CDIH
Favorite lines in movies - 1000 tee hee - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Favorite lines in movies - 1000 tee hee (/showthread.php?tid=692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- NaughtyAngel - 03-05-2002

i have a lot but i will only post a few for right now...

From "A Few Good Men"
of course the famous

KAFFEE
I want the truth.

JESSEP
You can't handle the truth!
as well as
KAFFEE
Santiago was leaving for the
rest of his life, and he hadn't called a
soul and he hadn't packed a thing. Can
you explain that?

From "The Blues Brothers"
"We're on a mission from god"
and if i quoted anymore from that movie it would be the whole thing, its my favorite movie

"The Fifth Element"
KORBIN
Look, I only speak two languages. English and Bad English.

"American Beauty"
Carolyn Burnham
Uh, who's car is that out front?

Lester Burnham
Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!

"American Psycho"
just a few there is way too much

Waiter
Would you like to hear today's specials?

Patrick Bateman
Not if you want to keep your spleen.

Patrick Bateman
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

thats it for now, there will be more as more people post

- Luna - 03-05-2002

I don't know about favorite, but, this one reminds me of a couple coffee drinkers here:

The Fly
Gina Davis to Brundle Fly:

"Would you like some coffee with your sugar"?

- BeckyDC - 03-05-2002

Danny Vinyard: "Life is too short to be pissed all the time."
~American History X

- virgingrrl - 03-05-2002

Talking about love is like dancing about architecture...but that's not going to stop me from trying...
-playing by heart <3

- Hybrid - 03-05-2002

gladiator:

Maximus: My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

the crow:

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children.

It can't rain all the time...

rocky:

"What's happening out there?"- Duke "He's winning, I see three of him out there."- Rocky "Hit the one in the middle."- Pauly "Right! Hit the one in the middle!"-Duke

i'll find some more later.

- Hey Ladi - 03-06-2002

Moonstruck:

RONNY: Come upstairs. I don't care why
you come. No, that's not what I
mean. Loretta, I love you. Not
like they told you love is and I
didn't know this either. But love
don't make things nice, it ruins
everything, it breaks your heart,
it makes things a mess. We're not
here to make things perfect.
Snowflakes are perfect. The stars
are perfect. Not us. We are here
to ruin ourselves and break our
hearts and love the wrong people
and die! The storybooks are
bullshit. Come upstairs with me,
baby! Don't try to live your life
out to somebody else's idea of
sweet happiness. Don't try to
live on milk and cookies when what
you want is meat! Red meat just
like me! It's wolves run with
wolves and nothing else! You're a
wolf just like me! Come upstairs
with me and get in my bed! Come
on! Come on! Come on!

Rose: Old Man, you give that dog another piece of my food and I'll kick you till you're dead.

Rose: Whatta ya doin'? Your live is goin' down the toilet!

(I love that movie)

- Luna - 03-06-2002

Hey Ladi Wrote:Moonstruck:

RONNY: Come upstairs. I don't care why
you come. No, that's not what I
mean. Loretta, I love you. Not
like they told you love is and I
didn't know this either. But love
don't make things nice, it ruins
everything, it breaks your heart,
it makes things a mess. We're not
here to make things perfect.
Snowflakes are perfect. The stars
are perfect. Not us. We are here
to ruin ourselves and break our
hearts and love the wrong people
and die! The storybooks are
bullshit. Come upstairs with me,
baby! Don't try to live your life
out to somebody else's idea of
sweet happiness. Don't try to
live on milk and cookies when what
you want is meat! Red meat just
like me! It's wolves run with
wolves and nothing else! You're a
wolf just like me! Come upstairs
with me and get in my bed! Come
on! Come on! Come on!

Rose: Old Man, you give that dog another piece of my food and I'll kick you till you're dead.

Rose: Whatta ya doin'? Your live is goin' down the toilet!

(I love that movie)
I love that movie, too, and that is a great quote from it. I also like the one where the brother of her soon-to-be husband says "I'm in love with you". She smacks him in the face and says: "Snap out of it!"

- Brokenjaw - 03-06-2002

Forrest Gump

Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?
Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!
Drill Sergeant: God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump.

Goodfellas (1990)

Henry Hill: [narrating] One day the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect.

Henry Hill: [narrating] Thirty-two hundred dollars he gave me. Thirty-two hundred dollars for a lifetime. It wasn't even enough to pay for the coffin.

Tommy: What the fuck are you doing? You're hanging around my fuckin' neck like a vulture, like impending death!

Tommy: You know Spider, you're a fuckin' mumbling stuttering little prick. You know that?

- Galt - 03-06-2002

Wow, nothing from Office Space, PCU, or A Kevin Smith Movie. Hopefully it stays that way, as those are always overly quoted....

These are all pretty obvious and from memory so they might not be completely accurate
-------
"The point, ladies and gentlemen, is that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. It cuts through, clarifies, and captures the essense of the evolutionary spirit. Since the beginning of time, greed has marked the upward surge of mankind."
-------
"Would you be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance just one chance to...."(when I think of risks in that context, there really isn't much I don't chance now. Since I'll regret things I didn't do more than things I did when it's my turn in the box)
-----
"Do you like apples?
Well, I got her number, how do you like them apples?"
-----
"I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"
-----
the only one that some people might not have seen..."Happiness"

11 year old: "Would you ever.....fuck......me?"
his father: "No, I jerk off instead"
------

- The Sleeper - 03-06-2002

Galt Wrote:Wow, nothing from Office Space, PCU, or A Kevin Smith Movie. Hopefully it stays that way, as those are always overly quoted....
:fuckoff:

"What's a nubian?"

"I hope it feels so good to be right. There is nothing more exhilirating that pointing out the shortcomings of others is there?"

"Keaton always said 'I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him.' Well I believe in God,and the only thing that scares me, is Keyser Soze"

"Somtimes you just gotta say 'What the fuck'"

Quote:"I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Also one of my favorites, but I like the full quote:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

<font color="white">

Edited By The Sleeper on Mar. 06 2002 at 04:18

- Arthur Dent - 03-06-2002

Sgt. A. Apone: This place is dead. Whatever happened here, I think we missed it.
-Aliens (or was it a newbie off in the distance...)

- Luna - 03-06-2002

From Mad Max - Beyond Thunderdome:

<center>"Bust a deal and face the wheel"
-------------------------------
"Two men enter...one man leaves"
-------------------------------
"I know you won't break the rules...there aren't any"</center>

- Sean Cold - 03-06-2002

Breakfast Club Does Barry Manilow Know you raided his wardrobe?

Flatliners Die to be a hero someday but dont die to be a celebrity

Dead Poets Society The meek may inherit the earth but they don't get in to Harvard.

Dazed and Confused Mount Vernon, he grew it all over the country, man. He had people growin it all over the country. You know the whole country back then was getting high. Let me tell you man, cause cause cause he knew he was on to something, man. He knew it would be a good cash crop for the southern states, man. So he grew fields of it, man. But you know what, behind every good man theres a woman and that woman was Martha Washington, man. And everyday George would come home and she'd have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man. She was a hip hip hip lady. And she was real cool too, she'd harvest the crops, man, thats what I'm talking about. She put in the the bushels and stuff and sell it you know. Because they had to, you know, make ends meet and stuff. Did you ever look at a dollar bill man? Theres some spooky stuff going on on a dollar bill, man. I mean, and its green too.

- Bondgirl - 03-06-2002

I can smell a lie like a fart in a car
Pump Up The Volume

- Sean Cold - 03-06-2002

Happy Gilmore Shooter: You're in big trouble, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!
Happy: You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

Hey, if I saw myself in clothes like those, I'd have to kick my own ass.

Shooter: Just stay out of my way, or you'll pay. Listen to what I say!
Happy: How 'bout I just go eat some hay? I could make things out of clay and lay by the bay, I just may. What do you say?

- JIMMYSNUKA - 03-06-2002

MASON: Are you sure you're ready for this?
GOODSPEED: I'll do my best

MASON: Your best. Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

GOODSPEED: Carla was the prom queen.

MASON: Really?

GOODSPEED: Yeah.

The Rock

- Spitfire - 03-06-2002

I love that Dazed and Confused line Sean!
here's another one: (can't remember who said it)
-Man, you couldn't handle that shit on strong acid...
and
- Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Clerks which I've said many, many times...
Randal Graves: This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
-We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
(what a weekend!!! :fuggin: )
- Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?!

- Galt - 03-06-2002

The Sleeper Wrote:"Somtimes you just gotta say 'What the fuck'"...
..."make your move"

How did I forget that one!! I use that all the time

Godfather 2
I don't want to kill everyone Tom, just my enemies. That's all.

Liar Liar
I'm so glad my gift could bring them closer together. My plan to phase myself out is almost complete!

Also from other movies here
Flatliners
"Today's a good day to die"

Dazed & Confused
"This place used to be off limits man 'cause some drunk freshman fell right down the middle smacking his head on every beam man. Autopsy said he only had one beer, how many did you have?
Four.
You're dead man, you're so dead."

Pump Up the Volume
"In real life I could be that anonymous nerd sitting across from you in chem lab, staring at you so hard. Then when you turn around he tries to smile, but the smile just comes out all wrong. You just think, "How pathetic." Then he just looks away, and never looks back at you again."

- Doc - 03-06-2002

Quote:- Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Probably my favorite quote, ever :bouncer:

I hate to go the Kevin Smith route, but I love this:

Brodie: It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry his child?
T.S.: Sure, why not?
Brodie: He's an alien, for christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom, and that would kill him.

And my all-time favorite movie (this week)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Isms in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an ism...he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon: "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." A good point there. Of course, he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off of people.

- Bondgirl - 03-06-2002

Look out there and tell me what you see. Nothing. Nothing piled upon fucking nothing. It's like fucking Jesus Christ took a shit and it landed right here!

SLC Punk