CDIH
my night at shea - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: my night at shea (/showthread.php?tid=6667)

Pages: 1 2

- Arpikarhu - 06-23-2003

so Hairspray the musical is sending a couple of kids to do the anthem tonight and i get to tag along. it was awesome!!
i was in the tunnel under the stadium in the green room. every yankee walked by . i met ventura, giambi, jeter, all of them. got pics with them. got autographs from them all. then i walked out onto the field during the mike check. it was incredible. they gave us field box seats, free seat cushions, and comped us all of our beer and dogs. i went back downstairs to use the john and got my pic with mr met, but the best part was that you could look right down the tunnel onto the field and it looked like wells was throwing the ball right at you as you stood there. i never thought i would say this, but the yanks winning, while great, was the least exciting part of the whole thing!!! what a night!!!!

- Zootybang - 06-23-2003

You stepped foot In Shea stadium?

Fag.

- Arpikarhu - 06-23-2003

wearing a matsui shirt , a yankee wind breaker and a yankee hat.
a cool story: matsui walks by and i turn around to show him the name on my jersey, he waves. i asked a jap girl i know how to say sign my ball please in japanese in case i saw him during the spring. i remember it and say it, he comes over and signs my ball. i rock!!!

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-23-2003

isnt john franco amazing?

- Arpikarhu - 06-23-2003

i was on the fucking field!!!!
it was awesome!!!
i am so stoked!!!
none of you can ever ruin this for me so either enjoy it with me or begone!!!

- Zootybang - 06-23-2003

I think he has learned what "Sign my ball" means In English by now.
True story. I have a rich cousin ( Who, for whatever reason, I have called "Aunt" all my life. Not sure why)
Anyway, she bought me and my dad mets season tickets, and me a mets starter jacket for my birthday In '84 or '85. She didn't know what team we liked.
we went to 0 games, and I conveniently forgot my jacket at Waterbury park playing basketball the day after I got It. Living In the Bronx, wearing a Mets jacket was akin to screaming "Nigger" In the projects.
I also have a Yankee tattoo.

Thus then, you're still a fag.

you are ungreatful!

- Zootybang - 06-23-2003

No, I hate the mets. I said thank you.

- Arpikarhu - 06-23-2003

Quote:I think he has learned what "Sign my ball" means In English by now.
but i said it in japanese. in japanese!!!

Quote:Living In the Bronx, wearing a Mets jacket was akin to screaming "Nigger" In the projects.
but i was wearing a yankees jacket and hat in shea. are you even reading my posts?
whatever, it still ruled!! i was on the field, met and got pics with all of the yanks, and got free beer and dogs. WOO HOO!!!!!!

- Zootybang - 06-23-2003

But It was still IN SHEA, thus completely nullifying any coolness.
If you gave head to the Yanks starting lineup, you'd still be In Shea.

Fag.

hed also be your idol

- Zootybang - 06-23-2003

My Idol Is whoever created your avatar.

so your idol is most likely a computer nerd :thumbs-up:

- Goatweed - 06-23-2003

while that sounds like a cool experience, you have to admit it would've been a million times better if you had been on the field at The Stadium.

Post those pics!

- Galt - 06-23-2003

I don't believe you.

- Arpikarhu - 06-23-2003

Quote:while that sounds like a cool experience, you have to admit it would've been a million times better if you had been on the field at The Stadium.
this is true , but it was still a great night. the fact that we didnt see a single met in the tunnel and almost every yankee helped to nullify the stadium effect.

Quote:I don't believe you.
i dont care. i cant wait for the sox to pick up benitez.

- Galt - 06-23-2003

I can't wait for the Yankees starting rotation to collectively break their hip due to osteoperosis

- Arpikarhu - 06-23-2003

say what you will but the sox are falling back and i still had an awesome night!! :21:

- GonzoStyle - 06-24-2003

I am so proud of you my punim, I will tell all my bitch ass met fan friends your tale and laugh at them as they stand their in awe of my buddy and his majestic experience.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 06-24-2003

No Joke about being a Mets fan living in The Bronx. I got a bottle thrown at me walking home from the subway station one afternoon during the subway series in 2000. What amazed me is one day some little kid one day yelled out of his car "METS SUCK!!!" I'm shaking my head cause this kid couldn't have been older than 9 and his parents didn't do anything that I could see. Just proves my point that a number of those yankee fans have no class. On another note, Let's go Cyclones...they're gonna be more entertaining then the Mets. Just waiting on my Cyclones jersey. Oh and by the way Arpi, glad you had a good time.