CDIH
What sort of music do you listen to? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What sort of music do you listen to? (/showthread.php?tid=6415)

Pages: 1 2

- Danked - 05-22-2003

The kind of stuff I listen to has been expanding recently, ever since I started downloading music off of Maynard's FTP. Opening my ears to more variety of music out there. Beyond my hippie music, I have a strong love of jazz and bluegrass. There are strong elements and influences of jazz behind the music of Phish and The Grateful Dead so it's only natural I enjoy it too. Along with some of the classic stuff like Dave Brubeck and Charlie Parker, I listen to more modern jazz like Medeski Martin & Wood. Now there's a pretty dinstinct line between bluegrass and country. While I like bluegrass, I have absolutely no tolerance for country music. Can't stand it, never could. There's something raw and beautiful about all those old mountain tunes though.

Edited By Danked on 1053570467

- FNMoron - 05-22-2003

...we gots both kinds of music here... country & western... :banana:

- Danked - 05-22-2003

:12:

- The Sleeper - 05-22-2003

i only listen to racist instrumental math rock

- GonzoStyle - 05-22-2003

anything except for that horrible rap stuff.

- Weird NJ - 05-22-2003

Hippie

- QuickStop - 05-22-2003

i like anything that's semi original and doesn't suck balls

- criticslovesnatch - 05-22-2003

Just about anything except country

Mostly punk, hardcore, and yes...emo.

- LyricalGomez - 05-22-2003

Mostly been blasting rap in my car and listening to classical at home

- Keyser Soze - 05-22-2003

johnny cash and willie nelson are the only country i can handle

- Hey Ladi - 05-22-2003

hardcore, classic rock, rockabilly, swing, radio pop, chick music ... I like it all

johnny cash might be the only country, and eminem the only rap, but that counts right :5:

- LZMF1 - 05-29-2003

i listen to practically every genre of music.....

- GonzoStyle - 05-29-2003

well hip hop is obvious ofcourse.

My first love was classical, then jazz.

I still listen to both but the biggest influence in my musical variety were the beatles, from them I moved onto lots of other music which was directly influenced by them.

I also love the oldies, sinatra, dean martin, james brown, etc.

I don't really have genres I like, I like everything, anything good. So mostly its I find an artist and then check them out and see their influences and on and on.

- Goatweed - 05-31-2003

primarilly Prog Metal, but I'll listen to classic rock/classic metal also. I'll pretty much listen to anything except country music - eeeeewwwwwww :crackhead:

- Is Don on the phone? - 05-31-2003

First and formost, I like what is pigeonholed as "alternative rock" - although I wonder what it is an alternative to. I like jazz, started listening in High School when I was trying to become a drummer. I grew up in a house with two country music fans (arrrrrrgh!), but I must admit I like Johnny Cash - if you never heard "One Piece at a Time" or "A Boy Named Sue" you havn't heard country music. BTW, have you heard his cover of NIN's "Hurt?"

- Goatweed - 05-31-2003

no, I haven't but I have heard a little of his music - it sounded too country, or at least what I heard did (don't ask me what it was, I don't remember).

- Arpikarhu - 05-31-2003

if you took gonzos and sleepers music collections and combined them, my taste in music is the complete opposite.

- GonzoStyle - 05-31-2003

so you like country music.

- Arpikarhu - 05-31-2003

if its pre-1965

- GonzoStyle - 05-31-2003

yeah but if you take what sleeper likes which is the opposite of anything I like, combine it with my tastes then it leaves nothing except for country. I do like Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash though.