CDIH
Leap of faith - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Leap of faith (/showthread.php?tid=640)

- NaughtyAngel - 03-01-2002

i watched this dumbass show last night because there was nothing else on inbetween friends and csi

it was ok at first but as the show went on it kept getting worse and worse until the end where everything made no fucking sense

this girl who is engaged to this one guy fucks another one, then blurts it out at her bridal shower and tells her fiance

then she goes back to the guys house that she fucked, but he had a girl there already

ITS THE MOST RETARDED THING IVE EVER SEEN

did anyone else watch it?

- SLASH - 03-01-2002

The '92 Steve Martin/Debra Winger flick, Leap Of Faith, was pretty good.

Steve Martin plays one of those envangelistic faith healers -- Tagline: : Real miracles, sensibly priced

It's worth the rental for Steve Martin alone, even though it has one of those happy endings as far as I can remeMber.

- Arthur Dent - 03-01-2002

Wasn't "Leap of Faith" a Steve Martin movie where he played a con artist evangelist?

- SLASH - 03-01-2002

Arthur Dent Wrote:Wasn't "Leap of Faith" a Steve Martin movie where he played a con artist evangelist?
Yea, it also had-

Lolita Davidovich
Liam Neesonl
Lukas Haas
Meat Loaf
Philip Seymour Hoffman

- NaughtyAngel - 03-01-2002

Leap Of Faith
i knew i wasnt going crazy

- Arthur Dent - 03-01-2002

going? :clueless:

- Maynard - 03-01-2002

Leap of Faith was great. I want the sparkly suit that he wore, and I'm gonna HAVE to try that trick with the potato cross sometime.

- IkeaBoy - 03-01-2002

was it any different from any other NBC show starring a woman? I didn't see it but it seemed from the one line pilot description about an engaged girl trying to make a go at the single life. Does she work at a magazine too?

- NaughtyAngel - 03-04-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:Does she work at a magazine too?
some kind of production agency, she was auditioning actors for a role or something

- Skitchr4u - 03-04-2002

i cleaned the apartment, thats how great that show was...dumb ass crap, 30 minutes of my life i won't get back!

- NaughtyAngel - 03-08-2002

i watched this show again last night because there is nothing on inbetween friends and csi AGAIN

the show is ok until the last maybe 5-10 minutes, the writers dont know how to end the fucking show

they always leave me yellin, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT!!!!!

- Arthur Dent - 03-08-2002

Quote:the show is ok until the last maybe 5-10 minutes, the writers dont know how to end the fucking show

they always leave me yellin, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT!!!!!

Didn't you describe sex the same way? :fucking:

- Rape Fantasizer - 03-08-2002

For the most part, I liked the show. But what is up with the one guy they hang out with? (he is on dawson's creek too) DO any guys only hang out with 3 girls?

- IkeaBoy - 03-08-2002

Rape Fantasizer Wrote:DO any guys only hang out with 3 girls?
Gay ones. And /does/ this show have anything to do with religion, faith or God?

- Rape Fantasizer - 03-08-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:And /does/ this show have anything to do with religion, faith or God?
The main chaacter's name is Faith.

- SLASH - 03-08-2002

Quote:The main chaacter's name is Faith.

Yea, I hear that Faith chick is a real heartbreaker.

- IkeaBoy - 03-08-2002

SLASH Wrote:Yea, I hear that Faith chick is a real heartbreaker.
that line may be funnier than anything on the show

- Maynard - 03-08-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:
SLASH Wrote:Yea, I hear that Faith chick is a real heartbreaker.
that line may be funnier than anything on the show
Man, I just watched this movie again the other night. I think Edward Norton's character is hilarious. And Jenna Elfman, damn she's hot in this. There's just something funny about a priest and a rabbi being friends.

- Hey Ladi - 03-08-2002

Yes, I watched it both weeks too. I thought the first one was better, but that isn't saying much.

She has a really annoying lisp. And each character is such a stereotype. Strong/angry black girl, slut single friend, & the guy.... I don't know what his purpose is, maybe just so it isn't a snatch fest.

Oh and what is their obsession about sex & singleness, are they trying to knock off Sex in the City. Whole show was about.... "you had sex, I had sex, are we gonna have sex, I shouldn't be having sex, this shirt is slutty, you're such a slut, look at her she's a slut...." I mean come on, it's not high school here anymore.

Uck, maybe we shouldn't watch it next week, huh Angel? :lol:

- crx girl - 03-30-2002

it's on right now, hbo2