CDIH
Klitchsko may now get his shot at Lewis finally. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Klitchsko may now get his shot at Lewis finally. (/showthread.php?tid=6535)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 06-07-2003

Lennox Lewis was scheduled to fight Kirk Johnson on June 21st, Johnson would have been Lewis' first fight since whupping Mike Tyson last year on June 8th. Johnson is a formidable foe, who wouldn't be giving away much in size like many others have to lewis and is a pretty good boxer. Lewis' lone belt, the wbc championship wouldn't have been on the line since Tyson is still in line for a rematch and Johnson is not the #1 contender in that division.

Tyson refused to fight lewis at this point because he knows it will just be a repeat of June 8th again at this point, he wants atleast 3 more fights under his belt before facing lewis.

Lewis is only sticking around for a second tyson fight cause he'd be guaranteed atleast 20 million, he made 35 last time.

But Kirk Johnson tore his pectoral muscle during training for this upcoming fight and hasn't been medically cleared. He will need atleast 6 weeks to heal up and then would need more time to train so he won't be ready till september.

Lewis needs a fight now, he's been inactive for over a year. So since Vitaly Klitchsko was already on the undercard for this fight, he may now get his long awaited shot at Lewis, Klitchsko is the #1 contender for Lewis' belt but he wouldn't be fighting for the belt either. yet if he beats Lewis' he would undoubtably be recognized as the Linear champion by everyone. Lewis hasnt fought in a year and even then he wasnt tested, its been a while and he could be prime for an upset. That's a lot of hoping though, klitschko while strong, big and skilled has no heart and if pushed too far will quit as he did against Chris Byrd and David Tua.

- Gooch - 06-07-2003

i think it maybe some Don King shill instead.

- GonzoStyle - 06-07-2003

Lewis will get blasted by all his supporters if he takes on a tomato can at this point in his career. If he doesn't fight a top 10 contender, he will lose any credibility which he has started losing already by not fighting in over a year already. Everyone knows he is only sticking around for a Tyson payday and they are content with that cause of all he has done in the past but no one will stand for him fighting a no one especially after him refusing to fight WBA champ Chris Byrd to unify the titles cause Lewis said "the fight will be boring and the public won't be interested".

- PatCooper - 06-07-2003

No way will they put klitchsko against lewis for a free hbo fight. everyone knows thats a pay per view fight all the way. my guess is byrd will take johnsons place.

And I've read that Lewis has said that he isnt gonna fight tyson again. He wants Jones instead.

- Gooch - 06-07-2003

And Evander wants Jones, as well. Jones seems to want Evander, too. This is suddenly becoming a love triangle.

- PatCooper - 06-07-2003

Lewis beats byrd. then he fights klitchsko.
Jones and Holyfield will fight sometime this winter. october or november. jones wins of course
then lewis fights jones.

problem solved

- Arpikarhu - 06-07-2003

except, lewis is afraid of klitchsko and would never fight jones cause he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. he wins , he is supposed to. he loses and his legacy is dog shit

- PatCooper - 06-07-2003

your opinion is meaningless to me on the topic of boxing.

- Arpikarhu - 06-07-2003

let me guess, because i think the gatti-ward fight is a joke?

- PatCooper - 06-07-2003

howd ya guess. the fight is good for the sport. and the fans get to watch 2 great fighters who wanna kill each other actually fight instead of dance around and hug and kiss.

- PatCooper - 06-07-2003

And lewis might be afraid to fight Klitchsko but he knows he has too. he's the number 1 contender and the boxing world is wants them to fight. the fight will happen this year. some say december.

- Arpikarhu - 06-07-2003

Quote:2 great fighters
brawlers, maybe.

Quote:the fight is good for the sport
i think its bad for the sport because it has nothing to do with the fine art of boxing.

- PatCooper - 06-07-2003

at one time in gatti's career he was a "boxer". and yes now he's a puncher. being a puncher doesnt make you a "brawler." he can box and he can punch. that makes him a great fighter.

- Arpikarhu - 06-07-2003

<!-- spoilerKillit --><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#000000" size="1">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):</font>
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#ffffff" size="1"><!-- spoilerKillitEnd --><!--txtStart-->keep this to yourself, but i am looking forward to the fight. i just say that stuff to piss off gonzo. hee hee.<!--txtEnd--><!-- spoilerKillit --></td></tr></table><!-- spoilerKillitEnd -->

- PatCooper - 06-07-2003

I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5:

- Arpikarhu - 06-07-2003

what are you talking about? that gatti-ward fight is bad for the sport. its gonna ruin...........aw, forget it.

- GonzoStyle - 06-08-2003

Quote:No way will they put klitchsko against lewis for a free hbo fight. everyone knows thats a pay per view fight all the way. my guess is byrd will take johnsons place.

And I've read that Lewis has said that he isnt gonna fight tyson again. He wants Jones instead.

You've confused Vitaly Kiltschko with Wladimir Klitschko. Vitaly is the older brother of Waldimir who was viewed as Lewis' only challange in the Division... that is until he was beaten down like a dog in 2 rounds by a unknown journeyman. The thing that fight proved was what everyone knew all along, when you matched Wladimir against a man who came forward and had a punch, he would end up on his back. Wladimir Klistchkos style is tailor made for lewis, he comes forward and keeps his chin wide open, Lewis would have a field day with Wladimir.

Wherever you read that Lewis does not want tyson, they have as much boxing knowlege and sense as the arpi who likes pushing my buttons on the subject. Lewis would have retired on June 9, 2002 if not for the lucrative ideal of a fight with Tyson.

Does he want to fight Jones? Ofcourse he does and if Jones beats Holyfield then the money goes up even more for a Jones Vs. Lewis fight.

But Take this into consideration, Jones beat John Ruiz. Jones has pulled out of fights with heavyweights before and has been known to dangle around with negotiations. Emauel Stewart started the rumor of a Jones Vs. Lewis match, Stewart trains Lewis. Lewis wants the fight cause it will be a cake walk and he will reap an untold fortune. Jones can yap all he wants but jones at 5' 9" and 195 pounds can whup a paper champ spic and a 40 year old has been. BUt against 6' 6" and 260 pounds of pure boxing talent, jones stands no chance, none, nada.

Plus if boxing was simply based on sweet knowlege and pure boxing, we'd have to remove joe louis, jack johnson, marciano, dempsy, frazier, foreman, holmes, and a few others out of the rankings of best heavyweight champs of all times.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

i never said that lewis didnt want to fight tyson. i know he does.

- GonzoStyle - 06-08-2003

I was replying to Pat Coopers statement, my punim.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

but you threw me in in a n unflattering manner.