CDIH
Boone to Yankees - since I never start threads here... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Boone to Yankees - since I never start threads here... (/showthread.php?tid=7027)

- Goatweed - 07-31-2003

I thought I might as well now.

Quote:Third baseman Aaron Boone, who demanded Wednesday that the payroll-slashing Reds trade him, got his wish hours before the deadline Thursday when he was dealt to the Yankees for left-handed pitchers Brandon Claussen and Charlie Manning and cash.
more here.

I don't get it, did we need another third baseman? Unless they're gonna send Ventura packing, but who could we possibly get for him? I thought we needed an outfielder and maybe another arm for the pen?

- Goatweed - 07-31-2003

this is why I don't start theads here - on the same page I linked :
Quote:and the Yankees traded third baseman Robin Ventura to the Dodgers for minor league outfielder Bubba Crosby and minor league pitcher Scott Proctor.

- x-file - 07-31-2003

this move doesn't make any sense. Ventura is about as even as boone is. George pannicked and had to get a bat in here. He's focusing to much on boston and not just making sound moves.

- Goatweed - 07-31-2003

these trades are bullshit, we need solid relief pitching. Pitching wins you games, it's been proven - besides, we have plenty of offense.

- Velociti - 07-31-2003

I think peter gammonds summed it up well last night when he said:

"This is how the trades work in the MLB now, I'll be the yankees. *pulls out a few twentys from his pocket* Hey, I want some relief pitching whos willing to sell, and maybe brett boone or another all star to play third"

Its getting out of hand with the yankees trying to bankroll the league every year.

- criticslovesnatch - 07-31-2003

i liked clausson.

- x-file - 07-31-2003

Clausson was a good prospect that will probably turn into another Eric Milton. A good young pitcher.

Peter gammons, might know alot of baseball, but he is a die hard Red Sox fan. So for him to say that about the yankees is funny. Being that his team is doing the same thing. I hope Gammons has a heart-attack and lays in a puddle of his own feces.

- Galt - 08-01-2003

I'm pretty sure the Yankees payroll is less now than it was a week ago. I don't know how much Boone makes, and how much money they sent to the teams they traded with, but you take away Mondesi and Ventura's salary, it's got to be less than what it was.

However, the Red Sox payroll is closer to Tigers, Marlins, Padres, Pirates, and Reds than it is to the Yankees. So it's a bit foolish to compare the two. The Yankees payroll is something like $80 million more than anyone else's

- criticslovesnatch - 08-01-2003

Ventura's salary was exactly even with those of Gabe White and Aaron Boone...so today's deals had no effect on the Yankee payroll