CDIH
What book are you reading? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What book are you reading? (/showthread.php?tid=6293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Danked - 05-13-2003

I'm rereading Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins. Has to be my favorite book by him. I started it this morning at work in between customers and I'm on page 140 now. I can't recall whatever became of the Can O' Beans in the story. Poor him/her.

- Goatweed - 05-13-2003

I'm not reading anything these days, I could use a good book.

I'm eagerly awaiting the remaining Dark Tower books, however.

- Suzie - 05-13-2003

Good-bye Columbus.
And my Series 65 textbook.

- crx girl - 05-13-2003

black house

and i seem to have lost my copy of skinny legs, must've lent it to someone but i'd like to read it again some time.

- Galt - 05-13-2003

Stuff Magazine, silly.

- Suzie - 05-13-2003

Quote:and i seem to have lost my copy of skinny legs, must've lent it to someone but i'd like to read it again some time.

Wasn't me! But I do have your Another Roadside Attraction

- Danked - 05-13-2003

That's not a book, silly. I specifically said book.

- HedCold - 05-13-2003

some gay text book i have hw from :-(

- Galt - 05-13-2003

It's got words and a binding, it's a book.

- crx girl - 05-13-2003

Quote:Wasn't me! But I do have your Another Roadside Attraction
wow, i had no idea. you don't have my jitterbug perfume do ya? no, i think i lent that one out years ago. i'll have to pick that up again sometime too.

- Suzie - 05-13-2003

you didn't know? I was just kidding. What book?

- Danked - 05-13-2003

Did you ever read the newer one? I forget the name. Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates, I think. Excellent book that worked it's way from the Amazon to the prophecies of the Fatima.

I lent my copy out to a friend. :12:

- crx girl - 05-13-2003

ooh, i haven't read that. or frog pajamas either. anyone wanna lend me a copy?

- Hey Ladi - 05-13-2003

i think maybe I read skinny legs
JITTER BUG PERFUME! that's the name of that one I never remember, about the beets :5:

half asleep in frogs pajamas was the first one I read, still good

the book I'm in the middle of is Forever, that Buttmunch suggested
they got somewhere in the bok & I stopped reading

- Arpikarhu - 05-13-2003

Quote:the book I'm in the middle of is Forever
the judy blume book? that is 5th grade reading!! LOL!! you are a moron!!
and buttmunch suggested it?? what a fag!!!!!!!

- Keyser Soze - 05-13-2003

The Marriage Of Sense and Soul - Ken Wilbur

- Hey Ladi - 05-13-2003

what the fuck are you talking about? Rolleyes

- crx girl - 05-13-2003

i didn't read forever til 7th grade. i guess my reading skills weren't as advanced as they told me Undecided

- Hey Ladi - 05-13-2003

this is my book

Quote:The year is 1741 and this is the story of Cormac O'Connor-"Irish, and a Jew"-who grows up in Ireland under English Protestant rule and is secretly schooled in Gaelic religion, myth and language. Seeking to avenge the murder of his father by the Earl of Warren, he follows the trail of the earl to New York City. On board ship, Cormac befriends African slave Kongo, and once in New York, the two join a rebellion against the British. After the rising is quelled, mobs take to the streets and Kongo is seized. Cormac saves Kongo from death, but is shot in the process. His recovery takes a miraculous turn when Kongo's dead priestess, Tomora, appears and grants Cormac eternal life and youth-so long as he never leaves the island of Manhattan, thus the "Forever" of the title. What follows is a portrait of the "city of memory of which Cormac was the only citizen." Cormac fights in the American Revolution, sups with Boss Tweed (in a very sympathetic portrait) and lives into the New York of 2001

you remeber what you read in 7th grade :thumbs-up: nice

- Suzie - 05-13-2003

Yeah that's a racy one!
All I remember is that her loverboy was Michael and his penis was named Ralph.