CDIH
Did I kill the board? - please read before voting - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Did I kill the board? - please read before voting (/showthread.php?tid=6508)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-05-2003

WHO LEFT?

- Goatweed - 06-05-2003

it's not that people have left, it's more that people haven't been around in a while.

- Hey Ladi - 06-05-2003

Quote:i am not trying to turn this into some personal drama for attention.
it's so refreshing to see you speak as a real person, not a character
(awww, feel the love :34: )

as a group we've been posting far too long to do the 'persona' thing
we know waayyyy too much about each other
I hate to resort to 'why can't we all just get along' ... but some people are really ruthless little cunts ... & I thought that was just a ritual to haze new people

- The Jays - 06-05-2003

.... which people havent been around? Were they worth saving?

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

dont back pedal ladi. you voted yes, that i killed the board. have the conviction to stand by your vote.

- Hey Ladi - 06-05-2003

Quote:Were they worth saving?
yes, even if the only reason is for variety

- The Sleeper - 06-05-2003

i will explain to you now the reason the board is not as active as it once was. you know how a lot of boards get new members everyday. well i bet there haven't been 5 new members here in the last year. boards need fresh members to keep active, this makes up for the people who leave, for whatever reason. it's as simple as that. I'm not saying we need to get new members, cause i don't know where to get them, nor will i probably like them. but this is just how it is.

- DGW - 06-05-2003

you just wanted to use new as many times as possible

- Hey Ladi - 06-05-2003

I'm not back peddling

yes, I voted yes ... but I would never tell anyone to go, that's not up to me

I voted yes because you asked if you killed it
I voted yes because you're a relentless cocksucker who otherwise tarnishes a fun place with repetition & browbeating
I voted yes because you irritate me ...

you don't have to leave, you don't have to change ... everyone is irritating in their own way

I just want to have a discussion ... if everyone can lay out their problems with the way it is, maybe we can fix it
maybe someone doesn't think it's broken ... fine, then say that, but say why

- The Jays - 06-05-2003

I just did a quick scan of some old posts, and the only thing I found amusing was whatever Sleeper had said in those threads.

- LZMF1 - 06-05-2003

<div align="center"> :high five: </div>

i am of the opinion that it is grinding to a halt on it's own......noone is to shoulder the blame entirely/exclusively.

yes it's true that for the longest time the primary objective here was to berate and belittle everyone but even that got tired. like ladi.......i'd rather this place not be all happy and sunny and all about everyone loving each other....it is fun to bust balls but some take it to an extreme.

several people that i have spoken to that used to post here regulary used words like "lame" and "sad" when referring to CDIH.

whatever....i still post here. i know that certain people could care less about that but hey....who gives a fuck? i know i don't.

<div align="center"> :high five: </div>

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

Quote:I voted yes because you asked if you killed it
so, in your opinion, i killed this board. okay.

- Hey Ladi - 06-05-2003

Quote:so, in your opinion, i killed this board. okay.
there was more ... it's not so black & white

- Galt - 06-05-2003

According to the vote so far, I think it's pretty obvious.

- Goatweed - 06-05-2003

maybe it's rigged :lol:

- LyricalGomez - 06-05-2003

Quote:who left?

I'd like to know too

Personally I'm posting less mostly because of time, and I'm guessing alot of people are probablly getting busier as summer is slowly rolling around. If you really want to point to one reason posting has gone down I can do that, it's because Gonzo is busy. I mean let's face facts here, whenever he starts threads they get replies and usually wind up being at least 3 pages long, but he can't post like he used to, so of course that's gonna take a huge chunk out of the posts.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-05-2003

OMG ROFL

<-------- STILL HASNT VOTED OMFG! :fuggin:

- Goatweed - 06-05-2003

Quote:If you really want to point to one reason posting has gone down I can do that, it's because Gonzo is busy. I mean let's face facts here, whenever he starts threads they get replies and usually wind up being at least 3 pages long, but he can't post like he used to, so of course that's gonna take a huge chunk out of the posts.

I agree, but why should the board rely on Gonzo to post? I don't mean that as he shouldn't, but instead of waiting for him to post, why not start your own? It seems there are way more repliers than posters.

- LyricalGomez - 06-05-2003

I'm not saying it should, I'm just giving a reason why posting has probablly slowed down. I could be totally wrong but it doesn't seem coincidental that whenever he appears and starts threads there is an explosion in posting.

- Goatweed - 06-05-2003

no, you're right - I just feel it doesn't need to be like that.