CDIH
terrell davis and tony boselli - hall of famers, or just too short? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: terrell davis and tony boselli - hall of famers, or just too short? (/showthread.php?tid=6973)

- fbd - 07-25-2003

two of the most dominating players in the 90s retired this week(davis didn't officially, but the broncos released him today). both of them were incredible at their positions and dominated defenses for the 7 years they played, and they both would have been a no brainer for the hall if they hadn't been stopped short.

personally, i think they both still deserve it despite their short time in the league, like gale sayers. boselli was a five time pro-bowler and was the first pick of an expansion team. his play was incredible, almost never beaten by an end. he was the epitome of a left tackle, and even managed to play at his incredible level through injury. davis put up one of the 4 biggest rushing seasons ever, and won a league and super bowl mvp. he too played through pain, as he suffered from intense migranes yet still went onto the field(during one of the super bowls, he shambled onto the field for one play, since nobody would buy a play action fake with out him. pass won the game). i think both should still make it
two of the most dominating players in the 90s retired this week(davis didn't officially, but the broncos released him today). both of them were incredible at their positions and dominated defenses for the 7 years they played, and they both would have been a no brainer for the hall if they hadn't been stopped short.

personally, i think they both still deserve it despite their short time in the league, like gale sayers. boselli was a five time pro-bowler and was the first pick of an expansion team. his play was incredible, almost never beaten by an end. he was the epitome of a left tackle, and even managed to play at his incredible level through injury. davis put up one of the 4 biggest rushing seasons ever, and won a league and super bowl mvp. he too played through pain, as he suffered from intense migraines yet still went onto the field(during one of the super bowls, he shambled onto the field for one play, since nobody would buy a play action fake with out him. pass won the game). i think both should still make it

- sblueman - 07-26-2003

I think that both deserve to be in. Davis was as dominant as any of the great backs in his prime, and he has two Super Bowls in his pocket as well. The real knock on Davis is he didn't play long enough. So what? All you have to say to that is Gale Sayers.

As for Boselli, I hate him since he is a former Jaguar (being a Titans fan), but damn that man was a friggin monster. I can't think of any time I saw him out of position or making a technical mistake. He was fundamentaly sound and a superb athlete for a man his size. He would overpower and outmanuever any defender in front of him. His play was up there with the best tackles ever like Munoz, Shell and Dierdorf.

I believe greatness should not be penalized for injuries. It's not like Boselli and Davis played well for only 2 or 3 years. They put in enough time to show that they were not a flash in the pan.

- Velociti - 07-26-2003

davis was completely unstoppable for at least 2 years. That, enough, is good enough for him to be in the hall of fame.

- criticslovesnatch - 07-27-2003

Davis yes, Boselli no.

If you're gonna make it into the hall as an O-lineman, you have to be around for longer than boselli was. Its a position where most of the criteria used is subjective, because you don't really have stats to go by, and truly great ones have to stick around for longer than boselli did. he was great, but for his position he wasn't there long enough.

Davis on the other hand, was the most feared RB in the league for a while, and in 7 years won 2 Super Bowls. That should be enough to get him in.