CDIH
Did I kill the board? - please read before voting - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Did I kill the board? - please read before voting (/showthread.php?tid=6508)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

there is a theory floating around that i have killed this board.
i feel that this is not true and that if people really wanted me gone then they would just ignore me.the same people who complain about me are also the people who always read my every post and respond. The only "power" i have is the power they giv eme by reading and responding to me.
However, my opinion is of course biased and i may not be seeing things the way they truly are.
i do not want to be responsible for kiling the board. if you all think my leaving would be better for the life of the board, i will.
i am 100% serious. i have had a great time here and dont want to be the guy who fucked it all up.
please vote seriously as i will take the results seriously.
thank you.

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

by the way, i have nulled my vote

- DGW - 06-05-2003

i know what Ladi voted

itz been slow
i don't contribute much so i don't count but i have noticed that that we have lost alot of people the last 2 months
i say blame it on spring fever

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

i can guess ladis vote too. i gain solace from the fact that she probably does not have a coherent explanation as to why she voted the way she did.

- The Jays - 06-05-2003

... arpi is not the reason that people post or don't post....

- Galt - 06-05-2003

Quote:The only "power" i have is the power they giv eme by reading and responding to me.

Kid Afrika, Jr.

- Danked - 06-05-2003

No.

- Galt - 06-05-2003

you leaving wouldn't bring anyone back.

- Goatweed - 06-05-2003

Quote:No

ditto.

Edited By goatweed on 1054832629

- Hey Ladi - 06-05-2003

no need to leave, just lighten up a bit

the "you am stupid" campaign was a smashing success
you belittled & poked at people until they left, of course they may have all ready been on the verge of leaving, but still, you proded again & again

don't respond to you? who else speaks? it's quite a problem
it's true you start many threads & keep things going ... but in the end it's all negative energy

it's not so black & white as "fine, just ignore that person"
there aren't enough other people to fill that void

my two cents :Confusedhrug::

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

Quote:you belittled & poked at people
only you and OAS and you , unfortunately, stayed.

Quote:don't respond to you? who else speaks?
thats my fault?

Quote:it's not so black & white as "fine, just ignore that person"
there aren't enough other people to fill that void
again, my fault?

not trying to sway any votes, just putting in my 2 cents.

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

Quote:you leaving wouldn't bring anyone back.
who knows. maybe all of these so-called people i drove away would come back. put a post on alkeys and jacks boards that i am leaving an dmaybe tthey will all come back. if you feel that way vote yes and try it.

- Goatweed - 06-05-2003

those boards aren't exactly getting loads of posts either...not that it matters, it just seems like the slowness isn't exclusive to here.

- The Jays - 06-05-2003

... I'm not sure if it's so useful to lament about the slowness of the board, or to worry about posters leaving...

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-05-2003

who left?

- Gooch - 06-05-2003

i don't think it's your fault at all. however, i'm not sure i can ever forgive you for not picking the top vote-getter in the rename the forum poll.

- Hey Ladi - 06-05-2003

no, not all your fault ... you're just the most glaring example

the place is just negative
it's everyone's fault I guess
everyone tries to be funny all the time, instead of just letting it happen, & gets belittled for falling short ... everyday the same thing

any opinion, any comment is criticized ... :26:
but why? why does that have to be the nature of this place?
I'm not saying it should be love & flowers, but maybe ... for a day or so we could try not to tell everyone their opinion sucked?

- Danked - 06-05-2003

Arpi... don't go. :29:

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

hey, its just that more than one person has AIMed me or posted saying that i killed the board. they may be joking but after more than 2 people say it you start to wonder if there is a grain of truth to the joke. i cant look at it from the outside myself so i figured i would leave it up to you guys. after more people get a chance to vote i will take it from there.
i am not trying to turn this into some personal drama for attention. i just really like this board and dont want to be the reason it dies.

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

Quote:i'm not sure i can ever forgive you for not picking the top vote-getter in the rename the forum poll.
i did