CDIH
Duncan wins MVP again - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Duncan wins MVP again (/showthread.php?tid=6233)

- GonzoStyle - 05-05-2003

Did he deserve it?

I always felt that Duncan is in the top 5 playing today, his problem is that he plays great but never plays for the sportscenter top 10 plays. He gets in there and gets shit done but not in sweet fashion, no behind the back passes or crazy dunks.

But the numbers don't lie, he averaged a double double, 24 points and 13 boards a game. 3 blocks a game and he is the nucleus of that spurs team that led them all by himself practically.

He doesn't capture your attention though cause he doesn't talk crazy shit like shaq or dunk like t-mac or kobe and doesn't flex after a dunk.

Shaq didn't play enough but the daddy is still just unstoppable, once he is in the paint no one can stop him, there is nothing you can do.

T-mac didn't show the heart of a winner today, it was pretty sad. Iverson once again showed the heart of a champion in game 7.

who was your choice?

- LyricalGomez - 05-05-2003

Where is the mention of Kevin Garnett?

Pshah

It came down to pretty mucha toss-up between those two

When it comes down to it, yeah Garnett led his team to the foot of the mountain but then didn't have the steam to get to the top. I know its regular season MVP but you can tell the difference between a good player and a great player during playoff time.

Game 4 Garnett was pumped and a true leader. Game 5 they shoulda won and blew, then game 6 they didnt even show up to play and game 7 was just a formality. Just like T-Mac today in game 7, 6 for 24 shooting?

Now look at Kobe and Iversons game 7 performances, that's where the difference lies.

Duncan just blew past the 1st round, now it will be interesting to see the lakers go up against the spurs this year.

- HedCold - 05-05-2003

the timberwolves didn't go to a game 7

My bad money.

- HedCold - 05-05-2003

its aiight, i got yo back

Thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

- HedCold - 05-05-2003

i was just clearing things up

- x-file - 05-06-2003

How does Jason Kidd finish 9th in the voting? If you took him off the Nets team, where do you think they would be? The guy is a hands down allstar. He carries the team and when he doesn't, he's making other players great. Okay, I don't think he was the league MVP this year, in my opinion it should of been shaq. Look how great the lakers did with just kobe and no shaq beginning of the year. But back to kidd, there is no way he should be finishing that low. Even if he came up short to the bar he set last year for himself, he's still at least in the top 5.

- Keyser Soze - 05-06-2003

Spud Webb

- LyricalGomez - 05-06-2003

The lakers got out of their slump because of Kobe, even with Shaq back they were struggling.

- x-file - 05-06-2003

Quote:The lakers got out of their slump because of Kobe, even with Shaq back they were struggling.

Actually, the lakers didn't start to win untill shaq came back, kobe won some games, but that terrible start was without shaq and there was nothing kobe could do.

- LyricalGomez - 05-07-2003

Yes but even with Shaq back they were losing, it was Kobe who kept that team going and who lit the spark under them.

This season Kobe's importance far outweighs Shaq's, in previous years it's been different but this year, eventhough I don't really like him, Kobe could very easily have been MVP.

I doubt he'll ever win it though, he'll never get the credit playing on the same team as Shaq, of course the trade-off is all the championships, on another team he could easily be MVP but he'd not have three championships under his belt.