CDIH
HUZZAH!! - Yankees make their best trade this year - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: HUZZAH!! - Yankees make their best trade this year (/showthread.php?tid=7071)

Pages: 1 2

- criticslovesnatch - 08-06-2003

Quote:Yankees trade Benitez to Mariners for Nelson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

SEATTLE -- The tenure of Armando Benitez with the Yankees was short-lived.

The Yankees shipped the hard-throwing reliever to the Mariners on Wednesday for another reliever, Jeff Nelson.

This is the latest attempt by the Yankees to upgrade their bullpen. They had acquired Benitez from the Mets just three weeks ago.

This will be Nelson's second tour of duty with the Yankees. He pitched for them from 1996-2000, helping the Yankees win four World Series titles in five years. However, his relationship with manager Joe Torre deteriorated during that span.

Benitez had good numbers in his brief stint with the Yankees (1-1, 1.93 ERA in nine innings), but Torre seemed to have him on a short leash, removing him from games at the first sign of trouble. Benitez had 21 saves with the Mets this season, but has had numerous high-profile meltdowns in his career.

- Goatweed - 08-06-2003

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

- Teenweek - 08-06-2003

Happy Days are here again. Mets and Red Sox fans can go cry in the corner now.

- Teenweek - 08-06-2003

Question. Doesn't Seattle have the highest suicide rate in the U.S. Guess add another one to that list.

- Keyser Soze - 08-07-2003

typical yankee fans. a few weeks ago you loved Benitez.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

Who the fuck ever loved Benitez? Pst proof plz.

- x-file - 08-07-2003

Benitez....BUH-BYE. Great move, This will help the bullpen out alot.

Nelson's numbers since July 5 0.91 ERA, 1BB, 16K's with a 3-1 Record.
Thats a reliever.

you yankee fans kill me. see the benitez thread from when the mets traded him to the yanks a few weeks back for proof.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

Quote:you yankee fans kill me. see the benitez thread from when the mets traded him to the yanks a few weeks back for proof.

Yeah, Teenweek, Arpi, and HedCold all making their awe-inspiring praises for the trade. I guess that represents all Yankee fans.

- Goatweed - 08-07-2003

I was against the Benitez trade from day one - bitter met fans are so silly...

- Teenweek - 08-07-2003

we got him for nothing, we improved by trading him. works for me. suck it mets fans.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

....I always liked Nelson... I was always sad when I saw him in a Mariners uniform...

Quote:Yeah, Teenweek, Arpi, and HedCold all making their awe-inspiring praises for the trade. I guess that represents all Yankee fans.

well they seem to lump all met fans into one category so i might as well do the same.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

Quote:well they seem to lump all met fans into one category so i might as well do the same.

I'm glad you can think for yourself.

i can, they just don't seem to want to acknowledge it. so why should i give them the same respect?

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

Who is "they"? "Them"?

i can't win this argument. i'm a mets fan with no legs to stand on. i respectfully remove myself from said debate.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

See? Fucking Met fans. Can't even win arguments, how do you expect to win a World Series again?

next year optimistically, 2005 realistically. they've freed up payroll allow them more financial flexibility and they're developing young talent, something they've always lacked.

the yankees, braves, and A's know how to win, i can acknowledge and appreciate that. the mets need to follow the same sort of philosophy if they expect to be competitive in years to come. make better trades, pick better free agents, spend their money more wisely.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

And once they do that, all of us Yankee fans can jump onto the Mets bandwagon.