CDIH
Countdown to march madness... - Who's going to the final four? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Countdown to march madness... - Who's going to the final four? (/showthread.php?tid=667)

Pages: 1 2

- criticslovesnatch - 03-04-2002

Well the college basketball regular season is over, and the conference tourneys are about to start. With Selection Sunday a week away, who do you think is going to Atlanta?

Who you rooting for, and where you think they will be seeded?

if you don't know who I'm rooting for, then you just haven't been paying attention very well now have you? :bouncer: The Terps should get a 1 seed after winning the ACC regular season, and will probably be in the east if they manage win the ACC tourney. Duke and Kansas should get 1 seeds too, and depending on what happens this week, either Cincinnati, Oklahoma or Alabama will get the 4th top seed.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Oh yes, and of course the obligatory...

:burnfucker: FUCK DUKE!! :burnfucker:

- The Sleeper - 03-04-2002

I got Eastern Michigan under my Mountain Dew cap, and if they win I get an official NCAA jersey, so I'll be rooting for them.

Other than that, I dunno, I usually don't start following the season til this point. Duke looks very vulnerable, but I still think they are better than UMD overall. The Zags might just make the final 4 this year as a 2 or 3 seed. Then you figure Kansas will be there even though they always choke come tournament time. And I'll say Bobby Knight and Texas Tech as a sleeper team (7 or 8 seed) that has a shot. That would be a great story. So Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga, and Texas Tech as my final 4, subject to change come seedings and such.

The thing about Duke (trying to be objective here) is that in the two non-maryland loses they really didn't play all that bad. In the FSU game they played well enough to win, except that that couldn't hit a free throw to save their lives. In the Virginia game they dominated for 33 minutes, and then decided all together that they wanted to stop playing. They still are, unfortunately, the team to beat, because most times when they come to play they are the toughest guys out there.

but the terps still dominated them at cole, and they can win again :dead:
(what you can't expect me to be THAT objective)

- Francine Banger - 03-04-2002

I can think of one team that is really really pissing me off and playing like such shit, and if they dont beat Villanova on Wednesday may not even make the Tournament after being ranked in the Top 10 a couple of months ago.

On the flip side, if the Cuse can beat Villanova on Wednesday, I think they will beat Connecticut on Thursday, once they have the pressure off them and can go out and play. But if they lose on Wednesday and dont make the Tourney, It will be the ultimate College Basketball collapse.

- Metalfan - 03-04-2002

Francine Banger Wrote:On the flip side, if the Cuse can beat Villanova on Wednesday, I think they will beat Connecticut on Thursday, once they have the pressure off them and can go out and play. But if they lose on Wednesday and dont make the Tourney, It will be the ultimate College Basketball collapse.
FB, this would be different than any other gah damned mother fucking year how? They have actually disgusted me to the point where I don't even watch their games. This is the first year in 15 fucking years where I did not see at least half of their games......they suck moose twat!!!

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Confusedeph: Confusedeph: Confusedeph:

- Sean Cold - 03-04-2002

I think Kentucky has a good chance to make the final four. They just seem to have a real bad habit of playing down to a team's level at times. This is Prince's last chance and I think he will shine.

- Keyser Soze - 03-04-2002

What are the chances that Rutgers will be invited? I'll be rooting for my alma mater as a Cinderalla pick if they do get a chance to go to the dance. Too early for me to pick my final four just yet so i'm gonna have to come back for that.

- Francine Banger - 03-04-2002

Metalfan Wrote:FB, this would be different than any other gah damned mother fucking year how?
Granted they always start off strong and fade. But it is different because they dont collapse this much.

Keyser Soze Wrote:What are the chances that Rutgers will be invited? I'll be rooting for my alma mater as a Cinderalla pick if they do get a chance to go to the dance. Too early for me to pick my final four just yet so i'm gonna have to come back for that.
unless they win the big east tournament, chances are Rutgers will be playing in the NIT. They have had a great season though.

Oh and FB and Metal, it could be worse...you could be Virginia fans :roflmao:

Edited By criticslovesnatch on Mar. 04 2002 at 2:22

- Skitchr4u - 03-04-2002

Quote:or Alabama

didn't they lose again last night? not that it is a season killer or anything, but i don't see them getting a 1 seed after losing a late season game to a team outside the top 15, but they did lose by more than 20 points...i honestly don't have picks for the final four right now, but wouldn't be suprised to see 2 acc teams get there along with kansas. Would love to see gonzaga or marquette get deep into the tournament, at least the elite 8

Skitchr4u Wrote:
Quote:or Alabama

didn't they lose again last night? not that it is a season killer or anything, but i don't see them getting a 1 seed after losing a late season game to a team outside the top 15
by that token, duke wouldn't be a #1 seed either after dropping one to virginia. The SEC is rated the toughest conference in the nation, and if Alabama wins the conference tournament I'd say they get the one seed.

- Sean Cold - 03-04-2002

criticslovesnatch Wrote:by that token, duke wouldn't be a #1 seed either after dropping one to virginia. The SEC is rated the toughest conference in the nation, and if Alabama wins the conference tournament I'd say they get the one seed.
I am telling you guys, don't count out Kentucky just yet. They have a good squad plus they to got a first round bye in the SEC tourney for beating Florida saturday.

- Faceman - 03-06-2002

Don't forget to watch for Kansas. Before Maryland beat Duke, Kansas was being touted as the one team that could take Duke in the tourney and going undefeated in your conference, no matter which one it is, is no easy feat.

- criticslovesnatch - 03-07-2002

well 'cuse lost to villanova...in all probability no bid for them

as for kansas, they'll choke like they always do, i say they make it to the sweet 16 then drop a game.

and as for kentucky, I think they'll get a 3 or 4 seed or so, win a few games, and then get pasted by a team like Maryland :bouncer:

- Faceman - 03-07-2002

criticslovesnatch Wrote:well 'cuse lost to villanova...in all probability no bid for them

as for kansas, they'll choke like they always do, i say they make it to the sweet 16 then drop a game.

and as for kentucky, I think they'll get a 3 or 4 seed or so, win a few games, and then get pasted by a team like Maryland :bouncer:
Not for nothing, but I've been a Maryland fan for a while now and they've done their share of choking in the tourney too, usually it coincides with me picking them to make the final 4, go figure. I hope they can turn it around this year at least, this is the best UM team I've seen since Bias was around.

- criticslovesnatch - 03-07-2002

Faceman Wrote:
criticslovesnatch Wrote:well 'cuse lost to villanova...in all probability no bid for them

Not for nothing, but I've been a Maryland fan for a while now and they've done their share of choking in the tourney too, usually it coincides with me picking them to make the final 4, go figure. I hope they can turn it around this year at least, this is the best UM team I've seen since Bias was around.
Well...yeah

but like you said, this is a better UMD team than most have been in the past too.

The Play-in game for the ACC tourney is today between florida state and clemson, to decide who is gonna lose to maryland tomorrow :lol:

- Faceman - 03-08-2002

Well St. John's sure showed up tonight didn't they? I guess they still get in the tourney and the Big East gets 5 with BC having a shot at making it 6 for the league. A better showing against Pitt today would have helped them alot.

- AFDude - 03-08-2002

I can't friggin believe BC lost to Pitt. Even if they do make it now, I can't see BC advancing past the Sweet 16...

Edited By AFDude on Mar. 08 2002 at 01:01

- Faceman - 03-08-2002

AFDude Wrote:I can't friggin believe BC lost to Pitt. Even if they do make it now, I can't see them advancing past the Sweet 16...
I don't know dude, Pitt is a better team than they get credit for. Just because they don't get national play like other teams doesn't mean they aren't talented. I can see them going sweet 16 as a #4 seed if they win the Big East tourney.

- Francine Banger - 03-08-2002

AFDude Wrote:I can't friggin believe BC lost to Pitt.
Yeah well considering that Pitt is ranked in the Top 10, has been consistent all year, while BC has underachieved all year, and Pitt is much better than BC..... I cant friggin believe it either!!