I'm sure it'll come out eventually, but i'd buy a Six Feet Under box DVD

- Arthur Dent - 02-28-2002

Europe gets a lot of shows on DVD before we do. Too bad their a different "region" so you need a regionless DVD player or you need to buy a second European player to watch them.

Like all 5 seasons of Babylon 5.

And what about all the cartoons we watched as kids. Imagine all the episodes of the Smurfs on DVD with commentary from Papa Smurf. Smile

- Maynard - 02-28-2002

Quote:And what about all the cartoons we watched as kids. Imagine all the episodes of the Smurfs on DVD with commentary from Papa Smurf.
That would soooo fuckin rock!

- Bondgirl - 02-28-2002

I want Ren and Stimpy on DVD

- Sean Cold - 02-28-2002

21 Jump Street and NYPD Blue would soooooooo rock.

I hope the Oz dvd comes with some extra shit, not like the Sopranos which has nothing really but the episodes.

Also, the Voltron cartoon. The lion version not that crappy 15 piece fucker.

- Spitfire - 02-28-2002

Yeah, 21 Jump Street!

He Man cartoons on DVD would rule...1st season (John K's stuff) of Ren & Stimpy would also be good

- Sephiroth - 02-28-2002

Band of Brothers (though I already have the SVCD's of them).
The State
Mr. Show with Bob and David
Upright Citizen's Brigade
Law and Order

- GonzoStyle - 03-01-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:I hope the Oz dvd comes with some extra shit, not like the Sopranos which has nothing really but the episodes.
Same shit man, nothing really special.

Here's the list

Quote:Oz: The Complete First Season (2002)
DVD Features:

Region 1
Digi-Pack
3-Disc Set
Full Frame - 1.33
Single Side - Dual Layer
Additional Release Material:
Deleted Scenes With Audio Commentary by Tom Fontana -
Featurette
Music Video
Interactive Features:
Scene Access

So except for some deleted scenes that's about it man, the rest of that crap is just standard DVD stuff.