CDIH
Coor's Stadium - get out the VCR... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Coor's Stadium - get out the VCR... (/showthread.php?tid=6732)

- diceisgod - 07-02-2003

I am going to see the Rockies and the D-backs tomorrow evening at Coor's field. I'll be the drunk guy along the third base line side in the Phillies jersey (not sure how far deep back from the field though). You know you'll be paying extra attention to those Sportscenter highlights admit it. Pics from the game on the way.

- Keyser Soze - 07-02-2003

pfffft. i was on diamond vision at the mets game monday night. ask WBK and Sleeper. Sleeper actually sat in my seat last night.

they let me come up to the booth and do play by play and put me up on the screen. i rule!

- The Sleeper - 07-02-2003

Quote:Sleeper actually sat in my seat last night.
not only that, i sat next to a Froy lookalike

- HollywoodJewMoses - 07-02-2003

LOL OMG WAS HE WITH A HORSE?!!!?!?

they broke up, duh

- Danked - 07-02-2003

That horse led me behind a tree to show me her Froy underwear. I had no clue who she was. It was really weird.

froy underwear might be the saddest thing ever

- Danked - 07-02-2003

They were kind of nice actually. For underwear that said Froy on them, that is.

- Arpikarhu - 07-02-2003

i was on the field at shea and... well you know the story.

- Galt - 07-03-2003

Quote:
DENVER -- At least 20 people were injured when a crowded Coors Field escalator suddenly accelerated after a Colorado Rockies game Wednesday night, fire officials said.

Emergency workers move an injured person to an ambulance from the scene of the escalator malfunction.

Assistant Fire Chief Larry Trujillo said most of the injuries were fractures, cuts and bruises. He said none appeared to be critical.

Cherri Brownfield was on the escalator, near the end, when it sped up.

"It's like it had no brakes and everybody was just piling up at the end of it,'' she said. "People were just falling on each other.''

The escalator was carrying fans from the upper level to the street after Colorado beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 6-2. The game was followed by a fireworks show.

Alex Frenier, a vendor at Coors Field, said people were screaming and falling down.

"I saw people's heads all hitting each other,'' he said. "I heard people's bodies banging against that thing.''

Nick Nossinger was watching the fireworks and saw the accident.

"People were just sliding down like an avalanche,'' he said.

The accident occurred at about 10:20 p.m., just after the fireworks ended, Rockies spokesman Jay Alves said.

Paramedics stationed at the stadium began treating the injured and called for help, said Tom Cribley, paramedic supervisor for Denver Health Medical Center. Eight ambulances took patients to four hospitals, he said.

Engineers examined the escalator and found no sign of structural failure, Trujillo said. City building inspectors planned to check for mechanical problems Thursday morning, he said.

Alves said Thursday night's game between the Diamondbacks and Rockies will go on as scheduled. He said the stadium's other escalators would be looked over before the game.

Coors Field has six escalators.

- diceisgod - 07-03-2003

The building must be cleansed in blood for my arrival.

- diceisgod - 07-03-2003

OMG I almost forgot (my dick is like on bone) I'll be 8 rows behind the D-Backs bench and as handsome as ever. After this all I have to do is get a picture of myself next to the Columbine High School sign and I'll have seen all that's worth seeing in this shit kickin state.

- Goatweed - 07-03-2003

well, have fun! :thumbs-up:

- Galt - 07-03-2003

make sure to stop by Galt's Gulch. That's in Colorado too.

- GonzoStyle - 07-03-2003

Quote:Coors Field escalator suddenly speeds up, spilling fans, injuring 20

By JOHN MOSSMAN, AP Sports Writer
July 3, 2003

AP - Jul 3, 2:12 am EDT
More Photos

DENVER (AP) -- The Colorado Rockies shut down all their stadium escalators for Thursday's night's game, one day after a three-story-high escalator apparently malfunctioned and tossed dozens of screaming baseball fans into a heap.

At least 32 people were injured, and nine remained hospitalized, authorities said Thursday. Assistant Fire Chief Larry Trujillo said most injuries were fractures, cuts and bruises, and none appeared to be critical.

``It's like it had no brakes and everybody was just piling up at the end of it,'' said Cherri Brownfield, who was on the escalator Wednesday night following a game and fireworks show.

The escalator was carrying people from the upper deck to street level at about 10:20 p.m. Game attendance was a near-capacity 47,032, and most had stayed for the fireworks.

Inspectors who looked at the escalator after the accident found nothing to explain what happened, Trujillo said.

Officials with Kone Corp., which installed and maintains the escalators, were working with city building inspectors Thursday.

a day early.

- Suzie - 07-03-2003

and five posts too late.

- GonzoStyle - 07-03-2003

:30: