CDIH
What book are you reading? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What book are you reading? (/showthread.php?tid=6293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Gooch - 05-17-2003

ha ha....kinky sucks.

- Is Don on the phone? - 05-17-2003

I beg to differ - it is summer reading, but morons wouldn't catch the subtleties of DeMille's stories. I've only read one of Friedman's books (The Mile High Club, bought it at the duty free in Heathrow and finished it on the flight home), entertaining with nice twists, but Friedman is no DeMille.

- Gooch - 05-17-2003

Nelson DeMille's Gold Coast: beats the crap out of Arpi's fag reading material.

- Danked - 05-20-2003

Finished Skinny Legs last night and was surprised at how much I had forgotten about it. Definitely one of Robbins best books although it seemed like he rushed through the last part of the book just to finish it. He doesn't tie it up neatly.

Brought Notes From The Underground to work with me today, but I have to get back to painting. Try to start it during lunch. :12:

- crx girl - 05-20-2003

i just read a review of a new tom robbins book the other day, forgot what it was called though. maybe it's time to use my amazon gift certificate :thumbs-up:

- Danked - 05-20-2003

Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates was the newest as far as I knew, but that was like a year ago. Is that the one?

- Danked - 05-20-2003

Villa Incognito is the new one. The Amazon reviews all say it's kind of blah. :12:

- crx girl - 05-20-2003

villa incognito

ok, i'm too slow, the ew review was ok i don't know if that link'll work but it basically said if you're a fan you'll probably like it, but otherwise it's the same old stuff. i'll get it when it comes out in paperback...

- Danked - 06-03-2003

So I never started Notes From The Underground, but I am finally reading Another Roadside Attraction. Brought it with me to VT this weekend.

I brought home my special lady friend's copy of Empire Falls by Robert(?) Russo. She was raving about it, but I've never heard of it. Anyone read it?

- Arpikarhu - 06-03-2003

poker nation- by andy bellin

- HedCold - 06-14-2003

moneyball - michael lewis

i'm liking it

- crx girl - 06-14-2003

still black house, took a while to get going but now i can hardly put it down

- criticslovesnatch - 06-14-2003

i had to read sections of The Brothers Karamazov for my existentialism class. I liked it, so now i'm reading it cover to cover.

- Suzie - 06-14-2003

Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates

- AdolescentMasturbator - 06-14-2003

Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. It's a pretty decent read, does kind of drag in some parts so far though.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on 1055614652

- Arpikarhu - 06-14-2003

lamb by christopher more. other than confederacy of dunces, the funniest book i have ever read!

- Galt - 06-14-2003

My reading consists of rotoworld.com

- Arpikarhu - 06-14-2003

and even that you have to have someone read to you

- Galt - 06-14-2003

^^^^^

- Arpikarhu - 06-14-2003

i like your status :poke: