CDIH
A's next stud pitcher - ....get to the free agent pool - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: A's next stud pitcher - ....get to the free agent pool (/showthread.php?tid=6895)

Pages: 1 2 3

- DGW - 07-22-2003

Rich Harden got his first MLB start last nite
get to your fantasy sites and pick this kid up if yah haven't already
maybe Billy Bean is God

- GonzoStyle - 07-22-2003

This guy better be aces pally!!!

- DGW - 07-22-2003

well Bean has been pretty good so far with Mulder, Hudson, and Zito
i'm in a keeper league and one team picked this guy up 3 weeks ago
he's supposed to be the number 1 pitching prospect in all of baseball

- GonzoStyle - 07-22-2003

I don't want any if's, I just picked him up in the league he better deliver pal!!!

- DGW - 07-22-2003

<<<<<<<< not the fantasy guru

- HedCold - 07-22-2003

supposedly he's better then the 3 pitchers they have now

- Galt - 07-22-2003

He's good. He's no Prior. But he's good. He was a 17th round pick so it's not like he's been some uber prospect.

He throws in the high 90s but he's had a history of control problems, which is never a good sign for a 21 year old coming into the majors. He walks a few people, then he gets nervous because Giambi's up with two on, and fucks the whole thing up.

He's definately a solid pitcher and worth picking up. But he's going to be facing Seattle and Texas' lineups a lot during the rest of the year so I wouldn't count on him being a savior.

Current Comparison MLB: Brad Penny

- Keyser Soze - 07-22-2003

i'll await arpi's approval before i work the phones.

- DGW - 07-22-2003

Quote:Current Comparison MLB: Brad Penny
ehh, that aint so good

- Galt - 07-22-2003

DGW Wrote:
Quote:Current Comparison MLB: Brad Penny
ehh, that aint so good
He'll have some monster games (which last night wasn't one) and then other nights he won't be able to throw the ball over the plate.

He's got, as they say, "great stuff", but I can't imagine him coming out of the gate being amazing.

Shit, you want to be scared about him? Go look at Mark Mulder's stats from his first year in the big leagues. If I'm not mistaken his ERA was around 5

- HedCold - 07-22-2003

Quote:He was a 17th round pick so it's not like he's been some uber prospect.
oakland also drafted a fat ass catcher in the first round who no one else wanted and he's tearing up the minors. we all know what an exact science scouting is

- Galt - 07-22-2003

HedCold Wrote:
Quote:He was a 17th round pick so it's not like he's been some uber prospect.
oakland also drafted a fat ass catcher in the first round who no one else wanted and he's tearing up the minors. we all know what an exact science scouting is
If no one wanted him, then why did they waste a first round pick on him? Sounds pretty fucking stupid of your hero Billy Beane to do that.

- Keyser Soze - 07-22-2003

this duncan kid on the mets has an OBP over .500, he has incredible patience at the plate for a rookie, he's walked like 9 times in 30 at bats. he's already got a homer as well.

- HedCold - 07-22-2003

Quote:If no one wanted him, then why did they waste a first round pick on him? Sounds pretty fucking stupid of your hero Billy Beane to do that.
because he didn't care. he got the players he wanted and didn't have to pay some million dollar signing bonus or go through an agent. plus the kid will work harder because he sees that billy beane actually sees something in him and he's not just a "wasted" last round pick

- Galt - 07-22-2003

why don't you just marry him, then.

- HedCold - 07-22-2003

dgw was the one who said he might be a god...

also that year the a's had 7 first round picks, so it didn't really hurt

- DGW - 07-22-2003

Quote:last round pick
there's alot more then 17 rounds in a baseball draft

- HedCold - 07-22-2003

who said the 17th round was the last one?

- Galt - 07-22-2003

HedCold + Billy Beane 4EVA

- HedCold - 07-22-2003

shhh, don't tell joobies ;-)