CDIH
Have you been at the same job for too long? - How long is too long? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Have you been at the same job for too long? - How long is too long? (/showthread.php?tid=7079)

Pages: 1 2

- Kid Afrika - 08-07-2003

I've been working for the same company for 3 years now and it's the longest consecutive amount of time I've worked for one company in my life. I'm starting to wonder if it's time to move on, or if I should wait longer for success to come. I've received one promotion and several accolades while surviving three major down-sizings... So I feel a bit of importance at my job, but I wonder how well I might do somewhere else...

Where is your career headed? Are you happy where you are headed today?

- Zootybang - 08-07-2003

Popeye's won't kick in for a raise, huh?

- IrishAlkey - 08-07-2003

God bless Arby's.

- Hybrid - 08-07-2003

my job ends friday. thank god.

- Zootybang - 08-07-2003

Roast beef and cheddar rocks.

I don't get your sig.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

The Jays says:

Don't wait for success to happen for you. MAKE success happen for YOU!

- Zootybang - 08-07-2003

Quote:I don't get your sig.
Yeah, what he said.

- The Sleeper - 08-07-2003

:rofl: Apples! :rofl:

nah, i don't get it either

- crx girl - 08-07-2003

i've had my job since april last year. it's the longest i've ever worked for one place. i like it

- Doc - 08-07-2003

I've been with the same company for about 3 and a half years now, but I've been transfered (read: laid-off then re-hired) to different places in the company. Don't get me wrong, I like what I do most days, but the thought of doing this for good scares the crap out of me.

I don't think I'll ever be really happy with a job unless I'm my own boss...but that's still many moons from now

- DGW - 08-07-2003

Quote:I've been working for the same company for 3 years now and it's the longest consecutive amount of time I've worked for one company in my life.
no stereotype there

i've been with the same company for 10 years
i'm happy here
started at the bottom and have made a nice niche for myself here
survived downsizing of 110K in personel to our present 35K
kinda suprised i've made it this far
and with todays job market i'm even happier

- Keyser Soze - 08-07-2003

i can't believe im still here after 2 1/2 years. the commute sucks but the money and benefits rule.

Mafia.

- Jack - 08-07-2003

I'm headed towards 5 years in January.

The advancement here has been great and the future looks bright but I don't want to be here for the rest of my life. I just don't want to be working retail.

- DGW - 08-07-2003

Quote:Mafia.
irish or polish?

They won't tell me.

- Banana_juice - 08-07-2003

I am on my third year with my company.. I love it. good salary, good benefits.

- Gooch - 08-07-2003

I've worked for same company for 7 years. Worked in 4 different divisions. Survived merger, and cuts. But, not this year. My last 2.5 years has been a rollercoaster of insanity for the mis-run International division, and they are so mis-run, they can't afford the one production guy they had. Company wants to retain me...but with cuts and fact it is budget time and new fiscal year isn't till Oct, right now I'm completely fucked. And the severance is pure garbage, but I can't renegotiate or make a stink b/c I need them to come thru with position or at least freelance.

Now, I need to decide if I want to freelance, collect unemployment and rethink what I want to do, or try to slide into another company at a lesser salary and hope to work my way up.

Change is tough, but inevitable.

- The Sleeper - 08-07-2003

it amazes me how many people say they like their jobs