CDIH
The Sega Dreamcast - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Sega Dreamcast (/showthread.php?tid=6357)

- QuickStop - 05-16-2003

I'd like to share my thoughts on this now defunct system....

...When the system first came out, I hated it because i thought Sega'd bail on it like they did the Saturn. Then after a little while, some great fucking games came out, so i bought it and i was very happy with it. I played it more than i did my PSX. A few months later I picked up a PS2. The DC got some occasional use, but the PS2 dominated the majority of my game time. Since late 2001, I've probably played only a few hours of dreamcast games. And i was right and they did end up bailing on it. But today i got inspired. I hooked up the old dreamcast and started playing some Soul Calibur and some Crazy Taxi and I have come to the conclusion that the DC owns. So today i ordered 5 DC backups online in an attempt to rekindle my love for Sega games for $20. So in a few weeks when Power Stone 2, Ikaragu, Sonic Adventure 2, Bomberman Online, and Dead or Alive 2 arrive, I'm gonna have a lot of fun...

...Go hook up your dreamcast please.

- GonzoStyle - 05-16-2003

You haven't started dating yet have you?

- PatCooper - 05-16-2003

i threw mine away close to a year ago.

- QuickStop - 05-16-2003

you people make me sick

- PatCooper - 05-16-2003

Mine was broken and i wasnt paying to get an extinct system fixed.

- GonzoStyle - 05-17-2003

an ode to my dreamcast.

go get laid.

- Goatweed - 05-17-2003

they use Dreamcasts at computer shows to show off the used (and probaly stolen) monitors the vendors try to sell.

Other than that, I've never actually seen or played one.

Edited By goatweed on 1053138911

- QuickStop - 05-17-2003

well you should think about picking one up and buying some backups online. You can get the console for around $20 or $30 on ebay. so for less than the cost of 2 new PS2 games, you can get all the best dreamcast games

- LyricalGomez - 05-17-2003

The greatest thing the Dreamcast did was basically plant a welcome mat for people who download and burn games.

There are tons of games out there that never came out in the states that kick ass.

- Goatweed - 05-17-2003

I've got an x-box, a ps2, and now a new PC with enough gaming horsepower to last me probably till the end of the year - I really dont think I need a dreamcast.

but if I got it as a gift, I wouldn't be upset either.

- QuickStop - 05-17-2003

Quote:The greatest thing the Dreamcast did was basically plant a welcome mat for people who download and burn games.

There are tons of games out there that never came out in the states that kick ass.
i have a few games burned, but lately ive tried to download some games of irc, and there are so few on there anymore. you used to be able to get anything. thats why i bought these last 5. and with the japanese ones that never came over, i ordered Ikaragu, which was recently made for gamecube, but i dont have a gamecube

- LyricalGomez - 05-17-2003

Well the cool thing is you can get a used DC really cheap, I got mine with a bunch of games for like 50 bucks.

- LZMF1 - 05-17-2003

can you say padus discjuggler?

or utopia boot disc?

Edited By LZMF1 on 1053196533

- QuickStop - 05-17-2003

i can and have

- LZMF1 - 05-17-2003

cool :thumbs-up:

- GonzoStyle - 05-18-2003

I'm gonna take you out one day and force you to socialize with people.

- LZMF1 - 05-19-2003

Quote:I'm gonna take you out one day and force you to socialize with people.

who? me or QS?