CDIH
Why is shit so disassociated? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Why is shit so disassociated? (/showthread.php?tid=6460)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 05-28-2003

I had a job interview yesterday and maybe I am old fashioned but what the fuck happened to the interview process? I have had a few interviews over the past several years. Some have required tests in order to test your skills that may be needed for the job. Some were accounting tests and some web design whatever but it was to test you skills in the field.

Now the past couple interviews I had it wasnt even a test of skills or knowlege. It's basically a 2 minute interview and a 1 hour test that should have been the interview itself. They ask you 200 stupid ass questions, which are the same 15 basic questions reworded. It's unfair I think cause it's so void of personality and human emotion, you can't answer a computer like you can a person who is interviewing you. It's not like the recruiter was so busy anyway, he was just sitting around smoking or on the phone discussing what movies he saw and what movies he wanted to see... I shoulda reccomended him some movies I guess :2:

- Hybrid - 05-28-2003

i walked in to the store, asked if they were hiring and she told me to pick up the 5 gallon jug of chlorine and see if i could. then she told me to come in that friday to start. :5:

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-28-2003

i had to take that same exact test when i started school 2 years ago. theres some reason they give it. but i dont feel like typing a lot.

but yeah, i like my job. :5:

- Danked - 05-28-2003

Hope they didn't drug test you, stoner.

- Hybrid - 05-28-2003

nope. i didnt smoke that week at my friends house just in case though. Undecided

- Danked - 05-28-2003

I was talking to Gonzo. :39:

Edited By Danked on 1054156808

- Hybrid - 05-28-2003

:-(

- IrishAlkey - 05-28-2003

Quote:he was just sitting around smoking or on the phone discussing what movies he saw and what movies he wanted to see... I shoulda reccomended him some movies I guess

That was your in!

You had an opportunity to make the interview more personal and human and you blew it.

Way to go, Video McRental.

- Suzie - 05-28-2003

The one I had to take for my current job asked some freaky shit where I couldn't figure out what they were looking for or how the Hell it pertains to working in an office. I just found it. Here are some from the "always, sometimes, or never" section:
I find it a good idea to avoid situations that excite me too much.
If I am alone at night in a house, I tend to feel "creepy" or fearful
I have come near fainting at the sight of blood

- diceisgod - 05-28-2003

Quote:That was your in!

But there was no drug test....I'm confused.

DIG made a funny.

- Ants in My Pants - 05-28-2003

I applied for a job at a construction site. The foreman said "You can have the job, just fill this out", and handed me a shirt.

I got a job modeling pants the same way.

- Arpikarhu - 05-28-2003

for women. HO HO! HEE HEE ! HAR HAR!!

- The Sleeper - 05-28-2003

my first interview ever at Waldenbooks, He asked me why i wanted to work there, and i said "I love books and I love reading". Then he asked, "So who are your favorite authors", and I sat their silently for about 5 minutes cause i couldn't think of one author. I finally said Stephen King or something. Needless to say I didn't get the job.

What kind of questions did your parents ask at the interview before they handed over their fortune?

- Arpikarhu - 05-28-2003

Quote:I sat their silently for about 5 minutes cause i couldn't think of one author
that says a million things about you and none of them good. that is fucking pathetic.

- PatCooper - 05-28-2003

I've been sitting here for the past five minutes trying to think of some authors also. Still can't.

- Arpikarhu - 05-28-2003

the very sad thing is that i am tempted to believe you

- The Sleeper - 05-28-2003

part of it was the pressure of the fact that it was my first interview. I've read at least 3 books in my life, sheesh Rolleyes